East Coast Nerf Outing

174 replies to this topic

#126 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:42 PM

The high for Saturday is going to be 41F with a 64% chance of light snow. So dress accordingly and wear your shortest shorts and your stringiest tank top with your favorite pair of flip-flops.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 March 2008 - 01:53 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#127 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:01 PM

Doesn't look like I'll be making this one.
Tyranny Response Team

#128 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

I'm there fo sho, my maybes are probably out.

Rambo- Are there any places that a Mom could go to to shop, or eat while the war is going on? She can also take 35mm photos if wanted, she just tried cd's of her 35mm pictures and she will probably be comfortable with me uploading them to your website, or sending to you to upload.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#129 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:38 AM

Uhh, I really don't do much shopping but the mall just got redone with a lot of the more "upscale" vendors - she can probably find stores there. I can give her directions from the war site, if I'm there.

Unfortunately my mom is being quite Hitler-like at the moment and it is not guarenteed that I can make it. You guys are more than welcome to use the field without me, though. In the event that I am unable to attend, I would post a map of the map from how to get to the site from the parking lot.

#130 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

I have been planning on going to this war for some time. If RAMBO has issues, I will be stepping up to take control of this war. I'll fucking be there, and whoever else is showing up is welcome to plan and or buy things from me, preferably the latter.
I hate you.

#131 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

I have been planning on going to this war for some time. If RAMBO has issues, I will be stepping up to take control of this war. I'll fucking be there, and whoever else is showing up is welcome to plan and or buy things from me, preferably the latter.

Would those LNL's you may possibly be thinking of selling be barrel-modded for micros? I'm too lazy to mod mine, and have no problem giving my hard-earned cash to you.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#132 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

Joe, I've got 2 PETG modded LnL's that are painted red. You can test them out yourself at the war. I'd let them go for a reasonable price 1) to you b/c you're fucking YOU, and 2) they have YEARS of use on them. They are my original LnL's.

That's right, I can DP.

Vacc and I are discussing possibly changing venues if the host cannot attend, and since most of us are coming from further south. More on this later.
I hate you.

#133 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

Would those LNL's you may possibly be thinking of selling be barrel-modded for micros? I'm too lazy to mod mine, and have no problem giving my hard-earned cash to you.

Damn-it Joe, give me your LNL's and I'll mod both in under 10 minutes. Better yet, Give me your LNL'S!

#134 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

Since when does a host not make it out to his own war? Weaksauce, dude.

Anyways, I'll be completely honest, driving 7 hours for a war that'll have less than 15 people and a possibility of the host not being present doesn't sound all that appealing to me. I don't mean to come off as a douche, its just that I don't have the money to throw around on gas/hotel/food for a trip that's not going to have that many participants.

If any more people drop/flake out at the last minute I would vote to move the date of the war back till sometime in April when we can possibly garner a larger attendance and better weather. But that's just my two cents.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#135 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

In the event that I am unable to attend, I would post a map of the map from how to get to the site from the parking lot.

Well that's comforting.
This war is going to pwn, I can't wait to get there and find half a dozen 12 year olds wandering around an abandoned cement foundry clutching on to rain-smeared maps rendered in MSPaint. When asked what the hell they're doing they'll claim to only be following the directions of Rambo, a Nerfer they had never met. For if they had met him they would have known to better prepare themselves for the surreal absurdity that's insured to orbit any event being masterminded by such a nerfer.

Seriously though, Rambo if you end up bailing on your own war it will go down as the Coup-de-grace of 'Rambo's Retarded Bullshit'.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#136 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

I'm all for the idea of changing venues and/or postponement.. It is already (although not 7 hours) a bit of a drive for me, and the time to get more guns done would be nice. I'll keep checking.

Edit: I don't think I'll be able to make it if it does end up being Saturday... My boss kind of wants me to work plus neither my primary or my secondary are 100%, so on and so forth. I won't bore you with the details.

Edited by Splitlip, 20 March 2008 - 08:36 PM.

Teehee.

#137 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

I MAY be able to attend if it is postponed. But as of right now, I'll be in NC.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#138 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:59 PM

I vote for rain-check. I'm still fighting off a stubborn sinus infection that's making me really cranky.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#139 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:52 AM

I want a few more people to give a thumbs down before I officially say we cancel/postpone. I said I was planning on going, and I still will if people are coming, but if the majority of players aren't, I'd say push it back a few weeks.
I hate you.

#140 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

Alright, 25.5 hours to go and this is in Limbo. Lemme fix that, as it stands this war is dead.

Now from what I've heard from Groove and Slug over PM and here, they are not, and should not, make this 7+hour trip tomorrow. They're not coming.
If it is raining or snowing when we get up tomorrow I know famine and I have serious questions about this field, and that leaves the strong possibility that we're not going.
The host said he may not be able to attend, and a day before the event we haven't heard from him, so let's assume he's not going.

Honestly, this thing has been a catastrophe from day one, so I am recomending not to postpone this war, but to cancel and replace it. Keep the ECNO name, lose everything else.

However, OMC is still down all around, and the horsemen (3-4 of us from the looks of it) are down for something with a trusted field. After talking to the one man it seems we'd like to pull something small together for the attendees who are being left hanging. We'd be willing to host something small at a local field tomorrow for anyone who's interested.

Here's the important part so pay attention. IF YOU ARE DEFFINATELY CAPABLE OF MAKING IT WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

The field will likely be Tindall Park (info and directions found in the first post of this thread). We need to know now, so speak up. With OMC we have at least 4 deffinates (most likely 5), so we just need a handful more to have a really nice little war (10 would be absolutely perfect). I know it's not a big event but believe me, you'll learn a thing or two, and have a lot of fun.

VACC
~Captain Popetacious~

#141 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:01 AM

There's no way in hell that I can, or am going to, make it to California tomorrow. I can still go to ECNO if it's at it's original place and time, and bring 2 guests. I'm going to be there tomorrow for sure, so is it on or off?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#142 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:05 AM

There's no way in hell that I can, or am going to, make it to California tomorrow. I can still go to ECNO if it's at it's original place and time, and bring 2 guests. I'm going to be there tomorrow for sure, so is it on or off?

Don't be a jack ass.

Tindall is in Jersey about 2 hours from the ECNO location. Scroll down the post to where it actually SAYS Tindall park.

#143 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

I was really looking forward to this field. It was the first field I ever went to for a NIC event.
If we have to change venues I guess its alright.
I'll be coming tomorrow with Titan kid and my friend who likes to use a blowgun.
I'm driving so if I never show up, its because I got lost. (I get lost on a routine basis.)
"BG King" might be coming to the war hung over, so target him first.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#144 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

Don't be a jack ass.

Tindall is in Jersey about 2 hours from the ECNO location. Scroll down the post to where it actually SAYS Tindall park.

Sorry, my bad.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#145 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Skitzo, you've already played at Tindall. It's the place in Middletown that I hosted the lasts Hershfest. Not to shit on Rambo, but I'm out of ECNO, and in for the Horsemen's war.
I hate you.

#146 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

Ok, let's get this going since we have very little time. It's all dependant on what kind of response we have here.

Date: March 22nd (Tomorrow)
Time: 11:00 AM (allowing you guys time to get here) until we all don't want to nerf anymore.
Hosts: Horsemen and the One Man

Confirmed Attendees:
Me
Famine
Death
The Wave
OMC
Skitzo +2
Tyler +assorted bitches
Jlego (who)
Phil + possible nephews

Possible:
Dark Shrimp (someone give this man a ride)

Skitzo, if you've been here before come on back. Waiting on more responses and anyone who can make it is welcome, but 8 or so would enough for a fun war, believe me, I've been doing this a while. Rambo, if it turns around and you are able to, make it out.

Directions straight from Phil's Venue thread linked in my last post:
Tindall Park
Address: Merkel Dr & Tindall Rd, Middletown, NJ
Directions: The Address above is less than 100 feet from the entrance on Tindall Rd.
From North:
Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 117 (Routes 35 and 36, Keyport/Hazlet). Pay toll and follow signs for Route 35 South. Take Route 35 South for approximately 5 miles (when the highway splits and you start to see a Mobil Gas Station, a Dunkin’ Donuts, and a garden supplies store on your left instead of northbound traffic, you are close). Take the jughandle for Twinbrooks Ave., your first after the highway split, and proceed onto Highway 35 North.
Stay in your right lane on Rt. 35 North and take the next jughandle, for Tindall Rd. (Middletown/New Monmouth). Veer to your right after the jughandle (if you crossed Rt. 35, you’re going the wrong way) and continue down Tindall Road. Tindall Park will be to your left, directly across from Middletown High School North. The driveway is in a U-shape, and we will be meeting by the mini-golf/playground in the center of the U.
From South:
Take Garden State Parkway to Exit 109 (County Route 520, Red Bank/Lincroft). After existing, go straight through the traffic light (Route 520) onto Half Mile Road. Proceed down Half Mile Road and make a right at the end of the road, West Front Street. Proceed down West Front Street, making a left at your next traffic light (Hubbard Ave.) You will see a school on your right, and you will make a right at the next traffic light (Navesink River Road). Follow Navesink River Road to your next traffic light, where you will make a left onto Rt. 35 Northbound.
Follow Rt. 35 for about three or four miles. When the highway expands from two to three lanes (a Wachovia bank and Spirits Unlimited liquor store will be on your right, along with a large scary clown), shift into your right lane and take the jughandle for Tindall Road (Middletown/New Monmouth). Veer to your right (if you crossed Rt. 35, you’re going the wrong way) and continue down Tindall Road. Tindall Park will be to your left, directly across from Middletown High School North. The driveway is in a U-shape, and we will be meeting by the mini-golf playground in the center of the U.

GnomeFEST Photos
HershFEST Photos

The directions are very easy from the parkway, and there are multiple locations in close proximity in case of unforseen events.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND!!

VACC

#147 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

I might be able to make it if I could get a ride from someone. Maybe someone coming down from the north?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#148 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

No, I can't go to that one. That's 2 hours away. The previous one was 1 hour away from me. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I made a mistake. I can't go to that one. I'm really sorry.
Muker

#149 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

Ice, are you dyslexic, or just retarded?

#150 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:05 AM

Ice, are you dyslexic, or just retarded?

Actually, I am dyslexic, but I guess I wasn't paying attention. I still can't go to the final location, sorry.
Muker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users