Rfr Ammo Catcher

Preview of my Drum-Mag

10 replies to this topic

#1 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

The last thing I wanted to do was have to chase all the shells that I am going to be feeding through the gun as soon as I get my Drum-Mag working. So here is the deflection system and shell catcher prototype that I have construct for my RFR. I got tired of chasing the shells all over the place in with just the little clip. B) I didn't even want to think about chasing over a dozen shells every time I used the gun. The reason its still a prototype is that I haven't constructed my permanent deflector yet, its still cardboard, it will eventually be made of sheet plastic. But until I get the actual drum mag side working it is sufficient. A total write up will be done when I get every thing finalized in the design. Any way with out further ado, the picture.

Posted Image

And the video of how it works. Just so you know the reason I had problems with the last three shells in the video was because my clip was jamming. Something I plan on fixing before I finalize the design.

Video

Questions and comments welcome.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

Nice idea. Most people don't like the RFR because of its poor range and while I would never use it in a large scale NERF war, it's pretty fun to have a NERF rifle with shelll ejection. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

That's a pretty novel idea. Props for that. It's a shame that gun in a piece of shit. Also, ditch the t-shirt ninja attire. It's been done before and you look like a doofus.
I hate you.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

That is pretty cool. I would also recommend losing the terrorist look and going more for a Horrorist look. Look into masks.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

ditch the t-shirt ninja attire. It's been done before and you look like a doofus.

I got lots and lots of other masks, it was just late and I didn't feel like takeing the effort to put one of them on. Don't worry I will use one of them next time. B)

Edited by Z-man12, 07 February 2008 - 05:44 PM.

I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#6 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

Thats a prety sweet idea, verry usefull to. Props.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#7 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

That's a really innovative system. When I 1st glanced at it I thought you made a tommy-gun style home made clip but I like what you did.
"I am The Milkman, my milk is delicious"

I had a long hiatus from nerfing from '09-'13

#8 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:57 AM

Pretty neat system you came up with there. It's too bad you wouldn't be able to use this in a large scale outdoor war though. If you Nerf inside, I'm sure it suits you very well.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#9 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

Pretty neat system you came up with there. It's too bad you wouldn't be able to use this in a large scale outdoor war though. If you Nerf inside, I'm sure it suits you very well.

I am attempting to remedy the lack of range right now, along with creating a real drum-mag feed system. But yes it works nicely indoors.

Edited by Z-man12, 08 February 2008 - 10:06 AM.

#10 R3unbreakable

R3unbreakable

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

i love this idea, its simply brilliant or brilliantly simple.if i were makin it, id cut another hole in the bottom of the drum that is off center so you could slide it open to pour all the shells out

#11 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

i love this idea, its simply brilliant or brilliantly simple.if i were making it, id cut another hole in the bottom of the drum that is off center so you could slide it open to pour all the shells out

I thought it was a simple cleaver idea. I know I saw some one once mention that they had done it. But I couldn't find it when I started this so I just winged it.

I am actually going to put a door in the back of the drum later. Right now though you can remove the back plate of the spindle if you want to dump them out that way.

The door comes later though. I have the drum-clip side to finish first. Not to mention a lot of tweaking to the gun body for my evil plans.

Edited by Z-man12, 08 February 2008 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users