2nd Annual Mnsbw

Minnesota Spring Break War

177 replies to this topic

#126 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

I might come, I'd need a ride probably. I have mostly stock guns, almost all of my guns have the ARs removed. I'll put up a complete list of my rather extensive arsenal if someone asks for it. Just a few noob questions before I jump ship (I read the topic, so feel free to snap at me if I ask something that's been covered.)

What time is it?
Where is it? (I don't live in St. Paul, so I'm not familiar with it)
What guns are legal?
What are the rules?
Is there a scoring system?

That's all I have for now.
Gimme back my bullets....

#127 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

I haven't been able to get on and talk bout the war and I now may not be able to go.

I went into the ER on sunday because I had lower right quadrant abdominal pain. I was hoping for the best and 6 hours later I walked into surgery for Appendicitis. Yes, before you try ti correct me I WALKED into surgery. I am recovering well and hope to be out and back to a semi normal life by tomorrow. However, I don't know if my body can take it!

I want to go to the war but my hole in my side may permit me from coming and shooting my toys with you guys. Again, given recovery time, I may be fine. But as of now, don't count on my being there. I know it sucks. Trust me, its ten times worse from point of view in the hospital bed. I got my IV off a little bit ago, can walk and everything.

So don't count on my being there but if I can, I'll let you know.

Fry staff...That blows. Sorry to hear that...Don't push it if you are not 100%. We don't want anyone going to the hospital.

I'm under the weather myself. Two weeks ago I strained my LCL (lateral crucial ligament) in my knee pretty bad playing football. I didn't want to post anything about it to worry you guys that I wasn't coming. The first day I hurt it I couldn't walk, literally. I'm walking now and I can run. I worked out yesterday for the first time since the injury and I had no problem running. The doctor said I wouldn't be able to do any extreme physical activity for the next 6 weeks. I told him that's too fucking bad because it isn't happening. So I have plenty of narcotics that reduce the pain a lot. Codeine is a beautiful drug. I've been bowling without any pain (I bowl 3 leagues a week). I'm not quite at 100% yet, so I might not be able to run at full speed, but I'm not crippled. I'll be there no matter what. Just wanted to give a heads up to you guys that I won't be full strength.

My +bow is days away from completion. Should be done by the end of the week. It took a while to complete the first one but I think I have a pretty good idea on how to make a second, maybe a third if time allows it. Sam, yours should be complete before I come up there. If not, I'll let you know before hand, but I'm 85% it should be done.

Shit, the war is less than two weeks away...I still need to make darts and touch up on all of my guns. Lots of work to do. I took off Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday before the war to allow myself enough time to get ready before I go.

Sooo how many people does it look like we will have? Looks like a pretty good turnout. I can't wait to see what creations Carrtoon has made with the lathe.

Here is the stuff I'm bring to sell. Let me know if you want anything by posting in the sales thread or by PMing me.

No Dibs, and none of this you wanting me to PM you bullshit

Don't low ball me.

Hehe, I like how you do business my friend.

Oh, and I'm interested in the SMDTG. They don't have any around here. Just let me know how much I owe you.

#128 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

I might come, I'd need a ride probably. I have mostly stock guns, almost all of my guns have the ARs removed. I'll put up a complete list of my rather extensive arsenal if someone asks for it. Just a few noob questions before I jump ship (I read the topic, so feel free to snap at me if I ask something that's been covered.)

What time is it?
Where is it? (I don't live in St. Paul, so I'm not familiar with it)
What guns are legal?
What are the rules?
Is there a scoring system?

That's all I have for now.

Read the first post. It should answer your questions.

Ryan, At least one, if not both of the SMDTGS will be yours. Hopefully you can get that +bow done for me.

Edited by sam, 04 March 2008 - 01:05 AM.

#129 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:08 AM

Put me down as a maybe. I'd like to at least show up so I can get some advice on a mod I started and might be able to finish and test at this thing. It'd be cool to meet other nerfers too.
Gimme back my bullets....

#130 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

I'd like to politely ask everyone to bring as many guns as possible. It sounds like we'll have a lot of people who need to borrow them. Plus, it's always nice to try out others' guns anyways. Variety is the spice of life.

12 on the official list, assuming all three of my mates make it. And I'd say there's a 50/50 chance Janga does his unannounced show with 3 friends.

Bullet: Read the first post. Yes, Sam already said that, but then you said we could rail a bit. ;o) Your on the potentials list, let me know if that changes.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#131 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

There is a high chance that I will be there but put me down as a maybe, I don't want to say I will be there and not show up.

#132 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Everyone should post for sure if they are coming by the Thursday before, just so we can have an official count, especially with all these new people coming out of the woodworks.

Also I talked to my girlfriend, and she said she would think about it, so put me down as a plus one maybe. Also I might be able to get my brother to come, so I guess you can make that a possible plus 2.

Edited by sam, 04 March 2008 - 10:58 PM.

#133 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

scratch one, now my buddy frank might come, but i doubt he'll go through with it.

I feel like a little girl waiting for hannah montana to take the stage.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#134 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Damn people. We've got a minimum of 12 coming with a maximum some where in the 20s. Biggest MN Nerf war ever?
You guys better show up!

#135 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

I am going for sure now but my foster brother will try to come. I don't expect much of him coming but he might.

#136 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

Messiah and Kanashimi: Check your PMs... soon, at least, for ride info.

I have semi-bad news, and very good news. Overall though it's good news.

First: There's an adapted floor hockey game the day of the war. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but since it's the last game and nobody's EVER gone to any of them, most of my school feels obligated to attend. I will not be attending; however, many of those in my clan are. This means they won't be there for all of the war -- just most of it.

Good news:
Location looks great. They even put up blocks to keep spectators out!
Posted Image
I think actually I'll move those for us to get in. Otherwise that's a nice roundabout just beforehand, but I don't think it's enough space for all of us to park in.

Anyways, for those of you who haven't seen the location yet, here's the playground:
Posted Image

The pagoda and about half the field (from the top of the playground):
Posted Image

IMPORTANT for getting there
A couple people couldn't find the turn last time so I took pictures coming from either side on Montreal Ave.
From the East:
Posted Image
Go under the bridge and turn right BEFORE the light.

From the West:
Posted Image
Take the first left AFTER the light.

Meet under the Pagoda, as usual. You may want to bring all your guns in a box so you don't have to make multiple trips to and from your car.

Oh right, so the good news is the location looks great and there were footprints; but, if it's telling at all, it's saying we shouldn't have a problem with interference from the public. Nobody showed up while I was taking pictures. At the least we'll get moved from the playground to the field a few times.

Can't wait to see you all there!

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 08 March 2008 - 02:11 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#137 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

Ah Home!
How deep was the snow?

#138 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

An inch or two. Nothing worth noting to anyone who lives north of Tennessee.

Another reminder: DRESS APPROPRIATELY.
We'll have loaner guns but no loaner clothes, nor loaner patience for whiners.

EDIT: Food:
I passed by a McDonald's, Famous Daves, Mickey's, and Champ's. Looks like the Taco Bell got taken out.
To the west there's been an Arby's and a Dairy Queen at past wars but I didn't go that way, so no guarantees.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 08 March 2008 - 02:27 PM.

V

#139 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

Also, we don't loaner darts/stefans, unless you've talked to someone beforehand.

Note: If you borrow someones blaster, treat it kindly, and listen to them on how to use it. I'm sure everyone remembers me getting pissed at Elf_Avec_Gun that one time where he did that one thing.

More Food: Little Caesar's, Chipotle, Jimmy John's, Bruger's Bagles, Noodles & Co., Leeann Chin's. Also there is an Arby's and DQ, I can confirm.

Edited by sam, 08 March 2008 - 02:32 PM.

#140 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hm... That place looks nice. How big is it?

Ugh, not enough time for me to finish my homemade, so I'm basically going to make a homemade Bow and Arrow. I always wanted one of those... I have 40 finished stefans, and around 170 blanks ready, so I should have about 200 stefans done by the war.

#141 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

G'darn I need to stop posting in this thread and go finish my homemade.

There is one last detail I can think of, it's kind of extra:
I have speakers, and there are plugs under the pagoda. If someone wants to bring their mp3 player we could have some background music.
Maybe?
V

#142 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

G'darn I need to stop posting in this thread and go finish my homemade.

There is one last detail I can think of, it's kind of extra:
I have speakers, and there are plugs under the pagoda. If someone wants to bring their mp3 player we could have some background music.
Maybe?

Hell yes...

I'm interested in what kind of music you guys like though..

The site looks perfect. It's going to be on the warm side for the next week so hopefully the snow will melt before then. Right now the forecasted high is 36 degrees...With no rain/snow. I'll take that any day.

#143 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

I'll bring my 80 gigs on Music, possibly even my Laptop with my nice speakers.

Hopefully we won't run into problems with dart fit since it will be coldish.

#144 Goose Island

Goose Island

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Flaming Hilt, yah I'm might be able to come to the Nerf war. So you can put me down as a maybe. I hope to see you on Saturday.

Edited by Goose Island, 10 March 2008 - 09:37 PM.

Don't question my posts!

#145 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:40 PM

Just an update from me. I think I will be there. I have a few guns ready to go, as well as a few that I can have ready soon. My sister still doesn't have anything planned for saturday. I will be able to make some more darts I think and sam is selling me some. I have some back up rides. Zudikas will very likely come if I do. I think we will be the youngest people at the war!

#146 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

My brother called me just now and said he will be coming.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 13 March 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#147 Goose Island

Goose Island

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

Do you think it would be ok if i bring a nerf gernade?
Don't question my posts!

#148 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Do you think it would be ok if i bring a nerf gernade?

say yes, it's a 'war' isn't it?
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#149 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Yeah I am bringing a Barricade Buster Grenade. I mostly just want to see how well it does, I don't really expect it to do much.

#150 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

I'm cool with barricade buster style stuff, other stuff, bring it and we will have to okay it.

Wow, how is this thread at 10 pages? We are retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users