Photo

Titan-mav

13 replies to this topic

#1 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

This is my solution to lazy noobs who don't make stefens.

Posted Image

This is my titan integrated into a Mav shell. It has a 1/2 inch PVC not CPVC barrel, which makes it only shoot stocks.
Yeah its a bit messy but I can clean it up, maybe a black and neon green paint job. As I said it only shoots stocks but thats okay, the 1/2 inch PVC is just a thing that can be temporary.

Titan-Mav compared to a few PS2 games.
Posted Image
I connected the trigger to the Titan valve with a piece of ordinary string, its holding up
fine.

Posted Image

Its still long but at least its not like a rocket launcher shooting one dart anymore.

Its too cold out to do official ranges and I'm kinda lazy about them but eyeballing it looks like 150'-190' with an un-damaged tagger, its not very good for a titan but hey, its shooting stock darts!

More pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Flames? Bring it on. Oh and the rubber red "silencer" thingy is just there cause' I think it looks cool.

Edited by foamforce123, 06 February 2008 - 10:44 PM.

Deal wit it.

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

Isn't it kind of unwieldy-ish?
If you try to hold the mav like a pistol does it lean forward in the front? Or will it break?
And lastly, is it useful? Could you sucessfully use it?

Sorry for so many questions...

#3 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

Isn't it kind of unwieldy-ish?
If you try to hold the mav like a pistol does it lean forward in the front? Or will it break?
And lastly, is it useful? Could you sucessfully use it?

Sorry for so many questions...

You don't have to say sorry for questions. No its not unwieldy-ish. Well its not a pistol anymore, its a rifle, you hold it with two hands. You could totally use it, its a titan, one of the most powerful Nerf guns created.

Edited by foamforce123, 06 February 2008 - 11:00 PM.

Deal wit it.

#4 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

I would put a handle on the barrel if I was you.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

Thats... Cool... I guess.. :huh: It is just, umm.. Kind of impractical. It's just like, why put a titan on a mav? The titan's power should be in the titan. When you put it in a mav, that kind of ruins it. A titan is a worthy integration, but to a gun that gets very good range, and isn't a crappy secondary. Like the titan integration is best left to a gun like a longshot. It just seems very out of place on a mav. :blush: But it is creative! I'll give ya that!

EDIT: And FYI, the titan IS the most powerful nef blaster out there. The only comparison is like the crossbow, which doesn't get as good of range.

Edited by Bomberman, 07 February 2008 - 12:59 AM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

EDIT: And FYI, the titan IS the most powerful nef blaster out there. The only comparison is like the crossbow, which doesn't get as good of range.

I've heard that if you mod a maxshot right, it can get better ranges than a crossbow. I think there was a thread on it once.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#7 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

If you're looking for sheer power, the crossbow is not the tool for you. I can be outranged by a number of guns that are easier to come by.

Also, Singled Titans are banned at most major wars, so you may want to keep that in mind when packing for an event.

Otherwise, great mod. It kind of reminds me of the blaster Luke uses at the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope, the one that he's using when he gets attacked while looking for R2-D2.

Actually, you may have given me an idea...
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#8 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:40 AM

I don't think that the Titan-Mav allows you enough leverage to build up the pressure to shoot through a soda can. It's hard enough to do with an Airtech or LBB where the pump is still held firmly in place by the shell. On the Titan-Mav, you'd probably snap off the pump before you get to that point.

#9 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

Nice mod, but it's not practical at all. For range there are a couple guns that can get titan ranges or better. The lbb, the bbbb, and the Sm5k get pretty close ranges to the titan.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#10 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

If the thing on the top is the pump, isn't it uncomfortable to pump? How many times do you pump it at average?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

Cut 2/3 of that barrel off. All that friction is just going to slow the dart down.

#12 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

Cut 2/3 of that barrel off. All that friction is just going to slow the dart down.

The titan can handle up to a 2' barrel while still propelling the dart. Any longer than that it will start to lose range.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#13 mp130

mp130

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

Dammit! You beat me to putting this up. I did something very similar to this a couple days ago, the only difference is that:
1. I put the pump on the bottom
2. I used a 2 ft. (give or take) cpvc barrel
3. I left the bottom of the turret holder intact.

The maverick I used was broken anyway so... yea. And it is not unwieldy at all, it reduces the size of the titan to a pistol (with a long barrel), and with two hands, it is quite comfortable to hold.
QUOTE(DJRayza @ May 2 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
the range is to that of a midget hurling a small cow

#14 foamforce123

foamforce123

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:03 PM

If you're looking for sheer power, the crossbow is not the tool for you. I can be outranged by a number of guns that are easier to come by.

Also, Singled Titans are banned at most major wars, so you may want to keep that in mind when packing for an event.

Otherwise, great mod. It kind of reminds me of the blaster Luke uses at the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope, the one that he's using when he gets attacked while looking for R2-D2.

Actually, you may have given me an idea...

Thanks for the compliment.

I don't think that the Titan-Mav allows you enough leverage to build up the pressure to shoot through a soda can. It's hard enough to do with an Airtech or LBB where the pump is still held firmly in place by the shell. On the Titan-Mav, you'd probably snap off the pump before you get to that point.

No, the pump is on there good, it won't snap off.

Nice mod, but it's not practical at all. For range there are a couple guns that can get titan ranges or better. The lbb, the bbbb, and the Sm5k get pretty close ranges to the titan.

~l337

Thanks for the compliment, but I think it is very practical, you don't have to lug around a rocket launcher to shoot ONE dart.

If the thing on the top is the pump, isn't it uncomfortable to pump? How many times do you pump it at average?

No, it is quite comfortable to pump because I pump it with my barrel taken off.

The barrel is fine.

Dammit! You beat me to putting this up. I did something very similar to this a couple days ago, the only difference is that:
1. I put the pump on the bottom
2. I used a 2 ft. (give or take) cpvc barrel
3. I left the bottom of the turret holder intact.

The maverick I used was broken anyway so... yea. And it is not unwieldy at all, it reduces the size of the titan to a pistol (with a long barrel), and with two hands, it is quite comfortable to hold.

Lol sorry, hey, still post it but put something cool on it like an extra gun or a sweet paint job, hell by your description, it already sounds alot better than mine. :)
Deal wit it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users