2 Modding/ Repair Questions

6 replies to this topic

#1 KyleDarklighter

KyleDarklighter

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

Hey Folks
I've had a SM5K (early version) for a good number of years and recently the valvue release inside the tank disconnected. I'd rather not have to crack it open and repair it if I can help it. What other types of air tanks are usable for this gun?
I did purchase a SM3K (yellow tank) dirt cheap. I could use that one but I think I'd rather mod that one out to fire standard darts and maybe add a shoulder stock.
Now for the crazy idea. I've never really liked how the SM3K was designed. I don't like the pump handle coming all the way back to the trigger guard. It makes it handle very awkwardlly. Alternatively I love the way my Firefly feels and easy it is to manuver & operate. The innards suck and the accuracy is horid past 15 feet. I have a crazy idea to mount the fire system from the SM3K into the firefly. The major problem being the barrell rotation mechanisms are vastly different. I'd hate to have to pump it then pull the top slide lever to advance it. Has anyone looked into this idea or have any usefully ideas about it. Other than it's a waste of time.

Garrett

#2 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

The Firefly rotates on the trigger pull, so that's not going to be a problem. All in all, it'd probably be an interesting integration. However, with pump guns the biggest range increase comes with longer barrels to effectively use all the air pressure. That might be an issue due to the orange thing on the front of the barrels.

As to the SM5k problem, I have no idea, I've never used one. Good luck with it though.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I had the same problem, and you have to cut it open, superglue the rubber cylinder together, and seal it with some PVC. It's a bitch.

I could help you if you wanted to fix it, but if not I'd love to take it off your hands.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#4 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

Pictures would help to see exactly where it came apart. It is sometimes possible to do some crafty gluing through the barrel opening.

#5 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

Don't badmouth the firefly. It's probably one of my best weapons. It shoots straighter than a longshot and just as or farther than a heavy springed NF (well... at least mine does). It can only get better and better. As far as being on topic, I have no idea so yeah. But at least you have an idea that you firefly is still a good gun before you destroy it. And yes, it feels amazing to hold.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#6 KyleDarklighter

KyleDarklighter

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

Pictures would help to see exactly where it came apart. It is sometimes possible to do some crafty gluing through the barrel opening.

Seeing as though it's on the inside of the sealed tank that is somewhat impossible.

Also I would not sell this gun even if I never planned to use it again. It doubles as a prop gun for a costume I have anyways.

Garrett

#7 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:14 AM

For your firefly I would just try to copy what Rusty did with his, but without the whole semi auto setup he tried to do.

Firefly Smrf2k
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users