174 replies to this topic

#1 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

_

Edited by Rambo, 21 September 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

The 21st is the first day of Spring break, and we have nothing going down for the whole week.
I'm in.

The 21st is good Friday. April 21st I'm good for though.

Edited by keef, 12 January 2008 - 11:48 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:41 AM

RAMBO, check your March dates. They are both Fridays, which are going to eliminate just about every nerfer from coming.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#4 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

I'm HOPEFULLY in for April the 5th as my parents should let me do what I want because the 6th is my birthday.
Which of course means Parkway is coming so those of you that haven't met him yet now would be a good time.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#5 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

What is that? An old bunker?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#6 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:15 AM

What is that? An old bunker?

Its an old cement foundry, thats why its both along the river and a railroad. Its an amazing place, absolutely astounding.

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

It's a cement foundry? Says who? I never heard that said with any amount of certainty.

Anyway, dates have been fixed, start posting which dates you're available guys.

#8 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

This place was awesome when I went there for my first war.
I can't wait to go back.
I should be free any of those days, the problem is getting my group members free.
I'll update you as I find out.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#9 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Sounds really intriguing to me. Mainly 'cause I'm back in the PA area. If I can get my guns, and a ride, I'd be glad to go. I'll have to check on the times tho.

I'm in the Wilkes area for now. I have most of March off.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#10 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:42 PM

As the trail continues, the large abandoned complex on the left was the Coplay cement mill.

http://www.usboomers.com/ironton.htm

#11 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

I love when Rambo gets put in his place.
I hate you.

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Holy motherfucken' shit. Do I really project a sarcastic tone every goodamn time I post? I was honestly asking him, it wasn't sarcasm.

#13 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, I'll more than likely be there. Any of those dates work.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#14 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:25 AM

Maryann and I will most likely be in attendance as well. She missed out on taking pictures of the scenery the last time. If I can get us there early enough I'll get her to take all the pictures she wants before the war so she won't be dsitracted so easily when we start playing.

Hell, she wandered off Saturday and found wild blueberries at Mill Creek. Gods know what she'll find at the ECNO field.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#15 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

I have yet to go to an east coast event but have always wanted to. I might start an overnight management position at my work soon, which would entail me working 8 days in a row and then getting 6 days off. If I get this position, and your war date falls on a day that I have off, I would really like to make the trip out there to war with you guys. If I don't get this management position, I should be able to request one of those days off anyway.

By no means plan this war around me, but I would really like to come out and Nerf. I missed the last Ohio Nerf war due to a family party, so I need my fix.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#16 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:11 AM

Don't have my class schedule yet, will post something more in a week or so, hopefully.
Tyranny Response Team

#17 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:33 PM

If my classes don't overload me, I'll try and make it out there. I obviously won't know when I'm getting hit with work, so whenever works.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#18 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

I don't have a preference on date.

Don't have my class schedule yet, will post something more in a week or so, hopefully.

And them maybe it will be me, you, and Groove in the same car on the way up. Again.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 16 January 2008 - 03:10 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#19 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

The images posted of this venue appear to dEffeminatet a series of elaborate death traps, not unlike those found in the ruins of an ancient incan temple. Perhaps Rambo is right and this site is something far more sinister than an old cement foundry. While I really don't think it looks like much of a nerf field, perhaps you are anticipating some manner of supernatural drama to spice up the day? Have you considered the possibilty of evoking a thousand year old curse, or perhaps defiling the tomb of a nearby mummy?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to motivate any of the other horsemen to make it out to this, and I have a strict buddy policy with any likelyhood of a fatal or near-fatal fall. I'll have to get back to you.

#20 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:02 PM

I don't have a preference on date.

And them maybe it will be me, you, and Groove in the same car on the way up. Again.

Dean lives in Pennsylvania now.

Vacc - don't worry, a lot of people were skeptical for the first ECNO and most ended up having a great time. Furthermore, my picture taking/choosing abilities are awful.

#21 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'd still feel better if you got a PKE reading on the whole place.

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

And everyone should make sure to update their tetanus booster shots. The field is made of concrete, rusty rebar, straw grass, and in some areas broken glass.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 16 January 2008 - 04:57 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#23 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

I may be able to make it. I'll let you know for sure as the date approaches.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#24 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

I was there last time, and it's not that much of an issue. We just used common sense, and followed a few basic rules.

NO WALKING BACKWARDS
Don't go in any holes
Watch your step
Stay away from ledges

If I remember correctly, that was last year's plan. Also, if any one finds anything dangerous, we don't have to play in that particular area.

Edited by CD-R, 16 January 2008 - 06:17 PM.

It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#25 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

VACC - I know at least three dozen people who paintball/airsoft on this field at least once a month. None of their group have ever gotten hurt. Now, compare that to the number of hospital visits that occur at regular parks while Nerfing? Two come to mind - myself dislocating my knee in Massachusetts, and Andy slicing his hand open at Mill Creek.

If I knew what a PKE reading was, I would indulge you, though.

Edit: Haha, did you use a PKE meter on yourself? Reading of 450+? Yeah, you're that paranormal. Stop whining and pick a date.

Edited by RAMBO, 16 January 2008 - 08:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users