Seven Of Nine

A hornet product

15 replies to this topic

#1 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Alright so everyone knows the maverick is not a well liked blaster. But one day I was at a friends house and his mom bought him 3 new mavericks so he and I had a war with the stock mavs. I found that they were not that bad. Think about it it is not that big and it has six shots as with a modified nf if you miss with your 1 shot you are screwed.
So I thought if I modded it to its max power it might be usable also i did not see any barrel mod write ups for this gun here so here I present SeVeN of NiNe its my first write up so bear with me.

Alright first open it up
Posted Image

Then you wanna do this to the plunger rod I used 3M electric tape and lubed it up.
Posted Image

Next Place 3 or 4 penny's behind the plunger tube this helps compress the spring more
Posted Image

ok now you see that little plastic nub?
Posted Image

Grind it off
Posted Image

Now you see that plastic nub?
Posted Image

Grind it off too This part of the mod will allow the chamber to open up all the way
Posted Image

Alright now open up your turret
Posted Image

remove the air restrictors so this piece looks like this
Posted Image

and cut off the stock barrels at the red lines
Posted Image

Now add 3" petg barrels. They fit great in those holes just add a little hot glue to seal it
Posted Image

do that until you get this
Posted Image

Now close it back up and you have this.
Posted Image

I put #7 stickers on the side and a #9 sticker on the bottom
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ranges
1 43'
2 46'
3 49'
4 47'
5 50'
6 48'

All in all it makes a great indoor sidearm and its also good for small backyard style outdoor wars.
and its one of the most comfortable guns I have ever held too. Except for my crossbow of course.
It will never replace my trusty night finder but it is not as bad as everyone says it is.

Edited by hornet, 06 February 2008 - 03:06 PM.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#2 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

That's pretty cool, if my Maverick wasn't in a landfill I would definitely try it. It's nothing particularly new but your instructions are easy to understand. Most of your pictures are terribly blurry, though.

#3 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

I know the pictures are blurry sorry. My digital camera is a cheap 3 year old camera and it does not focus
very well.

#4 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

Good Job on the mod it looks good.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#5 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

Here I expected to see some sort of Borg influence / integration on your blaster, or at least a picture of that hot chick with huge knockers from Voyager. I was disappointed in both regards.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#6 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

I wish my mav wasn't gone for all eternity. I threw it into the depths of hell. I was frustrated. -_- But good mod. Next time, try putting your camera on a flat surface and/or buy a tripod for it. Holding it with your hands, you wil never get a good picture.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#7 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

Here I expected to see some sort of Borg influence / integration on your blaster, or at least a picture of that hot chick with huge knockers from Voyager. I was disappointed in both regards.

-Groove

here you go groove
Posted Image

#8 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Would you see a problem if you were to use brass instead of the PETG?
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#9 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

Would you see a problem if you were to use brass instead of the PETG?

Not realy but it would make it weigh alot more and that might make it harder to rotate the turret.

#10 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

Wow I was just about to say the exact thing as blink_128. I am glad i checked before posting.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#11 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

I hadn't thought of using PETG barrels... That's a good idea! Personally, I love the maverick. Sure, it requires modification to be a substantial weapon, but it's pretty awesome looking.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#12 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

That's a nice mod. I've tried Baghead's mod a few times, and I think I screwed it up because it turned out... unsatisfactorily. But I'll be snagging some PETG soon, might as well grab a new Maverick, too.

:props:

Groove, I expected the same thing. At least about the Borg, I hadn't thought of the huge knockers.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#13 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

-Groove

I completely agree Groove. I was expecting some sort of creation inspired by StarTrek but was slightly disappointed. Over all the mod is good, your ranges seem a bit iffy in my eyes but thats just me. Basically everything you did here has already been done. You just put it into one blurry guide. I'm not saying it was bad, quite the opposite, I thought it was good. And Groove a little off-topic you're thinking of Jerri Ryan, she also played in Boston Public or what ever it was.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#14 donz2323

donz2323

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Ranges
1 43'
2 46'
3 49'
4 47'
5 50'
6 48'

Are those ranges flat or angled? Those are really good for a stock spring. I did the penny mod, straw mod, and the drop out clip and my ranges are barely farther than stock. That is compared side by side with my stock one. Maybe it's time for a barrel after I get the slider fixed.

Ohh, In my opinion don't use brass, 5 bucks worth of brass can be better used elsewhere. I doubt it will shoot much farther than seven of Nine, the gun simply doesn't push that much air.

#15 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:29 AM

Just a warning to whoever does the penny mod- Don't put too many pennies in. I put too many in and the slider pegs broke. My mav will never be the same again. I think i used too much glue because i only used 4 pennies like he said.

Edited by sn1per, 07 February 2008 - 10:30 AM.

QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#16 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

Yes do not add more than 4! The mavs cocking mech is extremely weak. I used 3 but 4 should be safe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users