Photo

Bbb V.s Titan

Both Heavily Modded

15 replies to this topic

Poll: BBB v.s Titan (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Titan or BBB??

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NeFerZ

NeFerZ

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

I kind of have a question/poll for everyone here! I want to go and pick up a new gun at target, but i cant decided on which one to get. Either the Titan or BBB? So which one do you guys think I should get? Money is NOT a problem.. What are the ranges of both? Which one is easy to mod?

Thanks in Advance

-Nerferz

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

BBB is better because you can actually use it in a war.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

Titans are probably the most powerful Nerf gun out there. When singled to shoot micro Stefans, they hit right around 180'. Now don't think these are the best things ever, there's a huge downfall to this; the reload is insanely long. This thing requires 25+ pumps for each shot. They are also banned at most wars.

The BBB can get maybe 100' max. Though most hit more like 80'-90'. The RoF is much higher, especially if you clip it (Search Angel Bow). It's legal in all wars, and I think it's probably all around better for a war anyway.

So if you want something extremely powerful that shoots really far, get the Titan. If you plan on going to wars, or shooting at other people, get the BBB. I have a singled BBB and an Angel Bow, both are pretty neat and I'd use it over a Titan easy.

#4 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

I'd go with the Titan, but if you expect to be let into a war with it, your out of luck. Most large wars wont allow them because of their power (I took a shot out of my own titan at 50' and I bled(heavy dart)). Speaking of power, most well modded titans can get close to 200' in range, and i can peg my brother easily out to 150'. The Titan is a losing weapon, what do you expect?

The BBB on the other hand, has better ROF but less range and accuracy. It is also easier to mod, just taking out the AR and slapping in a brass barrel will get you about 80'. If you do an ABBB you up the ROF even higher, which is f-ing scrry, 'cuz that thing is painful at close range (also speaking from experience). If you get a spring replacement you can get upwards of 110' and with a longer barrel you get better accuracy. The BBB is the assault rifle of Nerf.

In conclusion:
BBB= high ROF, with heavy modding: high ranges and power
Titan= low ROF, amazing distance and power and accuracy, most wars wont allow it.

There's my take on it. (I do own both of them and have modded them both.)

Edit: Holy shit! three people posted while I was! Mines still bigger! :)

Edited by Maeric, 30 December 2007 - 12:50 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#5 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

I kind of have a question/poll for everyone here: I want to go and pick up a new gun at Target, but I can't decide on which to get between the Titan or the BBB? So which one do you guys think I should get? Money is not a problem. What are the ranges of both? Which one is easy to mod?

Thanks in Advance

-Nerferz

Well, depending on which mod you want to do, the Titan is probably easier. On average, I think BBB's ranges are about 80 feet or so, and the Titan's ranges are (when well-modded) about 120-160 feet. But that's a rifle-style Titan. Shotgun-style Titans, despite reduced range, seem to be just as popular as rifle-styles. An eight-dart undodgeable spread is quite menacing indeed.

One big consideration, though, is ROF. If you're in a big game with a lot of players, you might want to go ROF-style, in which case the BBB would have the advantage- load/cock/fire- whereas the Titan is pump-pump-pump-pump-pump/load/fire. That time can be drastically reduced by replacing the stock Titan pump with a bicycle pump, but the BBB would probably still have the advantage.

Also, if you're in SoCal, you would have to make your Titan a shotgun, for single-barreled Titans are generally banned at SoCal wars. But the BBB has its own problem: namely, fragility. The cocking mechanism on the BBB is generally pretty fragile, so if you're the vigorous type during wars, take that into consideration.

Lastly, difficulty: If you want to do a good BBB mod, it'll be somewhat difficult. It's that kind of gun. I've got a good conceptional mod thought up, but I'm having a hard time getting it from paper into reality. Compared to the Titan, the BBB is very mod-unfriendly. The Titan practically begs to be modded, as evidenced by the fact that there are a lot of Titan mods. However, unless you're Angel, Ompa, CX, Bags, or CaptainSlug, the Titan doesn't really lend itself toward innovation. The Big Bad Bow, however, does- people have quite differing ideas on what to do to it. I've got an idea I don't think anyone's tried before, and there are a lot of original mods out there.

Hope that helps,

O
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#6 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

I'd go with the BBB, it has all the power you'll need. Plus, although it has already been said, the BBB has a much faster priming time which allows for greater ROF. Besides, tell me when you have ever tried to hit someone from 180' or farther out, not gonna happen.

Edited by Blasphemy, 30 December 2007 - 01:00 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#7 NeFerZ

NeFerZ

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

Well where I live the war rules are you could use any weapon including homemades. I like it this way because it adds much more fun. Like everyone on the war field has a primary that shoots 120+. Thats how we take it down here

#8 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

Well where I live the war rules are you could use any weapon including homemades. I like it this way because it adds much more fun. Like everyone on the war field has a primary that shoots 120+. Thats how we take it down here

Must... resist... urge... to... say... joke...
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#9 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

The Big Bad Bow limits mobility much less than the Titan, that would be my main reason to go for it. I've used both extensively and have found the Big Bad Bow to be a very formidable weapon. It has enough range for what I ask of it, is plenty accurate and allows one to run fairly comfortably.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#10 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

I would say the Titan. With the mod that I did to mine ( you can see it in my Sig box ) I can hit 170' at 17 pumps ( I did not plug the pump ) but when I tone it down to like 9 or 10 pumps I get around 100' to 110. The only draw back is that it takes me like 5 seconds to reload and another 5 seconds to pump it back up.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#11 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

The people you nerf with probably won't be very happy when you give them silver dollar sized welts form a titan.

BBB
+range
+ROF
+mobility
+accuracy

Titan
++range
++acuracy
-mobility
-ROF

Winner?
BBB!
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#12 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

Titans are probably the most powerful Nerf gun out there.

What about the Ultimator?(sp)
kthxbaisend

#13 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Money is NOT a problem..

So get both.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#14 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

Money is NOT a problem..

So get both.

Damn, you beat me to it.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

#15 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

Absolutely no doubt, get the BBB.

Look up Big bad sexy and do that mod. THen look at FA24's post under the original post and do what he says.

It's worth it, after weeks of trying to fix it, I finnaly got it, and I have never seen anything with more accuracy or power than Big bad Sexy.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#16 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

I agree with Angel. If money is no problem, buy both. If you only want one, it really depends on how you play and where. If you play inside, the titan is ruled out instantly. Shooting someone from that close with that strong of a gun will make someone very angry.
I have both and personally, I like the BBB better. Its good looking, it isnt banned from most wars, and takes much less time to cock.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users