Valves

Prices and pros and cons

4 replies to this topic

#1 2nd Sniper

2nd Sniper

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

In the past, I have used the cheap but altogether inpractical ball valves in my basic, homemade pressure guns.

Now that I want to move on to more interesting and innovative pneumatic guns, I have considered also moving above ball valves to get more bang for the same psi. I was wondering, since this is one of the main fronts of informing the nerfing community, if I could get some suggestions on different valves and ballpark estimates for cost.

Thanks, 2nd loser

Edited by 2nd Sniper, 10 January 2008 - 09:44 PM.

"One love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright" Bob Marley (Rest in Peace)

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

I think you can use sprinkler valves. Check cxwq's BAMF for details.

And also don't say "scumbag" or the filter says loser (hehe)
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 2nd Sniper

2nd Sniper

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

haha, ok, loser=loser, got it, I'll take that into account, and thanks for the advice.
"One love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright" Bob Marley (Rest in Peace)

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

Sprinkler valves and ball valves are your only options that will be at all useful for most Nerf applications because most valves are just too restrictive to provide a flow rate that will fire a dart.

Notable exceptions are pushbutton valves which you can use as a replacement trigger valve for automatics, but not for semi-auto or single fire blasters.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts
  • Location:A small town in Michigan that you've never heard of, so don't bother asking.

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

haha, ok, loser=loser, got it, I'll take that into account, and thanks for the advice.

Hence my username.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users