Lotr Crossbow.

The Mega Pistol.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

The only thing that makes this modification unique is the fact that this thing is entirely powered by bungees.
Some of the pics are lacking but I am feeling semi lazy and I do not feel like going back to open up the gun to do internal pics. The descriptions and photos provided should be enough to complete the modification.

Open your gun. You will need to crack a couple grey rings of plastic at the front and back. Take out the plunger assembly. Here is a view of the front. This plunger system works like that of the scout and longshot front gun.
Posted Image

Now cut away at those bungees try to keep as much as possible. Then take your pipe cutters and cut along the line. Do your best to get all the way through. Use a dremel if you have too. I got semi frustrated at opening this up so I cracked it open with my bare hands.
Posted Image

Then pull the two pieces apart and it shall reveal the plunger head. It's massive.
Posted Image

Then take off the O-ring and apply some fitted E-tape around the groove where the O-ring would go and then put the O-ring back into position. Then lube it up with some O-ring lubricant.
Posted Image

Now lets take care of the air restrictor in the back.
Posted Image

Now take out your screw driver and poke out this flat grey plastic nub.
Posted Image

Take your dremel and cut out the cross shape still in the barrel.
Wrap some E-tape around both ends of the barrel of choice and stick it in the stock barrel.
I went with about a foot of petg. I also added a wire to make sure the dart doesn't get stuck in the plunger tube.
Then be sure to hot glue or plumbers goop around the bottom to make sure it is air tight.
Posted Image

Then re-attach the stock bungees to their old spots by dremeling a hole and knotting them. You can see that and the dwarfing experience the Mega pistol has on the Longshots front guns plunger assembly.
Posted Image

Then take some 8 or 9 inch bungees and attach them to your pistol by drilling small holes for the bungees to go into.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The final product.

Posted Image

Range was only 89 feet. It would have gotten more but the weather is brutal for shrinking Stefan circumference and the cold air is more dense which means it is harder for ballistics to travel through it.

Summertime this thing should be able to punch out over 100' for sure.

It survived it's first winter war at WCNO.
One tiny internal band snapped during the range test. It did not affect it much. The bungees are pulling all the weight around here.

A couple things I really like about this gun are: How light it is. How far it shoots for a pistol, The size of the plunger tube, The sound it makes when firing. The sheer terror it beings to peoples faces when they are looking down the barrel at it.

Video is here.
Lord of the Rings crossbow modification demonstration.

This has been a 20 minute write up and video edit session. So I hope you didn't expect much.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

You've been VERY busy lately with the mods eh? LnL, Lancer, now this?

Awesome mod as usual, and I wanna pick one of these up BAD.

PS- Are these still in stores? Alternetively (sp?) where can I get one?

Edited by xNFx 37, 07 February 2008 - 05:10 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Yet another fricken ausome writeup by forsaken_angel.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#4 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

Interesting mod there Angel!
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#5 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

I see a Recon in the lower left corner of the 11th pic. Do you have something planned for that, too? Makes me nervous just thinking about what a beast you might be able to turn that thing into. :blink:

Great job on the gun, also.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#6 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

Awesome mod again, Angel! I was waiting till you posted up the writeup for the Mega Pistol.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

I don't know if I would call that a pistol, but its still pretty sweet.

One thing I might recommend, would be replacing the plunger handle. Carrtoon discovered that, at least on his, it was a spot for air to leak out, so he replaced the rear piece with PVC couplers and end caps

#8 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

I don't know if I would call that a pistol, but its still pretty sweet.

I think it's more of a pistol than a primory, maybe a fusion of both.

Firtsly the video is star wars music, gosh! (* sacrcasm *)

Also my friend has one of those and he says the catch is really finicky, did you have any problems with it?

Nice job, what else is new?

-Scotch
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#9 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Very Nice. Good Job Forsaken Angel
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#10 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

Man that thing has alot pf power.
How well is the plunger rod holding up with all of that strain?
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

XNFX 37: I doubt they are still in stores. I picked up this puppy at a thrift store for $1.99

Salmon: I have no plans for the Recon yet. I own 2 but I don't think I will be opening them up as I currently have other fish to fry.

Rokor: Thanks mate, you got to feel what a head shot of this thing can do at 60+ feet.

Sam: I covered all cracks and crevices around the plunger handle with Plumbers goop and then went over it with my thumb to make sure it smooths out. No air escapes now I made sure of it. That is something I forgot to mention in the write up.

Scotch: The catch on this thing is amazing! Maybe your buddy got a lemon or something. Even with 4 additional bungees I did not need to add another spring to the catch mech. The trigger and catch were designed really well.

Bobafan: Plunger rod is holding up well.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 07 February 2008 - 06:37 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#12 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

Shit man, do you spend all your time/money/energy/satanic prayers to attain your mad skills?

Damn, have you been busy. Adding this to my "to troll for at the thrift store" list.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#13 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

XNFX 37, Last time I checked they still had them at my local Toys 'R' Us.

This thing vacuum loads right?

#14 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

Nice mod. Makes me wish I had one of those LOTR Crossbow.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#15 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:50 AM

The thing I like the most about your write ups is how cleanly and precisely you demonstrate the modification. I've never read one of your mods that I wasn't able to follow 100% It makes browsing this forum all the more fun.

Great job on the mod also. Hopefully you're right about the weather and you really will get an extra 20 feet out of this. That'd be sick.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#16 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

That's awesome. I'm sure you will get at least 20' more, cxwq's LOTR Crossbow reached 99' without improving the plunger seal at all.

XNFX 37, Last time I checked they still had them at my local Toys 'R' Us.

This thing vacuum loads right?

What region are you in, sam? I'm in the Midwest and I have never seen this gun in stores.

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

I'm in the Midwest as well, specifically in Minnesota. They weren't with all the other Nerf blasters, they were with the other LOTR toys and action figures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users