Photo

I Have Too Much Hot-glue. What Do I Do?

15 replies to this topic

#1 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Well I finally got good results out of my new breech for the Recon, but when I put my CPVC barrel in I used to much glue and now since I feel my barrel is too short I want to take it out. I tried putting it over my stove for a couple seconds but that just burnt the muzzle. Anyone know what I can use to fix this problem? I will post up a write up for this when I can type a little better with my stiched up finger.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#2 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

Pour some boiling water into a bowl, and then dip whatever you want to loosen into it for a minute or two.
You should then be able to pull it off fairly easily.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

ok thanks Il do that right now.

Edited by rokor, 04 January 2008 - 06:05 PM.

Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

What I do, is I heat up the glue gun, and use the tip to burn throug the glue. But yours is probably a big amount, so yea, try the boiling water.
kthxbaisend

#5 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

Or try just ripping it out with wire cutters like I do.

PS What happened to your finger?
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#6 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

Well I was in my little room down in Florida with my opened recon on my lap and figured that I would take out all of the useless things inside. I put it back together and when I was shooting around I figured that it would be handy to be able to stick the clip in with the bolt closed(just so I wouldnt have to fire off the first dart do unload it). I was trying to cut a notch about half an inch under the real notch so the clip lock would hold it just under the bolt. My mistake was cutting towards myself, using a fishing knife and cutting too fast. From there we had to go to the hospital which was a minute away from us(there are hospitals everywhere in KeyWest) and I got six stiches and a bottle of anti-biotics. And thanks for all the help but the boiling water seemed to work best since the tip of my gluegun is small.

ps. this took me ten minutes to type, holyshit!

Edit: The clip still has about a pint of blood(exageration) on it which I plan to keep because it seems to look good, and it prevents my friend from using it.

Edited by rokor, 04 January 2008 - 07:23 PM.

Talio in Shoutbox.

#7 dart

dart

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

holy shit! that is a long time. so how did you get hurt anyway?
back on topic, I would boil it for about an hour then when its loose pry it or cut it of with pliers or a knife.

I went into the choir room today and told the teacher," I can ony sing base" she said," I can fix that" she gave me a prompt kick in the nuts; i've been singing soprano ever since.

~DART

#8 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

He already fixed it.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#9 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

Cant you just pry the hot glue off with pliers thats what i do and it works very well, but if you do this you will have to re glue it.

Or you could use your glue gun and just simply melt off the glue.

#10 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

Cant you just pry the hot glue off with pliers thats what i do and it works very well, but if you do this you will have to re glue it.

Or you could use your glue gun and just simply melt off the glue.

He already fixed it.

And I already suggested the melting the glue off with the glue gun thing.
kthxbaisend

#11 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

:angry: Just take a knife and slice it off, but be carefull you don't chop off the rest of your fingers! This might not work depending on how thick the glue is.

Edited by The Bone, 04 January 2008 - 11:20 PM.

No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#12 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

:angry: Just take a knife and slice it off, but be carefull you don't chop off the rest of your fingers! This might not work depending on how thick the glue is.

He already fixed it.

kthxbaisend

#13 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

Well I was in my little room down in Florida with my opened recon on my lap and figured that I would take out all of the useless things inside. I put it back together and when I was shooting around I figured that it would be handy to be able to stick the clip in with the bolt closed(just so I wouldnt have to fire off the first dart do unload it). I was trying to cut a notch about half an inch under the real notch so the clip lock would hold it just under the bolt. My mistake was cutting towards myself, using a fishing knife and cutting too fast. From there we had to go to the hospital which was a minute away from us(there are hospitals everywhere in KeyWest) and I got six stiches and a bottle of anti-biotics. And thanks for all the help but the boiling water seemed to work best since the tip of my gluegun is small.

ps. this took me ten minutes to type, holyshit!

Edit: The clip still has about a pint of blood(exageration) on it which I plan to keep because it seems to look good, and it prevents my friend from using it.

Clips fit in the LS when the bolt is closed (if you shove it hard). I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#14 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

Same idea with the Recon but the darts that came with it seem to be somewhat different and tend to indent and squish. Im not sure if Im the only one with that problem but I use stefans so it doesnt matter too much anyway.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#15 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

Clips fit in the LS when the bolt is closed (if you shove it hard). I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

Sn1per, that is soooo added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

I still can't find a Recon in Texas! I've checked TRU, Target, Wal-Mart, and KB Toys.

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#16 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

Sn1per, that is soooo added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

I still can't find a Recon in Texas! I've checked TRU, Target, Wal-Mart, and KB Toys.

Yay i got added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole!

Edited by sn1per, 07 January 2008 - 04:18 PM.

QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users