#1 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

This right here,

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

is bullshit.

People charging 130 dollars for longshots on the internet? No Modded longshot is worth that much.

Any Thoughts? Sorry for posting auction but honestly Nobody would buy this.

Edited by The Metal Bullet, 06 January 2008 - 08:21 PM.

Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

EARN EASY MONEY... 100's a month.

#2 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Any Thoughts? Sorry for posting auction but honestly Nobody would buy this.

You'd be surprised that people would pay that much for a nerf blaster but they do. FA's LS went for about $200.

Edited by nerfalchemist, 06 January 2008 - 08:28 PM.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

Itnny how he says, I have gotten noting but silence when I take this out for office wars, but then a sentance later he states he has only taken it out of the box to be modded. I dont know whats up with that.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

130 feet! Yeah the plunger chamber will probably break when you fire it with all those springs in there.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#5 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

That's the third one of those I've seen him post. The first one was way cheaper. It started at $50 and got up to $120 or so. I'm guessing he just set it at $120 because he expects someone who didn't win to buy this one. But yeah, a buck-fifty is retarded to pay for an already too expensive $30 LS.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"Itís only after youíve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#6 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:19 PM

I'm somewhat a noob so don't flame me if I'm wrong, but a well-modded longshot, with everything done to it (integrated sidearm, spring replacement ext.) is worth about 40-50$ right? That gun has an awesome paintjob so thats about 5-10$ on top of that. So truly all that gun should be is about 50$- I can't tell, but if thats acually not a crappy scope, and is actually effective, that thats an extra 20-30$ Once again I'm a noob, so don't flame me because I have my prices off.

Edited by The Bone, 06 January 2008 - 09:22 PM.

No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

Have ANY OF YOU who are saying a well-modified Longshot EVER actually modified one in every way that you possibly can to get is to shoot 80 to 90 feet reliably? It takes a lot of time, a lot of supplies, and is generally a very annoying gun to work on. Integrating the side arm is also time consuming.

I have NEVER modified a Longshot for someone and charged less than $100 because of this. I don't do it anymore because personally I hate working on it now.

You are young and don't understand that time and effort is valuable to people older than you. 80% of the business in this country is based on SERVICE where in someone who probably possesses skill that you do not have gets paid to spend their time doing some form of work for you to accomplish a task in a reasonable amount of time. If they were not compensated for their time in some way it would be called slave labor.

Yes the performance in the item description is probably exaggerated by 15 feet. So what, most members do that here and ranges should always be read as an extremely vacillating measurement with an error range of plus-or-minus 20 feet.

And when are you guys going to learn to STOP POSTING EBAY ITEM LINKS.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 06 January 2008 - 09:39 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:34 PM

Edit: CS beat me....

I was just going to say that it's not really the raw materials that count in coming up with a reasonable price, but the effort that was put into creating the thing. Besides, it looks pretty damn cool...

Edited by DarkInfection, 06 January 2008 - 09:38 PM.

#9 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:02 PM

No I haven't modded a LS. Since I've only modded a few guns, and I'm not very good at it, I fear that I might break a LS if I mod it. I was just trying to sum up the price. And don't you know? I got flamed :P
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I didn't "flame" anyone since it wasn't a personal attack. If you want to get flamed there are thousands of other forums out their willing to oblige.

I was referring to everyone and constructively offering my objections to their viewpoint.
If anyone feels insulted by that it's because they can't deal with being proven wrong. Something you will eventually have to learn how to do in a mature fashion in order to become an adult.

This has been life lesson #47

Edited by CaptainSlug, 06 January 2008 - 10:14 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

To elaborate on what someone said, that seller basically lies in all of his listings. I have done some research to prove it.

A nicer way to say it would be:
He contradicts himself.

Yes from what I have read it will probably not last long as it has 3 springs AR removal with no reinforcement.
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#12 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts
  • Location:A small town in Michigan that you've never heard of, so don't bother asking.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

I fear that I might break a LS if I mod it

Oh, like me? :angry:

By the way, that is just a black paintjob. anyone can do that with a can of spray paint. I'm not sayin it's not worth what it is.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#13 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the link guys. I am soo buying that.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#14 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

LoL Alien pulse rifle.
Ha
HaHa
Ha

Loser!!!

Edited by Ccapogreca, 07 January 2008 - 07:34 PM.

QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#15 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

CS, I think this guy exaggerated by a little more than 15 feet. I know he is using 3 springs and he has removed the air restrictor, but without a barrel replacement, or breech and barrel replacement, there is still no way he is hitting even 15 feet below his advertised ranges. For example, here are quotes from two of his buyers:

Item didnt shoot lenght stated, even after many trials. quick postage though.

Fires 35% of the ranges advertised. Seller offered a refund. Good communication.

He may have been a perfectly responsible seller and offered a refund for both of those items, but it still proves that he exaggerated his ranges. I greatly respect your opinion though CS, as I have just started modifying my Longshot and I can tell you it'll probably take me 10-fold more time to make my Longshot functioning with decent range than the time it takes you to make a high-quality, custom, high performance Longshot. I'm sure this guy spent quite a bit of time and money on his Longshots and I'm sure he expects more than an equal sum of money back from the customer in exchange for it, and that's perfectly fair. However, that doesn't mean that this gun is worth $130, the way I see it he didn't put that much VALUE into this gun as far as overall quality should go. He stretched the stock spring and put two other springs in there, and all he did to reinforce it was add a stronger catch spring, no mentioning of an additional o-ring to stabilize the plunger head, or reinforcement of critical parts which are prone to breakage when put under the stress of a spring addition. The way I see it this gun could easily break after only a short period of use by the buyer, and if that happens, I don't quite believe this particular item is worth $130. It'd be like creating a high-performance computer, then selling it for tens of thousands of dollars to the customer because you spent so much time on it and bought so many materials to go into it, but after only hours of use by the customer it breaks due to the whole system frying because you didn't take the necessary precautions to add enough fans to cool the whole unit adequately, would the computer be worth tens of thousands of dollars in the customers eyes then, no. Besides, there are certain things in that auction that tell me that this guy is not only exaggerating, but also flat out lying. He uses incorrect vocabulary when describing parts and at most times is very vague about his methods, the only thing that seems to sell his items are his use of capital letters and bold, flashy colors to describe everything and glamorous pictures of his guns with black paintjobs, completely unnecessary accessories, and supreme exaggeration of his guns ranges. There is no guarantee of high quality or anything to even indicate this gun will last beyond five minutes. I'm sure this guy is trying to be a good seller, I just don't like the way he is trying to do it.

Sorry for almost writing an essay, its just that I wanted to get it off my chest and I was supremely bored while writing this, no disrespect meant to CS.

Edited by Blasphemy, 07 January 2008 - 08:08 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#16 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

Man, that is bulls***!
"Many others claim they are the best but this is, by far, the most powerful maingun mod on Ebay today."
He is just another one of those losers that say "this is the most powerful *this type of blaster* on ebay.
"I have gotten nothing less then a complete silence when I roll this out in my office when we have a 15 men nerf wars."
That is also a load of crap. This guy is full of crap. There is no way that a modified LS can be completely silent. Even with FBR wrapped around the internals. Especially if the gun even gets 70% of the ranges he advertises.

Edited by CornMan, 07 January 2008 - 11:23 PM.

#17 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

"I have gotten nothing less then a complete silence when I roll this out in my office when we have a 15 men nerf wars."
That is also a load of crap. This guy is full of crap. There is no way that a modified LS can be completely silent. Even with FBR wrapped around the internals. Especially if the gun even gets 70% of the ranges he advertises.

Um, I think he meant the people were silent not the longshot.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

#18 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

Why are you guys still posting in this. Go modify something.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#19 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

CS, I think this guy exaggerated by a little more than 15 feet.

His quoted range for level firing is 95 feet. I'm guessing it really only shoots 60-75 feet on average when fired level, but if you use it to fire untrimmed streamlines the spread in range could be all over the place.

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

Ok, I'm with FA on this one. Go nerf people. This topic is closed. I really don't want to see any more of these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users