This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#3 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

If you make a thread and don't have anything in the post it doesn't make you post.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#4 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

Sorry guys, the server died and it just went crasy. :wacko:

I can't edit this so I'll just post what I wanted to say and ask.

My brother whose around 22, went paintballing for the first time with his friends. He really had a fun time and is itching to go back. He's inviting me the next time he goes. I plan to go but after seeing the bruises on him, I'm thinking twice. I've been hit with a stpehan shot by a Crossbow once 10Ft away at a war once. Is paintballing similar to nerfing with Crossbows while only wearing trousers (Not to say I ever did)? He told me not to worry about it because you're ussually adrelalined when you're out there. So you wouldn't pay much attention.

So am I just being a worried bytch about it? Or Not?
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#5 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

Wear a sweatshirt and other loose fitting clothes and you'll be fine.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

I wouldn't recommend playing for the first time in winter if it's cold up your way. If the balls break on your skin, it's not really painful, but if they freeze, it can hurt. However, they can freeze if someone is firing very rapidly too... I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's not really pain, just more of a sting/pinch.

#7 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:47 AM

If you dress appropriately, you will be fine.

I first paintballed when I was 12 or 13, and I was (actually, still am) on the thin side of the spectrum. My older brother worried a little about me, but I ended up being fine. I went to the army surplus store and picked up a nice set of loose-fitting camo pants and jacket. I threw a pair of tight-fitting sweats on (cause it was cold as hell when I played) and wore the camoflauge on top.

Sure some shots stung like hell, but you'll get over it. I played for about 3 years and never got a visible bruise. If you want to minimize pain, don't leave any skin exposed. Make sure you have the thickest gloves you can find, too. I think hand-shots hurt the most.

Also, wear a cup and a neck guard! You'll wish you had them if you get hit in those areas.

Edited by frost vectron, 09 January 2008 - 03:48 AM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#8 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:04 AM

Man up. That is all.
I hate you.

#9 Trogdorian Grey

Trogdorian Grey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:15 AM

I play paintball regularly, and have got to the point where I just wear a t-shirt and jeans on the field. Getting hit WILL HURT, but only for a second. It's like a bee sting. Stings like a @$%# for a moment, then its just numb. Gloves are highly reccomended as getting shot in the hands (which happens frequently) hurts immensely in cold weather. A toboggan or backwards ball cap (one that still allows the mask to fit comfortably) is suggested as well to help if you get hit on the top of the head (as well as containing perspiration that would otherwise fog your mask).

#10 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

My brother whose around 22, went paintballing for the first time with his friends. He really had a fun time and is itching to go back. He's inviting me the next time he goes. I plan to go but after seeing the bruises on him, I'm thinking twice. I've been hit with a stpehan shot by a Crossbow once 10Ft away at a war once. Is paintballing similar to nerfing with Crossbows while only wearing trousers (Not to say I ever did)? He told me not to worry about it because you're ussually adrelalined when you're out there. So you wouldn't pay much attention.

He may just bruise easily. My brother's girlfriend got bruised when a member of the blue man group threw a marshmallow at her. My suggestion is to not worry about it and do what Frost said and wear a neck guard and a cup. From my experience your brother is right. The typical shot hurts, but not enough to say ow.

#11 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

Cool, Cool. Thanks Alot for the info (Feels like Sex education). I don't think I'm gonna wear a cup since I'm only 5'0. I'll probably buy them masks that protect your entire head.
-Vacc

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

Cool, Cool. Thanks Alot for the info (Feels like Sex education). I don't think I'm gonna wear a cup since I'm only 5'0. I'll probably buy them masks that protect your entire head.

If you go to an actual establishment, masks are required. You'd be a tool not to use one if you are playing in a private area. I think everyone (myself included) took this for granted.

#13 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

Most of the time, I paintball in shorts and a tee shirt. The shots hurt but, its not like your arm is going to fall off. I wear and would advise you to wear a cup. Have you seen the movie Gridiron Gang? Remember the scene where the kid gets hit right in the boys but wasn't wearing a cup? You never think youre going to get hit there but, when you do, it hurts like you've never been hurt before.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#14 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Little story about that.

Once I was playing paintball, [duh] and then the game goes on blah blah blah and then my team wins. So I step out from behind a wall and walk into the open, as the game is over. I see this yellow blur coming towards me and WHAM smack in the balls. SOMEONE "Didn't know" the game was over. [my brother]
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#15 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

Little story about that.

Once I was playing paintball, [duh] and then the game goes on blah blah blah and then my team wins. So I step out from behind a wall and walk into the open, as the game is over. I see this yellow blur coming towards me and WHAM smack in the balls. SOMEONE "Didn't know" the game was over. [my brother]

I'm laughing, but it's a laugh of sympathy. I've always had a mean sense of humor. When something like that hapens, I'm always the guy who's in tears laughing so hard.

Apperently I also have a one track laugh mind.

#16 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

:D Yeah it's fine I don't feel it anymore. :P
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#17 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

Paintball is more painful than nerf (obviously) but I have the perfect advice: DON'T GET SHOT!!!!
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

#18 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

Sorry guys, the server died and it just went crasy. :P

If you think paintball hurts dont every play airsoft. Seriously if you cant take a paintball, your a wuss.
QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#19 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

Sorry guys, the server died and it just went crasy. :P

If you think paintball hurts dont every play airsoft. Seriously if you cant take a paintball, your a wuss.

Umm, I would be asking this if I never been shot by one before or played paintball, now would I?! But whatever; if the pain is as you guys described, I think I can take it.
-Vacc

#20 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

Whatever you do, don't duck down and leave the area between your mask and your face exposed, because it's those times that the one in a million shot will happen. I got shot in the forehead and nose, while wearing a mask. It hurts right when it happens, but if you walk away and hold in the pain, it really does stop as soon as it comes. So, no worries.

#21 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

I'm a decently high level tournament paintball player (not national or anything), and if you're worried about the paint theres some advice I can give. If you're being shot at don't expose the top of your head. People like to hide their face, but forget that their face is protected and the top of their head is not. Take one in the grill over the dome, period. Honestly it isn't bad, yes it does hurt but it's not anything bad at all, it's like when you're play-fighting with your cousin and bang your knee on the coffee table, you notice it and may say ow but its not gonna really hurt you. Don't make a big deal out of it and it won't be a big deal, that's my motto!!!!!!!111 yea.....
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users