The Perfect Gun...

Please Help Me!

28 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle W

Kyle W

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hey Everyone, I Am In Need Of A New Nerf Gun. What Would Be A Good Gun For Me?
Im Looking For Somthing Right In The Middle, Not A Far Range, Not A Close Range, Just In The Middle. Somthing Small Not One Of Those Big Cannons or Whatever. Any Suggestions Or Comments?

Thanks A Bunch! :)
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

#2 marriedmynitefinder

marriedmynitefinder

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

Nobody can really help you. The gun you should use is the gun that is comfortable for you to use. None of us know that. So you should just try some different guns and see how they feel and perform.
I prefer apple bottoms. Yeah, I said it.
-direct threat

#3 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Well if rate of fire isn't an issue, I'd say a Nitefinder. Modded with a decent spring, it can hit 40-50 ft easy. Outside of that range, people can easily get away. Or... you could go with at firefly. Most people will detour you away from one but if you mod it right, it can hit the same ranges as a NF. NF is super cheap but it has a bad rate of fire. It's really whatever your style is.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#4 Kyle W

Kyle W

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

Well if rate of fire isn't an issue, I'd say a Nitefinder. Modded with a decent spring, it can hit 40-50 ft easy. Outside of that range, people can easily get away. Or... you could go with at firefly. Most people will detour you away from one but if you mod it right, it can hit the same ranges as a NF. NF is super cheap but it has a bad rate of fire. It's really whatever your style is.

Yes, I Have Tried The NF And It Seems To Break Very Quickly With A Good Spring In It, So Ill Try The Firefly.

Thanks. :)

#5 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

w3ll get teh crosszbow!!11

No, but if your looking for a Indoor nerf gun, I'd say the MAv, or NF. If your looking for a gun for the sake of modding,
get a big bad bow, I know they look kind of like a rifle, but they get 70 feet, my nested brass one gets more like 80-90. Which is still kinda in the middle.

Even a stock magstrike or longshot would do you some good.

Edited by xNFx 37, 30 January 2008 - 06:37 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

Please work on improving your post quality. While you usually get new people that don't even know what the SHIFT key is for, over-use or improper of it can be just as bad. You should only capitalizing the word of a sentence as well as proper nouns.
The only proper time to capitalize all of the first letters in a line would be in the title of a work.

I would recommend trying a Big Blast as your first primary. They're really cheap, really easy to modify, light weight, and surprisingly reliable for being air powered. Or if you would prefer to start with a springer then a Big Bad Bow would probably be a good place to start.
The "perfect" blaster is a matter of personal preference, play style, and the venue in which it is being used.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 30 January 2008 - 04:51 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

A Lanard Big Salvo is a good primary. It is not too big, It is about 1 foot and a half long, and about 8 inches high. It gets about 80 feet modded, and is semi auto. (my favorite feature) And each barrel has its own air tank, so you don't lose air pressure, and the shots are equal distance.
EDIT: They are 12.99 on amazon, (that's how I got mine) so they aren't too spendy either.

Edited by Bomberman, 30 January 2008 - 04:49 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

I'd say it depends on where you typically nerf, I like the firefly and the longshot for indoor wars. I have modded my FF, but not my longshot yet because I just don't want to, and I might break it or something. As for outdoors...well I don't nerf outside, so I wouldn't know.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#9 Kyle W

Kyle W

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

Please work on improving your post quality. While you usually get new people that don't even know what the SHIFT key is for, over-use or improper of it can be just as bad. You should only capitalizing the word of a sentence as well as proper nouns.
The only proper time to capitalize all of the first letters in a line would be in the title of a work.

Yeah, Sorry, I Always Do That Outta Habbit, IDK Why. =) :)

#10 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, Sorry, I Always Do That Outta Habbit, IDK Why. =) :P

Then why don't you break that habit. It's really annoying...
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#11 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

Kyle you should not use chat speak.

Back on topic. I would suggest either the FireFly or the BBB. My FF can get around 60' and my BBB can get around 80-90'.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#12 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

Check out your local Kohl's or Kroger, and if they are there I'd recommend picking up an AirTech 2000. They are very good, and can easily accept any type of barrel you may want to apply.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#13 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

I would recommend a blastfire or maybe a secret shot 2. The blastfire gets great ranges and has the semi auto feature. It's also much more reliable than a Hornet. The secret shot shoots farther than a supermaxx 5000 and is the size of a pistol.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

I would recommend a blastfire or maybe a secret shot 2. The blastfire gets great ranges and has the semi auto feature. It's also much more reliable than a Hornet. The secret shot shoots farther than a supermaxx 5000 and is the size of a pistol.

........waaaaaiiiiiiiit..........are you really a shrimp?

#15 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

No I'm a human being! I'm not dark either!

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 31 January 2008 - 04:21 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#16 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

No I'm a human being! I'm not dark either!

racist.

:P
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#17 password

password

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

What position do you nerf in.Front=magstrike.Middle=recon.Back=longshot
vote for pedro[font=Palatino Linotype]

or else

#18 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

Actually, it's more like:

Front - Magstrike
Middle - Tech Target
Back - ERTL Pump-Action Shotgun

The AT2K is also a good "middle" weapon.

#19 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

damnit, it's too long.

Edited by bobafett109, 01 February 2008 - 12:41 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

#20 sniper 82

sniper 82

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

i would sugest the maverick
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#21 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

i would sugest the maverick

More of an indoor or stock weapon. To me, its not worth modding it because it wont get good ranges unless you replace the plunger. Most people buy it cus its just bad ass with a good paintjob.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#22 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

Get a Big Blast, because its fun, and gets 80-90 feet. Its a good long range weapon. Or, you could get one of my personal favorites, the Hornet. Its ridiculously hard to modify, or from at least from what I've heard it is. It's still pretty fun though. Or, since Carbon is now selling them, you can't go wrong with a SNAP-1mk2.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#23 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

Unless the war you hypothetically go to doesn't allow homemades. I would suggest experimenting with different blasters, and seeing what fits you. Do you use sefans? if not you should, and if you still don't you will be more restricted to lower range blasters ex. Hornet, ms, nf, ff, dtb, ect. Another advantage to stefans is that they are cheap. Whew got a bit sidetracked there. There is no "perfect" blaster, they all have goods and bads.

P.C.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#24 donz2323

donz2323

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

Since this is still a topic of discussion (dispite it's age) From my personal experience you also have to consider who you are playing with. When i fist started, like a couple of months ago, I went a bought a big blast because they'er cheap and have crazy range and decent accuracy. I put a brass barrel and it is as accurate as stefans and moded streamlines can be. However one I showed my cousins that it easily goes through cardboard, dents damages drywall and still has an unplugged valve they don't want to go against it, and I understand why. Now I basically have and pretty cool gun sitting beside my bed.
I ended up buying a LS like they had and i haven't looked back since.

#25 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

A good split fire or Secret Shot is good to, because it's stronger than a pistol, but not as strong as, say, an Air Tech 2k. and they have the "double shot"/semi auto feel. Sounds like nice, all around, weapons. i don't own them myself, but i've played with them. Spiderman guns are also great to attach to ANY gun when you mod 'em (you just better be quick with pumping the air).
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users