My Pump Action Ls

all my own design

35 replies to this topic

#1 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

While the Images upload to photobucket I'll tell you all what I did. A few months back I say several of the pump action mods to the longshot. I really didn't like how bulky the wood was, and how it would inhibit the usefulness in basement wars. I also say the integration of the secondary gun to the bipod area. I decides I would combine both. I mounted the secondary where the bipod was, and dremeled out(I should have been more careful) 2 slots so the pump could move twice the distance. During this process I really messed up the cosmetics of the secondary, and had to fix it with epoxy and hot glue. I gave it a full black paint job. The parts without paint are where I worked on the cosmetics, but ran out of spray paint. I used half inch pvc and hotglue (which has held up surprisingly well) to connect the pump and the bolt. I left the bolt on so I could use it if I wanted too. Despite the bad initial dremeling it pumps very smoothly. I'd like to think this is one of the better ways to easily add pump action, but who knows. I did this whole mod without opening it up. I had to much fear after going through so many mavericks and NFs. (I got an NF to shoot at least 150'(angeled a bit)
I've talked enough, so heres some pics. Even though they really dont do it justice, the lighting was bad.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

EDIT: the pictures really make it look a bit messed up, but It looks quite a bit better in person.

All questions are welcomed.

Edited by pizlo, 03 February 2008 - 09:22 PM.

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

That's a nice, creative alternative to CS's design. So the Ls and the front gun shoot at the same time to create a a shotgunning effect?

Also, I don't know about 150 feet even angled out of an NF
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

Does the pump function the secondary gun, or is the shell of it just there to provide a grip.

Either way, good job. Pump grips are becoming very popular on the LS, and unique ones can set you apart.
On a sidenote, I had a friend try this, and killed his gun doing it. Well done.
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

I've seen better paintjobs, but well done. Cool. Ranges?
EDIT: And there is no way in hell you are going to get an NF to shoot 150, even at a 45 degree angle, with out it breaking within the first 5 shots. It is simply too much power.

Edited by Bomberman, 03 February 2008 - 09:38 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

OBVIOUSLY he shot it from the roof of a 10 story building.
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#6 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

Sadly I had to gut the secondary to get the full pump length. It was functional secondary, or pump action.
Yes you can all laugh now, but when I get a new NF ( I lost mine in a failed nightmav) I'll video tape it and measure it. thats a promise.
And yeah the paint job isn't captured well by the camera, but even in person it isn't great.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

Sooo, it actually does nothing new then? Most of the wood or other ghetto foregrips are based around my first foregrip design.
http://www.captainsl.../nerf/ls_90.jpg
But it only took a few months to come up with a much simpler solution.
http://www.captainsl...nerf/lsg_98.jpg

I did this whole mod without opening it up.

Wait...
WHAT?

Did you effectively just glue your gun shut?

Edited by CaptainSlug, 03 February 2008 - 09:56 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

Sooo, it actually does nothing new then?

Did you effectively just glue your gun shut?

Nope nothing new, just thought I'd post my several month old mod.
I suppose the paint will hold it shut, as far as glue goes I don't think there is any connecting both sides. I prommised myself I wouldn't open it up. now I want to but at the time I didn't want to waste 30 bucks.

#9 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

(I got an NF to shoot at least 150'(angeled a bit)

I'm calling BS on that one.

And, yeah- how the SHIT did you do it without opening the gun up? Did you even take out the AR's or add a new spring or barrel? I can understand the aversion to shelling out $20+ for a foregrip and making your own, and the frontgun integration, but if you're going to go to that trouble, why not do a basic mod?

I have many questions.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#10 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

He didn't open his LS. Not the NF.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:36 AM

That is one ugly son of a bitch. Oh, and don't argue ridiculous ranges. If you want to waste our time with completely unsubstantiated claims you're not gonna get a very warm reception.

VACC

#12 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

I was thinking about doing the exact thing. Go ahead call me a leach poser or something but I seriously was. However I was planning on making it more visually appealing by having it contained on the inside. However this was brought to a short halt due to a slip of the dremel...

I'm glad that my unsaid idea has been put to use.

The finished product always works better than a concept that isn't finished. Good job!
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#13 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:44 PM

That is one ugly son of a bitch. Oh, and don't argue ridiculous ranges. If you want to waste our time with completely unsubstantiated claims you're not gonna get a very warm reception.

VACC

I can promise you you will be eating those words once I get another NF. I wont promise to have it by the end of the week, because I cant drive myself to walmart, but when I have it. I'll videotape me shooting a painted streamline 150' and measure it with a wheel measure thingy.
I don't want to start an agrument, just wait till I get around to geting a new NF and post a vid.

#14 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

150 ft out of a Nitefinder isn't too hard to believe, given the massive rebuilds for it we've seen done before. The question I'd like to ask is how quickly does your NF go from nerf gun to shattered pile of bright yellow plastic shards?

Edited by umdlancer, 04 February 2008 - 03:56 PM.

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

I can promise you you will be eating those words once I get another NF. I wont promise to have it by the end of the week, because I cant drive myself to walmart, but when I have it. I'll videotape me shooting a painted streamline 150' and measure it with a wheel measure thingy.
I don't want to start an agrument, just wait till I get around to geting a new NF and post a vid.

Alright, I'm gonna step back and refrain from doing what I would very much like to do right now. Instead I'm going to explain this to you a little more slowly. I did not say that your claim was impossible, I said that it was unsubstantiated. You cannot prove it at the moment. What that means is that you are arguing on a purely he said she said (that's you jackass) basis. I won't have it. It really has nothing to do with weather or not I believe you, it's just pointless, and more than that it's fucking annoying. So here's the deal: you can discuss the mod you did to it all you like but you will not argue the range until you have whatever proof you say that you eventually will. If I see you arguing the range before then (even once) I will mute you until you email me to tell me that you have it, unmute you for 1 day to produce this video, and then ban you if you fail to do so. That's it, end of story. Continue to discuss your hideous longshot.

#16 nerfer192

nerfer192

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

Great job, and an easy way to mod if you are afraid to open up your trusty LS (like me). Do you really think 150' is possible with an NF?
The first time I made stefans I made them without weights.

92% of teens have moved on to the N-Strike line.
If you are part of the 8% who still use real old guns,
copy and paste this into your signature

woot I use at3k.

#17 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

The only reason I elaborated my original statement, was that people asked questions, and prompted me to respond/defend myself, sorry If I broke a rule or offended you.

I don't want to start an argument, just wait till I get around to getting a new NF and post a vid.

You admins(mods?) are pretty strict. Why do you feel the need to call people creations hideous(I'm not saying it looks good) and by doing so probably discourage people from posting there opinions and ideas that would have contributed something for this community that could improve it?. If you have some specific forum rules you want me to read, I'm all ears. (and I say this with total sincerity)
Please note that I too am stepping back and refraining myself from what I would like to say, but I do have to respect your authority on your site.

#18 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

He's providing honest feedback. It does look rather quick & ugly when compared with some of the other pump-action LS mods out there.

How a mod looks is just as important for some of us as how it does. For example, the first indication you'll ever get that some of my guns are modded is when there's a noticably louder ka-whoop when I pull the trigger.

#19 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing.

Edited by Ubermensch, 04 February 2008 - 06:10 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#20 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

I suppose I only mod to get a bit of an edge in the kind of mini war like things I play. accuracy and add a bit of range, to me a nerfgun is just to experiment and try to max out. If I can get something to work, I'm still happy if its covered in ductape and unpainted epoxy. I cant say nerf is one of my pastimes, or that I take alot of pride in my work. It works and I did it on my own, that good enough for me. something I will invest time in for good looks is spudgunning, but that stuff is a bit to advanced for this general crowd.

#21 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

Wait, are you saying that the spudgunners are smarter than us?!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#22 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

some of them are smarter than some of you yes. spudgunning has they're fair share of cartoons, boltsnipers, carbons, captain slugs, and that type, but they also have some noobs, I just think that the average spud gunner build higher quality guns than the average nerfer. In terms of homeades they are very much ahead, but they almost never match nerfs cosmetics. they're different, but comparable.

#23 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

That may be true, however given that both hobbies use pneumatics and both include different methods of launch, no one hobbyist is smarter than the other. Unless you decide to use acetylene, not weld the pvc/abs together or something different.

All that matters is that you are innovative with your new design and/or if you're working on a proven design/concept then you do it right.

I love the spudgun hobby because we launch rather large or heavier projectiles much farther, or by scale, farther. However I like the intricacy of some of the nerf guns, the LS in particular. However some spudguns can also be very complicated on a large and small scale.

They're both great! No need to take sides.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#24 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

That may be true, however given that both hobbies use pneumatics and both include different methods of launch, no one hobbyist is smarter than the other. Unless you decide to use acetylene, not weld the pvc/abs together or something different.

All that matters is that you are innovative with your new design and/or if you're working on a proven design/concept then you do it right.

I love the spudgun hobby because we launch rather large or heavier projectiles much farther, or by scale, farther. However I like the intricacy of some of the nerf guns, the LS in particular. However some spudguns can also be very complicated on a large and small scale.

They're both great! No need to take sides.

You my friend are quite the ghandi of shooting hobbies:)

#25 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

but that stuff is a bit to advanced for this general crowd.

No, he definitely just called us stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users