Photo

Luckiest Day Of My Life

18 replies to this topic

#1 marriedmynitefinder

marriedmynitefinder

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

So, my mom needed to go to Wal-Mart (Indianapolis), and I decided to go to look at nerf guns. I already knew that there would probably not be much, since it was Wal-Mart afterall. But when i finally got back to the guns, there were five or six RFR's just staring at me for only fifteen bucks. Luckily i still had my giftcard from X-mas. So i just thought that the NIC would like to know that the WalMart in Indy has RFR's at the moment.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be sure to do that.

And I just found out that my dad found an EAB at the thrift store for 89 cents. I'm not sure if it worksk yet because i have no megas. And i also know that EAB's have a reputation for sucking. But. It's my first older gun (I started nerfing around N-strike) so I am happy.

Edited by marriedmynitefinder, 21 January 2008 - 07:15 PM.

I prefer apple bottoms. Yeah, I said it.
-direct threat

#2 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

Not very many people like rfr's. But good job anyways.

#3 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

It may just be the fact that I live in Canada, but every Walmart I've been to that has Nerf related stuff has RFRs. But congrats on the find. Make sure to reinforce the catch. It likes to break...A lot.

Edited by penguin807, 21 January 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#4 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Make sure to reinforce the catch. It likes to break...A lot.

I second that. It's almost certian it'll break if you put a bigger spring in it... Good find. I have a couple of the twin packs from FireBox myself.

penguin, I'm loving your sig, it made me laugh quite alot. May I ask where it's from/did you think of it yourself?

Haiku's are easy,
But sometimes they don't make sense,
Refrigerator

#5 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

penguin, I'm loving your sig, it made me laugh quite alot. May I ask where it's from/did you think of it yourself?

Thank you. I wish I came up with it. If I did, I'm pretty sure I'd be in the top 20 under 20. A fellow named Rolf Nelson came up with it (I thought his name was Rofl Nelson when I first read it). You can even buy a T-shirt

A little more on topic, reinforce the catch even if you aren't adding a spring, especially if it's that hard to come by near you. Mine broke in a week or two with minimal use and no internal mods.

Edited by penguin807, 21 January 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#6 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

In the past month or two I have had some incredible Nerf deals. Probably my best finds were a LnL or $1 and a SS2 for $2, both of which work very well. This week I am swapping a bunch of shitty guns and like $15 for a Unity power system and a RF20 all of which my friend says works fine. Great find on the rapid fire rifles though.

#7 NerfGnome

NerfGnome

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

I can find RFR's for the same price at a Kmart just 20 minutes from my house. (In new hampshire)
Also, RFR's kinda suck.
"Women are like Parking spots. The good ones are taken, and the only open ones are handicapped."

#8 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

So the luckiest day of your life was the day you found some RFR's for about standard price in a Wal Mart? Congrats, I suppose, but it sounds like you haven't had many lucky days...

The 89 cent EAB is pretty cool though. It always struck me as an aesthetically neat blaster even if it wasn't too functional. Nice job on that one.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#9 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

My favorite nerf purchase day was when I bought a Titan, hornet, and reactor for $2.50 at goodwill.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#10 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

An EAB for $0.89 is a pretty good deal, especially when it can be modified to shoot 70-90 ft. Best Deal I've ever gotten was picking up a Maxshot for $9.99.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#11 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

Here in Michigan you can get an RFR at ALL k-marts, most wal-marts, and some khol's.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#12 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

Are maxshots available anywhere anymore?
I really want one but don't want to pay much for it.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#13 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Are maxshots available anywhere anymore?
I really want one but don't want to pay much for it.

I used to find them everywhere, but last time I went to Walmart there was only 2 left. Needless to say I snatched one and it's going to stay NIB for quite a little while... They're no longer in production, so if you see one, grab it. Some people pay a good sum of money for those beauties.

Edited by penguin807, 23 January 2008 - 03:15 PM.

#14 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

Best Deal I've ever gotten was picking up a Maxshot for $9.99.

I can top that with a Big Salvo for $15.00 an three Max Shots for $10.00. This was at Ocean State Job Lot. I may go back to make a cool spring powered rocket launcher.

Edited by Foam_Shooter, 23 January 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#15 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

Cost Cutters has Maxshots and Firstshots, and that crappy Lanard ball blaster.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#16 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:45 PM

I've been finding Magstrikes for $15 dollars at Walmart. Too bad Magstrikes are so fucking unreliable.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#17 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

Best Deal I've ever gotten was picking up a Maxshot for $9.99.

I can top that with a Big Shot for $15.00 an three Max Shots for $10.00. This was at Ocean State Job Lot. I may go back to make a cool spring powered rocket launcher.

Yeah , I found my Max Shot at Ocean State Job Lot too. Needless to say I'm now keeping my eye on that place. Also what's a Big Shot? I've never heard of it.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#18 marriedmynitefinder

marriedmynitefinder

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

Well,
here in Indy you hardly ever see any RFR's anywhere. That's the first time i have ever seen one in a store. And i have also seen them go on ebay for 30+. So, I thought i was pretty lucky. It was probably an exadgeration (<excuse the spelling) when I said it was the "Luckiest Day of My Life," but, that is a different story.
I prefer apple bottoms. Yeah, I said it.
-direct threat

#19 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

My bad. I think I'm tough and type faster than I think. I edited it and it was a Big Salvo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users