"hybrid" Heavy Rifle

A Spectre Arms product

7 replies to this topic

#1 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:24 PM

Well I'm not sure if this gun has crossed the line into a homemade but if it has this will be moved.

A few months ago an Idea crossed my mind for a PETG breach for the numerous longshots that my group employ. I went into my workshop with some petg and pvc and a titan Airtank that I was going to use to make a CAW-type gun but desided against it. So I went to makeing my proof of concept and quickly ended up with a PETG barrel inside a half inch PVC barrle. I had made a pretty neat breach in my oppion at that point... But it wasn't enough and it wouldn't help me prove my concept. So I started grinding away groves on either side of the PVC untill I was able to but a Longshot mag into groves and the PETG barrle inside held it in place. And that was when my proof of concept became it's own gun. I reinforced the 1/2inch PVC with a 1 inch PVC sheath and cut a bolt slot to move the PETG barrle. You can't see the bolt grove that well because I haven't fully finished the bolt because I need to cut a second slot and turn it into a more effecting pump action.

Here's the gun:
Posted Image

Here is the closed Breach:
Posted Image

Here is the open Breach:
Posted Image

Here is the trigger, and yess that is a Longshot Front gun handle:
Posted Image

That is it so Far. I need to get a longer Barrle for it have have to do more Cosmetic mods and finish up the stock.

Edited by Fenixharth, 25 December 2007 - 11:25 PM.

#2 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

It seems like the pumping is a bit, aqward is it?
What are the ranges?
Does it get annoying to pump over and over again?

#3 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

1. Pumping isn't that bad. It takes a few seconds to get used to but I placed it there because that is the only place I could put it that would be secure and allow me to remove the barrle is nessisary.

2. Because it only has about a 13 inch barrle it only has has ranges of about 70-90 feet depending on any number of things but I think if I use the red FBR to make rounds for it it will work better and I know that when I put the longer barrle on it will work better.

3. It's not really that bad to pump it. I think it is easier than the regular titan.

#4 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:58 PM

Very nice job. Can't wait to see this thing in action in April. I like the utilization of the Longshot's front gun handle, and the fact that it's an original mod for a titan airtank.

#5 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

That's pretty cool, ut I have one question, why is you weapons branch called "Spectre Arms?"

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#6 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

Because that's the fake weapon manufacture company I came up with like 3 years ago for a story I was working on and it has stuck.

Edited by Fenixharth, 26 December 2007 - 02:46 PM.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

I'm wondering how well the clip stays on and how easy/hard it is to get it on and off. Could you post a little more (w/ pics if possible) about how the clip attaches. Is the one inch barrel necessary to hold the clip in place? Thanks.

#8 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

ok, the reason I have taken so long in responding is because I haven't been able to take pictures... and I was waiting to get a camera back. Oh well.

The magazine is held it place by the barrel it's self. OMC's PETG fits inside the magazine's top.

all you have to do to snap the magazine onto the PETG barrel when the breech is closed and you just pull it off when you are done and it stays in there quite well but doesn't fall out by accident easily.

The one inch barrle is namely for additional structural support and it allows for the bolt movement... which is actually a pump but it is still what moves the breech open and close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users