Photo

Do You Skate?

No, not rollerskate.

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you skate?

Do you skate?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

Just curious if any one else here skateboards besides me.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#2 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

i do.... i feel that skateboard/scooters/rollerblades are good transport nice and small and the matter of being able to wield a nerf gun for a quick drive-by ambush on your friends
Retired Australian Nerfer Due To University
=[

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

I used to, I was really good too. But I lent out my board for a night and it didnt come back. I guess I was expecting that from a grade1 kid thats visiting from British Columbia. I had an LTD Bam board with Rictas, but I dont remember what kind of trucks, but they were translucent pink and green. Aww, I miss that sweet deck of beauty.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

I don't skateboard, I just carry one around because it makes me look cool.

PS: this makes me look cooler

http://www.411vm.com...nd_Knight/2016/

Edited by Richomundo, 30 January 2008 - 03:18 PM.

#5 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

I don't skateboard, I just carry one around because it makes me look cool.

*cough* Poser *cough*

Anyway thanks to everyone for voting.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#6 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

Touche. I carry one around in my car so whenever I feel inclined to skate, I can.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

Used to be able do a kick flip off of a 3' drop.

I went to a skate park a couple times, but street is my home.

I got a scooter did some grinds and almost kept it before selling it then I decided, am I a >10 year old kid...no....okay here you go and thank you for the 30$ and good bye!

I loved the grinds!

I killed the lights though.

And had to replace the springs once...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

I skate everyday with my friends. The only real posers are the ones who skate to get better. I'd rather a kid say he skated than a kid who tries to get sponsored.
I've been skating for a few years. 7-8 years, if you count the ones when I was young and just skated around my street, hanging around with the neighbors.

#9 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

I skate everyday with my friends. The only real posers are the ones who skate to get better.

That's an extremely naive statement. Skateboarding is a sport. You practice to get better. If you're content with riding into grinds and doing stalls on the waxed curb in front of your house, awesome. I'm not. I'd much rather fill up my bag of tricks with something worthwhile that I'm proud of.

I love the way nollie bigspin heelflips look. I spent at least 3 months trying to get them perfectly. Once I understood that I moved to switch frontside heelflips. Then you move to flip+grinds, like heelflip front noseslide, or inward heelflip tailslide, I love that trick, i've never seen it in any videos and its MINE. If that's posing, so be it, but I have alot more tricks in my arsenal and i'll knock you out in a game of skate.

The drive to get better is called hard work and motivation.
Those who do that are the innovators of todays skate scene.
Those who work hard and are motivated are the innovators of everything we do in life, from skating to nerf to biological chemistry. It's all where you apply yourself.

Posers don't exist, what are we, in 1998?

PS: I'm going shooting this weekend in culver city. anyone who wants to come skate is more than welcome to. I'll be riding with some ams from darkstar and DVS :P

#10 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

Yeah i skate im 13 and can already 3 flipand way more crap.

#11 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

Rich, what I mean is, if all you do is skate to get better, it's not really what skatings about. The only innovators I've seen in skateboarding have been the ones who like what they are doing. I'm not saying don't skate to get better, because that really doesn't make sense. I guess I should've cleared it up in my last post.

I just got in from skating, for about 4 hours, and my feet feel like crap. I ollied 3 decks, and I've almost got kickflips. Such an awesome feeling, riding away from a really nice trick.
Ever gone to a spot and not be able to do it, and get really pissed about it? I'm don't throw my board or anything, but I couldn't stop pansy-ing out on a 4-set. I'll get it on monday, probably.

#12 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

Yeah I am working on it.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#13 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

[/quote]
I love the way nollie bigspin heelflips look. I spent at least 3 months trying to get them perfectly. Once I understood that I moved to switch frontside heelflips. Then you move to flip+grinds, like heelflip front noseslide, or inward heelflip tailslide, I love that trick, i've never seen it in any videos and its MINE. If that's posing, so be it, but I have alot more tricks in my arsenal and i'll knock you out in a game of skate.
PS: I'm going shooting this weekend in culver city. anyone who wants to come skate is more than welcome to. I'll be riding with some ams from darkstar and DVS :nugget:
[/quote]

Unfortunately I still think your lying but I will take it all back and shut the hell up if you put some footy of your nollie bigspin heelflips , switch frontside heelflips, inward heelflip tailslides, and your heelflip front noseslides up on youtube and post the link here.

#14 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Lol, you said footy!

I want to buy a longboard, and just cruise... Its on my long list of "To Buy"...

I snowboard though, and its kind of similar.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#15 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

Unfortunately I still think your lying but I will take it all back and shut the hell up if you put some footy of your nollie bigspin heelflips , switch frontside heelflips, inward heelflip tailslides, and your heelflip front noseslides up on youtube and post the link here.

i should be going to the park this weekend.

myspace.com/richomundo
its no video but i'm a photo guy. i'll post vids up if you really wanna see them but i'm not gonna go out of my way to post vids on youtube for a nerf site. might take a few weeks for me to get out and skate.

www.richmondknight.com

theres my myspace and website. browse around.

and keef: longboarding is so fun, just carving and bombing a huge hill is pure ecstasy.

#16 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

Lol, you said footy!

I want to buy a longboard, and just cruise... Its on my long list of "To Buy"...

I snowboard though, and its kind of similar.

trust me, its not. a skate board will be a bitch for a snowboarder trying to turn it. I'm a good snowboarder, not mutch for double blacks, but singles are fine.I am also learning freestyle. Give me a skateboard and i wont make it off the ground.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users