Photo

Mav Help

6 replies to this topic

#1 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

Ok this might be the most frustrating gun to mod in the world. I did Bag's mod, and then when everything looked fine, out of the blue it wouldn't fire. The barrel auto-rotates and makes a loud "thwang" sound when I fire it. Maybe there's some thing wrong with the seal...

Picture

Posted Image

Thanks

-Scotch
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

It could be a few things.

1. You didn't screw the turret together tight enough.

2. You're air restrictors are mis-shaped.

However if you did bag's mod you probably hot glued it shut. In such case, you are screwed.

I did a removeable turret mod, mine shoots now, but makes a loud banging sound because the turret is too far away from the plunger.

One time I just opened it up and fiddled around, closed it back up, and now it's fine. <_<

EDIT- I just noticed the orange piece on the metal rod is very far forward. You may want to hammer it a little more until the rod is flush with the end of the orange piece

Edited by xNFx 37, 05 February 2008 - 08:35 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

The hot glue part is the one part I did not do <_<
I'll go hammer it in more and then get back to work on my Recon...

Thanks

-Scotch

Edited by Scotch, 05 February 2008 - 09:09 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:27 PM

The hot glue part is the one part I did not do <_<

In that case, did you leave part of the air restrictor in? If not, then there's your problem. You need to leave in the part of the AR that has the peg on it, although you can break off the peg and drill a hole in the piece (not too wide, though).

Bags did not do this in his mod because he used hot glue to make the seal instead.

Honestly, why do people find it so hard to modify Mavericks?! *shakes fist at nothing in particular*

Edited by jwasko, 05 February 2008 - 09:27 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

That same thing happened to me! I wish I hadn't killed mine...
But oh well. It is a meverick after all. <_<
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts
  • Location:A small town in Michigan that you've never heard of, so don't bother asking.

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

This happened to mine...untill i fixed it. For mine, a problen was the turret wasn't lining up with the plunger chanber well enough. For that, i took it apart and aligned the rotating mechs together. The other was the orange end cap wasn't on far enough. This isn't a real problem unless you use the barrel release thing. Then you have to align it again. I just pushed mine down as hard as i could untill it was flush. I could have, should have, and would have hit it down with a hammer, except for the fact that there was (and now theres a blizzard...litterally.) like 5 inches of snow and 15 degrees.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#7 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

Mine did that loud sound with no shot. It was because I didn't put in the bottom of the AR. It was as simple as that. That's more than likely what it is.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"Itís only after youíve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users