American Gladiator Nerf Turret

Yeah

12 replies to this topic

#1 Cats

Cats

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I was watching American Gladiator because I had nothing better to do, and In one of the challenges the goal was to evade fire from a nerf turret. I was wondering if anyone else noticed.

http://www.nbc.com/A...a/assault.shtml

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

Nothing new about that. There was one in the original show.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

Yea definitely noticed. Except it shoots tennis balls. Also, when they get to a certain spot they have to grab a titan missle out of a sand box and I haven't seen anybody make it past that so maybe they have to shoot it out of a titan? We will see tonite.

PS. American Gladiators, best show of my life.

Edit: Slug, yea there was one in the original except this one is all coloured like a nerf gun and says nerf on it.

Edited by WratH, 21 January 2008 - 05:51 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

I think Axelion burnout posted this already in the nerf in popular culture thread.

Edited by nerfalchemist, 21 January 2008 - 05:59 PM.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#5 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

Yeah, I added that to the Nerf In Popular Culture thread (page 3).

Edit: Gah, beat me to it! Oh, hey 100th post.

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 21 January 2008 - 06:01 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#6 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

I wish we could bring a cannon onto their show...

The "missile" is a titan missile.

Yeah, a snap ball gun could work but a spud gun would be beastly!
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#7 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

Heh, I had a weird thought while watching that video...what if the big ball launcher is actually the Vulcan, and Hasbro releases it to the public?

I mean, it's not...and they're not going to...but it would be pretty freaking awesome (if not practical in a war), am I right?

Edited by jwasko, 22 January 2008 - 12:22 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#8 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:45 AM

That would be ridiculous, but sadly I can only see them making a smaller more kid friendly version of it that shoots ballistic balls. It would end up looking like a Ballzooka with a barrel in front of the turret with a tripod like stand for the whole thing.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#9 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:20 AM

One of the events from the old show involved jumping down into a huge ditch on a bungee cord, bouncing up, and shooting through a sideways basketball hoop with a BNA. They had to make as many as they could in a time limit or something (pulling preloaded ones off a rack behind them). Always remember that one.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#10 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

Most of it is cosmetic. All it is, is a gravity fed magazine, a manually opperated breech and an air compressor. The BS8 and ABP by far more complicated.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#11 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

I paused it on my TV and right under the barrel is a bright orange and red Longshot stock.

#12 OberonFox

OberonFox

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I paused it on my TV and right under the barrel is a bright orange and red Longshot stock.

I noticed that as well. Looks like they took a couple of LS parts and spread it all over the cannon.
"I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea."

#13 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

It's very common for TV and movie prop makers to use commonly available parts for what they need. Case in point, the PKE meter from Ghostbusters was a shoe buffer or something like that, just wired up (extra nerd points for knowing they used a PKE meter in John Carpenter's "They Live" as a communicator). There are countless examples in the Nerf in popular culture thread.

I've seen the stuff on Gladiators too.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users