Photo

High Quality Laser Scope

8 replies to this topic

#1 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first post on NH so I would just like say its great to be here :(. Ok now to my question. I would just like to know if anyone has some sites or knows some places to buy scopes. I would prefer if they were easy to attach and within the price range of 20$-50$.

#2 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Dude, high-quality scopes in general are over $100. Laser scopes can fetch a good $1000 sometimes. Just buy a scope for a BB gun. www.shortyusa.com has some good scopes for about $20-30 that has about 4x magnification, and most under $60 come with scope rings.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#3 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

Thanks, man. I should of added I usually only play indoor wars so I only need one that can go around 50 ft. I just meant I needed one that wouldn't crap out after 2 mins of nerfing. Next time I will make sure that I make myself clear so I dont seem like a complete dumb ass.

Edited by Flantre, 04 February 2008 - 05:59 PM.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

Nerf and scopes generally do NOT go together. I would advise you not to waste your money adding useless extras.

1. Nerf guns aren't going to be shooting more than 120 feet, but more realistically you won't be taking many shots beyond 80 feet.
2. Any shots landed beyond 120 feet are very unlikely to hit what you were aiming at unless your target is sitting still. Nerf is NOT about standing still or bunkering
3. Magnification is only needed if you are trying to shoot accurately beyond 100 YARDS. Any closer than that and you should be using iron sights.
4. You're going to need your whole field of view to keep from being flanked. Especially for indoor wars where you're not going to have much time to line up your sights anyways.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 February 2008 - 12:03 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

What Sluggy said.

If you're talking about scoping a Nerf blaster, save your money. Get a slice of 3/4 inch to 1 inch PVC pipe, and make yourself a peep sight; basically, an open, short tube. That'll allow you a quick look and give you pretty much what you can expect as far as accuracy is concerned, and you can aim and shoot on the run.

You won't be able to realistically use even a cheapie BB or pellet gun scope. The eye relief (the distance between your eye and the back of the scope to get a good "picture" is so subtle that you'd need to hold still for quite some time to just get a good sight picture... not something likely to happen in a Nerf war.

Now, if you're just going to plink paper cups off your dining table, and you insist on having that "real douche bag gun look" for your Nerf blaster, then go for it. Most of the people who have airsoft and BB gun scopes on their weaponry have it primarily for looks.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:15 AM

­

Edited by DarkInfection, 23 June 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#7 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:39 PM

I got a laser pointer mounted on my single shooter Longshot. I haven't tested it in a war yet but its seems great for hip leveled shot (or non-aimed). What are you trying to mount a scope on?

Edited by CAPS, 05 February 2008 - 10:40 PM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#8 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

I got a laser pointer mounted on my single shooter Longshot. I haven't tested it in a war yet but its seems great for hip leveled shot (or non-aimed). What are you trying to mount a scope on?

Are you sure you aren't Shorty?

On topic, I find iron sights to be the most useful. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at this.
Posted Image
The gray dot is the target.

Edited by yourface, 06 February 2008 - 02:11 PM.

#9 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

I find red dot sights work well as far as an aiming application. Cheap, decent ones run from $30-$40.

EDIT: It's what boltsniper uses also.

Edited by Blasphemy, 06 February 2008 - 03:42 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users