What a nifty sidearm!

10 replies to this topic

#1 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

At the UMD war, I bought a Lock 'N Load from Badger.
Just telling you now, I had already modded it before I realized that there wasn't a write-up like this. Therefore, there aren't as many pictures as I'd like.
I'm sure this has probably been done before.

Also, I'm sorry some of my pictures are huge. Even when I resize them in photobucket, my pictures show up huge here. Edit: The large pictures have been fixed

Materials needed:
Lock 'N Load
Screwdriver
3-4" of ½" cpvc piping
½" cpvc coupler
Hot glue, Epoxy, Etc.
Duct/Electrical tape
Dremel/Hacksaw
Pen spring
Key ring

Here is a picture of a stock Lock 'N Load. Thanks to Orange for letting me use it.
Posted Image

Start taking it apart. There are 3 screws on the slider, 7 screws on the left shell half, and 1 on the right half.

Thanks to NerfMonkey for letting me use his picture of the trigger-catch setup. If stuff flies out, this is how it goes back in.
Posted Image

Take out the plunger tube. This is the part of the mod where we need to cut. On the plunger tube, there are two rings that go over the screw shafts, holding it in place. Cut a centimeter in front of the rear one.

From here, you can get to the air restrictor. I just knocked mine out with a screwdriver. Easy to do, because the AR is connected thinly at only three points, and one of them actually broke as I was sawing.

Now, take your cpvc coupler. Go ahead and stick your 3 or 4 inch barrel in one side. Glue the other side to the end of the plunger tube. Quickly put the plunger tube in the blaster's case and close it. This way, by looking down the seam, you can make sure the coupler dries straight.

One you are satisfied, and the glue is dry, whip out your tape. I used 2 strips. 1 was horizontally put from one side of the screw brace to the other. The second, shorter piece was put vertically (pointed toward the barrel) making sure that the first piece won't come off. Mine just happens to be green.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, my trigger wouldn't come back all the way after I pulled it, so I replaced the flimsy little spring with my pen spring. This isn't necessary, but it was pissing me off.

That's really all we do. The original plunger head is more air efficient than those currently on the market. We could put in a new spring, but I'm not sure how much this blaster can take; and I don't think I'll be able to find another.

Close up the blaster, making sure everything is in the correct place. The catch should go in with the slanted side facing forward. Remember, the only screw on the right shell half, and the one opposite on the left half, will no longer go in. Once your blaster is closed up, glue a key ring into the notch in the plunger shaft.

The final thing I did was to add cpvc rings to the grooves that megas would fit into in the ammo holders. It fit perfectly. When I eventually make a holster, they'll have to come off, but until then they're a charm.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Voila! We now have a Lock 'N Load with a replaceable barrel!

RANGES-
I am 5'6", all shots are taken from shoulder level, and I have a big head, so about 4'5". Dart skip was about 5 feet. I had a friend tell me as close as possible where it originally hit the ground.
Shot 1: 49ft, 6in
Shot 2:47ft, 9in
Shot 3: 51ft, 2in
Shot 4: 47ft, 10in
Shot 5: 45ft, 5in

Pretty good, for not even using a single band.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This has been an Aslan Arms production.

As a final note, if any of my pictures ever break, send me a pm.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

EDIT: I managed to fix the pictures.

Edited by lionhead333, 10 February 2008 - 04:18 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#2 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Very clean. Nice mod.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#3 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

I bought one off someone at DCNO last year and love it. I have a 'silencer' barrel. The barrel screws on. I fixed the long screw time (not to take that wrong, please) by cutting some of the threads off. Its mainly for looks but it works good. I can just stuff a dart down the male adapter barrel if I need to also. Can't wait to test it out at a war.

Edit: Sorry about the nifty thing...I know a elementary teacher I need to pwnt for lying to me. I swear she said it was spelled knifty. I've been going through life saying "That's KA-nifty"....I swear...

Edited by LastManAlive, 21 January 2008 - 09:23 PM.

He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#4 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

Uhh, no, I'm pretty sure it's nifty.
After just checking, there is no knifty in the dictionary.

I'm glad you like the blaster, though.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#5 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Sorry for double posting, but I'd rather revive this than a two year old thread.

Those who use NerfMonkey's holster method, vinyl works wonderfully. It'll stretch a bit to allow for a Lock 'N Load to enter.
As for the clip, I stitched it on and then glued it in place. It isn't coming off for a while.

Posted Image

Posted Image
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#6 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

It looks like the handle is a little close to the vinyl.
Can you draw it easily?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#7 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:33 PM

It does seem close, but it really isn't. It must be a trick of the camera.

The blaster is easier to draw than holster, obviously, but not by much. After a 90 degree twist of the Lock 'N Load by the mouth of the holster, it just slides in.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

Good job, I did pretty much the same mod a while ago except I shoved a piece of CPVC down the stock barrel and put a coupler on the end. The LnL is a great gun, and I got mine in great condition for $1.

#9 teamturbo95

teamturbo95

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

Very clean mod. Getting my hands on a lock'n'load was extremly hard.

#10 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

Please ignore.

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 14 April 2009 - 09:44 PM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#11 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:35 AM

This thread is over a year old. Please check dates before posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users