Another Gun Buidling Comunity

We could learn something

8 replies to this topic

#1 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

I don't know if any of you know about spudfiles.com Its a great and very active community of potato gun builders. (all kinds of ammo are used) I think theres alot Nerf builders could learn in the way of valves, breaches, and pneumatic power. Read a bit in the forums, and look in the showcases. By the way this is NOT an advert, I just think it would be cool to see some collaboration between the two communitys. spudfiles :mellow:
I hope this is the right place for this.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

I know several users here (Carbon?) have mentioned Spudfiles in their homemade writeups. Combustion powered guns are basically adaptations of potato cannons. Thanks for posting the link for everyone (including me) that hasn't checked it out yet.
SexD Warves

#3 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

There is some great info. on that site if your starting off or already into homemades, just they dont use spring guns from what ive seen. Just if you do decide to get some ideas from that sight, try to make somthing new with the design, because all the designs are starting to seem the same. Make it diffrent and leave your mark.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#4 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

Yeah im also a member there, and it shows in some of my guns, I mean I made a mini cumbustion cannon. They also gave me the idea for my pnuematically actuated piston valve gun. But yeah overall a good site its full of ideas and people that are willing to help.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#5 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

Hey I might have linked to there in one of my earlier posts... I'm the same aetherguy881 there as I am there. However, I'm not always on spudfiles... (rip). I liked spudtech better, but when I have to I goto spudfiles. Anyway, I'm almost ALWAYS at PCGUY's other website; Theopia, where I moderate and bash benstern... But that's another story.

Yes, it is a good website for some collaboration. If you mention Nerf, you may get laughed at, you may get the interested eyebrow. I know benstern laughed at me when I told him about it...

Come to think of it, one may use one of the rapid fire valves to make an automatic Nerf gun... Heh, just pick your design, there's a few different on there.

Good to know that there's a few more people from places I've been!
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#6 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, people here this an electric sprinkler is the best valve. Over there you'll get laughed at for using one. BTW the best valve is a large bore piston actuated by a QEV.

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yes, but we shoot foam.

They shoot vegetables.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#8 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

I started a topic about an all air bolt and firing system design here and I think I mentioned Nerfhaven somewhere. The final design (not by me) looks pretty sick.

Yes, but we shoot foam.

They shoot vegetables.

You're forgetting golf balls. :ph34r:

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

Potatoes are a starch.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users