Photo

The Avenger (a Nitemanta With Added Awesomeness

49 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

Ok guys I am here today to show you my Nerf Nite manta named The Avenger. and here it is:

Posted Image

Now I'm not here to show you how to make a nitemanta but really here to show you what I used to for the front attachment. heres the tools you will need.

-Hacksaw or whatever you use to cut your pipes with.
-Cpvc pipes
-1/2in cpvc tee coupler
- two 1/2in cpvc elbow coupler

heres a picture to show you where the cpvc goes

Posted Image

The 1/2 in cpvc that comes out of the gun itself is hot glued to the plunger tube, so there is no coupler inside the gun.

What this mod/addition does is, it uses both nightfinder to shoot through one barrel. meaning more power and more range.

Range test have not been done yet but when they are I will edit and post them.

Hope you enjoy and any questions feel free to post of PM me about it.
~When life hands you lemons. Mod the fuck out of it so it can get 100' flat. also do a apple intergratation to it. it looks nice and adds accuracy~ Jaymel1989

#2 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

With that setup you probably aren't going to get much more range because of all the added dead space.

#3 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Ranges? Looks pretty awesome. What internal mods have you done to the NFs?

Props
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

So you have to pull both triggers at exactly the same time?

#5 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

One nitefinder has another nitefinder spring. both have air restrictors removed. Not much done. And about the dead space it is true that there is more but it does shoot farther than my nitefinder just by itself.
~When life hands you lemons. Mod the fuck out of it so it can get 100' flat. also do a apple intergratation to it. it looks nice and adds accuracy~ Jaymel1989

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

Original? Yup! Its nice to see something new, no matter the range. Good job.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

That's awesome. Great painting. Accuracy?

Off topic- Why does everyone cut their Nitefinders in half, and glue theme together? I've never seen anyone try the cut the guns so they fit well together and use 1 grip, except for me.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#8 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

Very nice PJ and mod but to cut down on dead space, you should have the T-connector almost directly on the NF's but not have them like touching or glued to it.

~nrg
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#9 pokemaster

pokemaster

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

i see how you can use bolth guns to add extra power but you should have added a coupler so you can use bolth guns seperate
92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature

olg guns or new nerf is the beat buzzbee sucks if you agree copy and paste this to your sig

#10 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Well I can take out the assembly from where the elbow couplers are and use both guns but I think i'm going to do or try to do what Nerfnrg said and add couplers inside of the gun like you said Pokemaster

#11 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

i see how you can use bolth guns to add extra power but you should have added a coupler so you can use bolth guns seperate

You must be from Utah or Oklahoma, becuase you just said Bolth.

It's a pretty... Well, it's a strange gun, but an awesome concept. Problem I foresee is timing, because if one doesn't fire at the right time, you're forcing air into that gun, as well as the central barrel, plus all of the dead space.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#12 pokemaster

pokemaster

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

im a floridian
i live in flordia

olg guns or new nerf is the beat buzzbee sucks if you agree copy and paste this to your sig

#13 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

You must be from Utah or Oklahoma, becuase you just said Bolth.

It's a pretty... Well, it's a strange gun, but an awesome concept. Problem I foresee is timing, because if one doesn't fire at the right time, you're forcing air into that gun, as well as the central barrel, plus all of the dead space.

Time is an issue, Both guns triggered at the same time, the dart flies far but if one trigger is pulled first then the other you'll get:

A-Darts flops out of the barrel and everyone laughs and barages you with darts,

OR

B- Not enough air and too much deadspace causes the dart to stay in the barrel and wastes time and people are still laughing and baraging you with darts.

also to Echnalaid its fairly accurate. With me i got a 3/5 hit ratio with hitting a pepsi bottle from roughly.....15-20 ft I would say

#14 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

You could connect the two triggers with polycarbonate or plexiglass and that would let you be able to pull both triggers with one pull. The problem is that if you wanted it to be able to have 2 shots, you would have to fire them at the same time.

~nrg
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#15 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

You could connect the two triggers with polycarbonate or plexiglass and that would let you be able to pull both triggers with one pull. The problem is that if you wanted it to be able to have 2 shots, you would have to fire them at the same time.

~nrg

To solve such an issue, you could simply leave the polycarbonate unattached to the triggers, but sitting in front of them, triggered from the space between the two guns. Have the polycarbonate only cover half way up/down each trigger. That way, if you pull the half of the trigger without the polycarb, you can fire single barrels at a time, though if you pull the polycarb in the middle, both will fire simultaniously, giving you the power you need.

Also, something similar to what nerfnrg mentioned, you could, if your purpose was to keep this for solely the purpose of a single shot, have 90's come directly from the end of the plunger tube, turn down, and have the t within the original laser housings. That would cut down greatly on deadspace. If you did that and the trigger idea, you'd have yourself a different style NF rifle.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#16 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

im a floridian
i live in flordia

Sweet, another one! I was begining to think I was the only one.--Rogue
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#17 gameplayer20859

gameplayer20859

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Very original, props! I love the pj and it looks great.
two of my cousins managed to superglue their foreheads togeather... don't ask

You could stick one anywhere.

assassinNF

Take on my brute.

#18 Splaser18

Splaser18

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

With a little minimizing, I can see some great, albeit bulky, integration material there. Also, love the color scheme.
- ZeekyBookyDoog, in IRC

#19 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:08 AM

Well it certainly looks nice, but if you'd done them side by side instead of manta style you'd have gotten a lot less dead space. Though it probably wouldn't have looked quite as good. Also is that barrel long enough to really take advantage of the extra air displacement? But again it does at least look cool if nothing else.

#20 BaronButterball

BaronButterball

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:44 AM

So you glued two nitefinders together to make that?

#21 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:53 AM

I think we can expect greatness from this one folks. :unsure:
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#22 BaronButterball

BaronButterball

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:05 AM

Well excuse me for not knowing exactly what every nerf mod is.

#23 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

Well excuse me for not knowing exactly what every nerf mod is.

I don't think anyone here expects you to know everything.What most here expect is that you read the ENTIRE post and study all the pictures before asking an obvious question like that. Try to think just a little more and you will be fine, if you don't then do no not expect the rest of us to like it.---Rogue

#24 pokemaster

pokemaster

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:14 AM

rouge i was born in tampa and might scedule a war but not till summer

#25 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

Maybe I missed something, but it seems to me that you've decreased aimability (it's a word now, bitches), increased priming time, and reduced the shots fired per trigger pull for a marginal increase in range that likely will still leave it short of more comfortabe primaries. Just not sure I see the utility.

Oh, and as an aside: Pokemaster, shut up. Read the Code of Conduct, and follow it. The next post I read of yours will either be in complete compliance, or it will be your last. It's pretty fucking simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users