Photo

Sm2.5k Pump Fix

3 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

I recently bought a sm2,5k off my cousin. He was getting rid of it, as it's pump handle had broken, which I heard is a common malfunction with this gun. Is there any way to easily fix this? I thought maybe a lot of my supercomboglue (epoxy, gorilla, goop) might fix it. or could I dremel down the front of the gun and extend the shaft of the pump and attach a handle to it that way?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

I recently bought a sm2,5k off my cousin. He was getting rid of it, as it's pump handle had broken, which I heard is a common malfunction with this gun. Is there any way to easily fix this? I thought maybe a lot of my supercomboglue (epoxy, gorilla, goop) might fix it. or could I dremel down the front of the gun and extend the shaft of the pump and attach a handle to it that way?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

Pics would help. Usually you don't want to to do anything that will shorten your pump. Your best bet is probably to reinforce it with some sheet metal or plastic.

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

I believe that the 2500 is similar to the 3000, and so I think something like this should work. Just look at the handle-strengthening part. In theory it should work with any gun with a handle for the pump.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 12 February 2008 - 06:56 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

You could attach a new pump, but with all the valve problems I read about with the 2.5/3k, you'd be better off getting a at3k, or just using another gun's pump.
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users