Photo

Easiest Ls Integration System

11 replies to this topic

#1 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

I took my LS and I wondered if modular integration was for me. I never thought it through but did it anyways. It took me all of a minute to think of it, and then, to do it. It really is easy and you get all the parts when you buy a LS.

I took the worthless scope and hacked off its cool little clips. With the clips in hand, I found a spot for it on my gun. ( I bet none of you can guess where that is....) I drilled a little into the old bipod plastic just enough to put the piece of scope in there. Glued it in and BAM. I now have a modular system for all that is N-Strike (well the handguns but that's about all you would want to integrate or else it would be really heavy and cumbersome.

Posted Image
By TAiLsChaser

Posted Image
By TAiLsChaser

The LS is still able to come apart considering the scope could come apart. And for guns that don't seem to clip in, you just bend the clips around its rail.

I'll clean up the clip part a bit.

Posted Image
By TAiLsChaser

Posted Image
By TAiLsChaser

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 30 January 2008 - 12:12 AM.

"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#2 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

Very nice. Simple, clean, great for handguns. I can just imagine LS/Mav
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

Looks really nice. The N-Strike rail sucks though. The way the hornet attaches to the titan would be way more secure.

How did you attach it?
I also like how you didn't cut the LS shell.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

The way the hornet attaches to the titan would be way more secure.

How did you attach it?
I also like how you didn't cut the LS shell.

That's not a bad idea but I'd have to get that whole system in order to replace it but that would be more complicated and the purpose of that was to be simple-stupid. Some one will do it though.

I attached it with glue (Gorilla glue to be exact). So it's not going anywhere.

And I agree. I didn't want to really cut too much of the LS shell because well.... if i screwed up, I'd have a shotty looking gun. Most people just but it all off and I might just to make it easier.

Oh yeah. The little clips have a spring inside so I'd imagine you could put a stronger one in there to make it more secure.

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 29 January 2008 - 08:57 PM.

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#5 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

Yeah..very cool and effective idea there. For a good time now I've been thinking of doing something kind of like this. My idea, however, involved cutting the whole underside down until it was flat and then installing a picatinny rail that would have a trigger switch or button at a designated place that would hook into any weapon I modified to be able to agree with the setup. Still think I'm going to do it, it'll take some careful planning though.

Edited by Blasphemy, 29 January 2008 - 09:17 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#6 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

If you put the maverick on, hold the LS sideways and jostle it around violently, does the joint show any signs of stress?

It looks kinda flimsy to me, no matter what glue is used.

It's cool, though, I want to see what else you can put on there.

*hint DTG hint*
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

I like the idea but I don't know about the war reliability of it.
I can see it slipping off fairly quickly.
Especially if you have to cock a modded nitefinder and you have to pull harder and it falls off all together.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

Nice idea.
You might want to put a few screws through it if you are going to use it roughly though.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#9 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

Well, I did the "Mave-shake" and that showed no signs of stress. The glue is supposed to fully cure in 24 hours but it's about....3 1/2 hours in. So the glue has it pretty good.

As far as using a NF, no. It can be put on there and cocked but there can't be a clip in the LS.
Actually, I take that back. If I cut the ring off and put a rod in the pull to act like a bolt it'll work just fine.

When the Mave is in there, it's pretty much locked in (by the bipod button). I have to use a little hook to get the clips to release the gun.

It's nothing complicated but as long as it works, I won't complain.

Oh yeah... Gorilla Glue is legit.

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 29 January 2008 - 11:58 PM.

#10 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:17 AM

I don't think it's an issue of how well the clips hang onto the gun (gorilla glue), but more of how well the clips hang onto the sidearms themselves.

Some of us thrash our guns around quite a bit during a war, but if it works for you that's cool. I personally don't own enough N-strike stuff or use it often enough to make good use of it, but the versatility is nice.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#11 Uterly

Uterly

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

I did the same thing a month ago but I used the clip from the bottom of the titan. The spring in that is much stronger and it works great. I had to cut off a sliver with a knife but other than that it was simple

#12 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

Looks really nice. The N-Strike rail sucks though. The way the hornet attaches to the titan would be way more secure.

I agree. Well, that or the way they attach to my LS :D

It's a good idea, but yeah it doesn't look to reliable if you were to put... like a firefly on it, or even a Maverick, those rails just weren't designed for carrying much more weight than the scout...

Its smart, and it would be very easy do do if you didn't want to spend money on the latches ($4 for me). Plus, it doesn't require the cutting down of the guns either... Hornets are still better. :P

P.S. Wow, two emoticons in one post... I feel dirty
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users