Photo

Titan Help

5 replies to this topic

#1 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

Ok, so I was doing the "one pump titan" mod on my titan when I ran into a problem. When I pump it a few times, all the air leaks out. Usually the air stays in at one pump.

I'm guessing I have a leak some where along the line.

Any help here?

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

Bike pump replacement you mean?

How did you connect it? Pump valve to tubing to tank? It wouldn't work, you need s brass fitting or 2.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

Yeah. I couldn't open my titan up so I just sawed off one end, and connected it throught the stock pump shaft.

The pump's not the problem though. The seal still needs a little patching up, the leak I'm getting is alot bigger. and not from there.

Messing around with the pressure gauge seems to affect the rate of air leakage.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

You open the titan by dremeling or prying off the little orange ring at the foot of the gun. And your air leak is most likely around the "pressure guage", because I had a small leak there, but I fixed it with some e-poxy-ing.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Ok, so I was doing the "one pump titan" mod on my titan when I ran into a problem. When I pump it a few times, all the air leaks out. Usually the air stays in at one pump.

I'm guessing I have a leak some where along the line.

Any help here?

Considering that you did the "one pump titan mod", and you pumped it multiple times, then maybe you ruptured your tank. The air seal between the hose and where ever you connected it may need goop or some other such glue for an air tight seal. Or it maybe something with your air gauge. I never messed with mine so I'm not sure what could be wrong should the problem be there.
To find the leak if you're not sure where it is, either listen/feel for it, or take a spray bottle filled with water and spray everything until you see bubbles.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#6 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Ok, I got it open and fixed it. The part connecting it to the pressure gauge broke off. Thanks any ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users