Big Bad Problem

My BBB is messed up

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

So, I was modding my BBB last night. I put in a new spring and added a brass barrel. My problem is that it doesn’t want to cock again after being fired. The only way I can get it to cock is to pull on the little orange nubs on the side. I don’t know what’s wrong. Internal pictures and some advice on what could have gone wrong would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#2 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

There are springs that go in the inside of the orange nubs. Chances are if you have to pull those out manually, the springs are missing or aren't properly installed.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

How did you replace the spring? I had a similar problem when I did THA's spring replacement mod. Make sure your spring isn't too long, that was my problem.

#4 Slice

Slice

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

Your spring maybe to strong. If that is the problem you will need to add another spring onto each orange nub. Or the small springes on the orange nubs are missing. I had this problem too.
Huh, Huh, Huh. Your FUNNY.

#5 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

How did you replace the spring? I had a similar problem when I did THA's spring replacement mod. Make sure your spring isn't too long, that was my problem.

I added a handy man spring with a PVC seat to make it long enough. If anything, the spring is too long

I added air restrictor springs from a Maverick in addition to the stock ones but, it still gets stuck.

Edited by Ro-Sham-Bo, 03 February 2008 - 04:47 PM.

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

The springs inside air restrictors are completely worthless. They are so weak, they aren't even worth putting in anywhere. Chances are that they'll just get bent and turn into a wire-y mess.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

Sand down the PVC seat some, thats what fixed my problem.

#8 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

I sanded it down a bunch but, the gun still stays extended. The back part with the trigger wont go back into the front part without me manually pulling on the nubs.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

This has happened to me, but that was because I cut the top part off. You just have to wiggle it around. Also, The added AR springs might be your problem.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#10 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:33 PM

I own two BBB's, and this happened to one. How did you put the nubs in? The little curved square should be where the line thingy on it is horizontal, and most importantly, it has to be ON TOP OF, NOT next to or under, the litttle line that the plunger rod is connected to. It won't seen like it fits at first, until you put on the shell, but it does and is absolutely crucial to the mechanism working. If you can't understand, PM me and I'll post some pics. Hope this helps!
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#11 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

I did A Big Bad sexy mod, but I added too much hot glue and I had this problem. You might have put the white restrictor piece in backwards.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#12 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

Is the spring in the endcap? Mine got around 40 feet when it was backwards. When I fixed it, I got 65+ feet.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#13 TheDasuri

TheDasuri

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

Hmm, Well all I can say if all of the above (and excellent suggestions by the way) do not work is you should post pictures of your BBB.

Then someone more knowledgeable than I can probably help you remedy this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users