My Take On The Lancer

yes, another one

8 replies to this topic

#1 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

So I actually created my lancer back in october for a halloween project. My floormates and I are big into gears, and I thought they would get a kick out of it. I made the gun in two days, and only with materials I had at hand (minus they toy chainsaw, I bought at walmart). My lancer is far less refined than Forsaken angel's, but I made it to look cool and still use in nerf wars. It looked better when I first made it, but I think it has held up well after seeing some action. Anyways, pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I regret not posting it sooner. Seeing what forsaken angel did, I felt compelled to post my ghetto-er version. The chainsaw is velcroed on so that I can remove it during games. I think it is a good balance of replication and functionality. Comment away.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#2 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

That toy chainsaw was a nice touch. Does it make sounds? *take it into a kindergarten* :rolleyes:
Nice quality pics I might add.

#3 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

The blood on the saw makes it even better.
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#4 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

I cant say I wouldnt want to have this type of Lancer replica, but it seems a little...unique. No afence though, I like how you put the little blood splatter on the chainsaw. Im thinking of making something like this but a Bubble-gum-rainbow version with a foam sword and pink and light blue paintjob. Did you use this trick-or-treating(no one is too old for it)?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#5 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

It's a great design. Angel beat you to posting it, but the blood splatter and the sights make it a great build
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#6 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1111
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#7 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1111

PONITLESS!!1!1!
I think it looks good, I need to check Angels and see what he did (I'm sure it looks freakin' amazing).
If you wanna make the grip look a bit better than use a continuous piece of foam insulation tubing. Its gray or black and come in 4-5 foot sections. But it looks good.

Edited by nerfsharpie6, 21 January 2008 - 08:27 PM.

We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

My favorite part is the diagonal cut you made at the front of the gun. I was debating on doing this but I really did not want to sacrifice the screw port.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#9 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the comments.

Forsaken, I was debating that too, but so far I don't see any weakness. The body doesn't flex or separate there, so I think it would be safe to cut.

I regret not taking pics the moment I finished. The appearances have definitely degraded. I might just take the decorative stuff off and have a black lancer.

I forgot to mention also, it's modded with the spring from a pump shot gun.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users