What Is This Gun?

Might be a water gun, buut.....

16 replies to this topic

#1 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

So I found this toy gun laying in the middle of the road, it had an orange pump on the back, so I started to pump it alot, then I pulled the trigger and an amazing amount of air came out. So I proceeded to crazy glue a marker barrel on there and it gets a very good range for a peice of road-killed gun. What is this gun called? It might be a squirt gun because it has that smell when you shoot it that smell when you shoot an empty squirt gun. It is red and black and has a sort of blue round thing on the back near the pump.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

So post a picture.

Aren't there any markings or brand names on it? Did you even try looking? Just about anything made by Larami or Hasbro has stampings on them.

Words in a forum post don't do enough. And I don't like playing guessing games.

Especially when it sort of looks like sort of the last time you sort of found a toy gun.

Sort of.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

To better help you, describe the gun in more detail or provide a picture as Pineapple suggested. I know a lot about water guns, but I can't identify one from the colors and approximate positions of them alone.

Check out these websites too if you want to identify a water gun:
http://www.isoaker.c...ury/default.cfm
http://www.sscentral.org/reviews/

Edited by Doom, 02 February 2008 - 11:08 PM.

#4 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

It says es toys on it and my brother wont let me use his dig camera D:

#5 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

What a shame.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#6 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

What a shame.

yeeeaaah... (I will try to sneak it out of his room when he is in the bathroom)

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:14 AM

Well, if it is indeed a nerf gun, the only one I can think of with a pump coming out the back is an Sm750.
Google it... if you're not going to post pics you can at least look for them.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#8 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

Got a pic :)

Posted Image

#9 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:18 PM

The company that made it is called AirZone.

I believe this is called the Air Bazooka, but I may be wrong. I have one too. It's kind of like the predecessor to the big blast.

Note that the name "Air Bazooka" is a generic name by Airzone and there are many different versions of their "air bazookas". Some of them are purple and red and have a different shape.

EDIT: On second thought, I believe the name is the "Power Bazooka" by Airzone. Okay you get the point--it's some kind of bazooka made by Airzone.

Edited by frost vectron, 03 February 2008 - 07:21 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#10 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

Its gets a GREAT range for road kill :)

#11 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

Thats definitely not an ABB (Airzone blast bazooka). I had one. It looks like a water gun, especially since it has that blue globe that many water guns have.

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 03 February 2008 - 07:35 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#12 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

Good find, I guess. Got any ranges?
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#13 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

Great range? Seriously?
I found one at a Goodwill, got home, and had plans to do a write up on it. I opened it up, and noticed it was one of the stupidest designs I had ever seen. First off, it has a square air tank. Secondly, it has this weird lever-type trigger, so you can't bic pen mod it, and the pin only opens a little bit. Thirdly, the pump looks nice and big on the inside, but then when you pull it out, it's absolutely tiny. But I still modded it. I plugged the pump, minimized it a bit, added a barrel, and then went out to range test. I got maybe 40' then the thing started to leak. After failing to fix the leak, I threw the thing in the trash and deleted all the pictures of it.

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

I got maybe 40' then the thing started to leak. After failing to fix the leak, I threw the thing in the trash and deleted all the pictures of it.

I have modified at least two guns where I was just so ashamed I disposed of in different ways.

The Optimus prime Battle blaster was smashed and then thrown in garbage after gutting for parts.
The first show was just thrown onto a roof after range test came up less than decent. In hindsight it was a dumb move as the first shots spring is an excellent replacement for the Crossfire.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#15 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

It ,ust be an air bazooka, I saw this thing called an air rocket blaster or something and I cocked it and shot it, and it knocked this toy in the other isle off the shelf :/ I thought about getting it and sticking a barrel on there, but I think the airflow vent was waaaaay big, about as big around as the gun, I have to check though.

#16 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

Frost is right. It is the Power Bazooka. I have one and now that I see a picture I can verify it.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#17 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:11 AM

Wow Reitiate, 40 feet only?

I remember this thing getting about 40' firing the stock ammo--which were these bomb-looking things. Kind of like a nerf ball combined with a nerf missile.

Mine is in pieces right now--the pump is completely destroyed. I have not found the time or willpower to throw another pump on it yet, so I can't say much for potential. But yes, the airtank is square. I was bothered by that, too.

Although, I do have to admit that it was a very long time since I have fired this gun. Like--over 6 years. My memory could be very wrong.

Edited by frost vectron, 04 February 2008 - 06:14 AM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users