Photo

The Inspiration Of The Cap Dart

9 replies to this topic

#1 VINDICATOR

VINDICATOR

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Hey fellas, this is my first time contributing anything to the NIC. I give credit for 3D-BBQ for inspiring me on this idea, the cap dart. 3D-BBQ's cap dart was made of a normal stephan, but had a matchstick sticking out of the tip of the dart. The cap he used was a ring cap, which is put on the front of the matchstick. When he fired the round, the tip with the cap on it struck a hard surface and went POW! So I followed in his foot steps, but lost him. So then out of nowhere, inspiration struck me again at random. I opened my drawer filled with cap guns when I saw some paper caps out of the box. I looked at the caps, then I looked at the tip of my asshole darts. That' s when it hit me. Then I asked myself,"Is there a way I can put these together?" Sure enough, the answer was staring back at me right in the face. On top of my drawer was a glob of sticky tac. "This just might work!" And sure enough it did. My cap dart consists of a normal stephan with a tiny ball of stick tac with a paper cap cut out with a hole puncher. When fired, the results were loud and satisfying. I had this idea for a while now, and it's about time I come out of my shell and tell the whole community about it! I'll call it cap darts for now. I was gonna call it pop darts, but it sounded like POP TARTS. lol. Can't wait to use these at my cousin's house, we have nerf wars inside, where it will be used most effectively on the walls. Perfect! If I can pull this all off, He'll be in for one big surprise! I hope this will inspire anyone else in the nerf community who hasn't spoke out about their ideas. Don't be afraid, your time is coming, your time is now. Thank you. :P

#2 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Cool, I like it. I still have butt loads of paper caps, i'll have to do this, but with double and triple loads. One thing, though. This might mark up walls, but i'm not sure.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

#3 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

That sounds pretty sick, but does it decrease the ranges. Also not to be a fire warden, but if you shot someone there cloths might catch on fire, if you're lucky.
EDIT: Maybe a picture or a blueprint.

Edited by Scotch, 09 January 2008 - 09:22 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#4 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

Cool, I like it. I still have butt loads of paper caps,

Would you be able to the other kind of the ones that are not made of paper? if you could, you could burn a hole with a glue gun in the stephan and put it in there with sticky tack so the cap would act as a weight like a bb does.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#5 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

This whole thing sounds fun but, just strikes me as a bad idea. Imagine the welt you get from a regular dart. Now add a burn mark and all of the force of the dart being directed into the cap. What do you get? One pissed off mother.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#6 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

This whole thing sounds fun but, just strikes me as a bad idea. Imagine the welt you get from a regular dart. Now add a burn mark and all of the force of the dart being directed into the cap. What do you get? One pissed off mother.

Hah! That was funny. That would hurt. It could also burn the walls (if drywall).
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#7 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

I forsee target practice at rocks... or trying to start bonfires with nerf. (That'd be sick)
What would I give to shoot my brother with a cap dart...
QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

#8 VINDICATOR

VINDICATOR

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

Thanks guys for all the comments. I really appreciated them. I'll try to get a hold of my camera after it's done charging and might take some pictures of my cap darts and maybe even some videos of them in action. It seems like they only work against hard targets, so it might not work against human targets, luckily. (I tried it on myself, but I was wearing a sweater.) And as for drywalls, they do make little black marks but can be easily wiped clean.(I guess this can be good for target practice, outdoors though.) I'm still experimenting with the cap darts to see if it will affect anything else such as range and accuracy. I'm using my Longshot to test them out, which works great by the way, but I can't wait to acquire myself with yet another Magstrike! (My other one had its bladder blown.) Patience is key to success I guess. :P

#9 marriedmynitefinder

marriedmynitefinder

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:34 AM

Is the cap on top of another weight? Because I don't think just a piece of paper would work to well.

-mmnf

Edited by marriedmynitefinder, 20 January 2008 - 02:35 AM.

I prefer apple bottoms. Yeah, I said it.
-direct threat

#10 VINDICATOR

VINDICATOR

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

No, the paper cap sits on the tip of the stefan, the hot glue part, with sticky tac holding it in place. It works fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users