Uncocked
Posted Image

Cocked
Posted Image

The Trigger
Posted Image

Specs

Description............Multi Shot Primary
Designation..........................MORG!
Release Date.....................Jan 2008
Caliber..............0.54" (Micro Stefans)
Operation...............Pull-Push Foregrip
Propulsion...................Spring Plunger
Magazine............Detachable Top Feed
Mag Capacity................................5
Overall Length.......................25.5 in
Barrel Length...........................14 in
Max Rate of Fire.........................N/A
Max Range................................N/A
Effective Range..........................N/A
Accurate Range..........................N/A
Intended Use........................Primary

The Story:

Having worked with most avaliable guns and unable to get ahold of any older ones, I decided I would challenge myself to make an awesome homemade. After looking at many designs including Ompa's, Carbon's, and Boltsniper's, I decided that I didn't want to use shells or Boltsniper's trigger. So, I began a SNAP. My next goal was to improve on it. I looked at many breeches, and finally decided to use one similar to the Longshot's, having the moving peice cock the gun while the barrel stays put. Wanting to get the best air use efficency, I decided to make a breech very similar to the NTS, but with PETG. My original design had 1/2" PVC with 19/32 brass inside sliding over PETG, but the tight fit between the PVC and brass made it too hard to use. I decided to ditch the PVC and secure the barrel a different way. I then gooped+epoxied a 1/2" PVC tee on the 19/32 brass and used that to cock the gun. inside the gun, it is just a SNAP, but in the front reducer, I hammered in a 3/4" PVC coupler. there is a small peice of 3/4" PVC attached to the back of the 19/32" brass that pushes the plunger back and then comes forward to seal in the 3/4" coupler. This left me with only a few problems.
1. I still needed a clip
2. The plunger came out the back
3. The barrel moved with the brass.
So I cut a hole in the barrel and in the PVC connecting the brass to the tee and stuck on a deoderant clip, complete with a
weighted feeder. Next, I put a peice of 1" PVC inside to support the spring and cut the plunger rod down. Lastly, I used 2 threaded metal rods and some angle brackets to connect the barrel (PETG) to the body of the gun to keep it from moving.

Problems:

1. My latest roll of foam is very tight, and the darts don't load right. With my soft darts, it worked fairly well, but I want to make it work with these.
2. Clip sometines falls off
3. Only 5 shots

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 26 January 2008 - 06:31 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

Thats some ghetto thuggin' right thur.
I like it though. With some refinement it should be solid. Some advice:
You could probably more the trigger back a bit, thus creating a bigger plunger. I can't really tell where the darts load but it looks like they could be loaded further back, closer to the plunger. Hot glue is strong, but it will eventually break, so epoxy/goop that shit. Its basically a different version of the SNAP 5, so look through that thread to see if any of Carbon's tweaks apply to your design.

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. The only place I used just hot glue was the trigger-bic pen connection. All the other spots were gooped also. I could also move the trigger back farther, but the goal was to create a good ROF gun with decent range and it is hard to cock as it is. The barrel cannot be moved back, though. It works very well as is. As for ranges, it probabally gets around NF ranges. Okay for outdoors, but still useable inside.
SNAP Shotgun

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

I'd have to agree with everything Sam said; it's a nice gun but you were a little over the top with the glue. I wouldn't recommend epoxy but screws where ever possible (it don't cut into your pressure chamber), and I usually use super glue because as long as you have surface area for the contact you're fine. Epoxy if you wish, though. ;o)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

If you mean the glue on the handle, i just did that to shape the joint.
Also, Sam, the dart is loaded where the clip is in the cocked picture.

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 26 January 2008 - 09:41 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

#6 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

Soo, its a semi-auto BBB with a magazine.....nice. From the looks of me it looks flimsy and would not survive a war. Am I wrong?
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#7 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

It's not semi-auto, but I can assure you it's not flimsy. The barrel is secured with the metal rods, and everything is thoroughly glued. I would describe it as more like a LS with a foregrip myself. I can also attach a stock to the back, but I prefer it like this.
I'm sorry I sound so defensive in my replies, but I have spent a lot of time on this and I think it kicks ass. I plan to post a write-up fairly soon, so you will have more details on it's construction. One thing I take pride in is that anyone can make one. All the materials, except for PETG, are easy to find and fairly cheap, and the hardest part is making the plunger head. I think in total, this would cost about $14. As I said, though writeup coming soon.

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 26 January 2008 - 10:33 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

I see what you mean...we really were using much the same concept! I like your idea of having PVC at the base of the barrel seat into the coupler for a better airtight seal. Is it more difficult to cock the gun if it seats too tightly?

That must be an insanely heavy spring you're using, if the trigger is that far forward, and it's still difficult to cock. And does it jam much? That was my main problem using that style of clip... Curious to see how big it is, because I've never been able to go without a guiderod (or just use a small section of sheathing) to keep the spring from buckling. Interested in seeing your plunger head, as well.

Also wondering..."NF ranges" = about 40 feet? I'd guess that's mostly because of the dead space. I went inline to make the best of a bad situation, but it's hard to get around that problem with this style of cocking.

Overall, nice work!

Edited by Carbon, 27 January 2008 - 08:47 AM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

I am using 2 25lb 9713 springs in this gun. They fit over my 1/2" CPVC plunger rod, but in my 1" PVC spring housing quite nicely. The housing does not go far enough forward to hinder the plunger's movements. I will crack this baby open when I do a writeup.

I am having a lot of problems with jamming because of my tight darts. It seems when they are not pushed into the barrel and stay in the part of the barrel with the opening, the air just goes over them, if that makes any sense at all. I will make a new batch soon and we will see what happens.

The clip works great, though. The only jams caused by it happen when a dart was halfway fired and it loaded another. But that's not it's fault. I used a feeder from the deodorant and a battery to weight it. Since it was a gel deodorant like the one FA24 used on his ABBB, I was able to use the feeder that was already there. It has long sides so that it can't flip over.

As for ranges, I am shooting at least 50' flat.

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 27 January 2008 - 01:08 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

#10 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

Is that a blue ink papermate pen? I have a million of those. If you take them apart, cut a little off the back, wrap the end in e-tape untill it fits good inside the barrel of a nerf gun, load in a bb, and shoot, you have a decent, cheap, versatile airsoft/nerf gun.
EDIT: Is that a 9 volt battery to push the darts down?

Edited by sn1per, 27 January 2008 - 01:19 PM.

QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#11 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

The pen is a paper-mate and the battery is a 9 volt. The battery doesn't actually push the darts so to speak. I used it instead of a spring to push the feeder. You can think of it like the torsion springs in the LS clip.
SNAP Shotgun

#12 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

It's not semi-auto, but I can assure you it's not flimsy. The barrel is secured with the metal rods, and everything is thoroughly glued. I would describe it as more like a LS with a foregrip myself. I can also attach a stock to the back, but I prefer it like this.
I'm sorry I sound so defensive in my replies, but I have spent a lot of time on this and I think it kicks ass. I plan to post a write-up fairly soon, so you will have more details on it's construction. One thing I take pride in is that anyone can make one. All the materials, except for PETG, are easy to find and fairly cheap, and the hardest part is making the plunger head. I think in total, this would cost about $14. As I said, though writeup coming soon.

I see,
Well when are you going to get in some ranges?
Video?
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#13 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

Cracked it open and took some pics today.

Uncocked

Posted Image

Cocked

Posted Image

Size comparison

Posted Image

Breech partway open

Posted Image
SNAP Shotgun

#14 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Sorry for the double post. I added a piece of 1/2" brass inside the moving part of the breech to push the dart into the barrel. It works great now and only jams when you use a really tight dart. I highly suggest you make one. I don't know if I'll get to a writeup, but it is fairly easy to figure out and only costs $20. It can also hold 7 fireable darts.
SNAP Shotgun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users