Recon Close Up

Here are the pictures you guys have been waiting for

63 replies to this topic

#1 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

Alright, I just snagged me a Recon I could call my own today and I figured I'd show you guys some pictures that weren't of a box. Here they are for those who are interested.

Posted Image

Inside the box

Posted Image
Here's the main gun compared to a nitefinder.

Posted Image
The whole thing compared to my slightly longer Longshot carbine. The handle on the gun feels better than it looks, but the stock is flimsy as hell and will most likely snap off during intense play.

Posted Image
Pulling the slide back is similar to pulling the bolt back on the longshot. It stays in position until you push it back forward. Here is the breech. It has a little lid over it.

Posted Image
And there is the little arm that lets you know when the thing is cocked.

#2 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:09 PM

Very sweet. I've been interested in seeing the real thing for a while. Thanks. Does it shoot better than a stock Mave or NF? Also, does the little "cocked" arm get in the way with the stock off?
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#3 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:10 PM

Hot!
How does the spring feel?
How are ranges?
I really like how the arm says "armed" on it, and the jam door says "access".
Thanks for posting these.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#4 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:13 PM

I messed around with the "laser"/light thing too.

Posted Image
"Tactical light" setting

Posted Image
"red dot" setting

All in all, slightly more impressive than a nitefinder light.

I test fired it and it doesn't sound too different than a stock longshot. I haven't taken a look inside yet, but I'll throw some pics up when I get around to it. Any picture requests? pm or just comment, I'll be happy to snap them. And if my pictures need to be resized, let me know.

Edit: I read the comments that you guys put up before I finished.

I think ranges are better than a stock maverick. Ranges might compete with a nitefinder missing one of the restrictors. I'll range test it officially tomorrow since I'm confined indoors right now.

The arm doesn't really get in the way.

Edited by Cannonball, 23 December 2007 - 11:18 PM.

#5 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:18 PM

Thanks. How about some internals, or possibly a clip of how the gun shoots?

#6 ashs75

ashs75

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:23 PM

What was the price on that bad boy??
Rifle vs Tank = terrorist getting owned

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

Sweet! I can't wait to see internal pics.

Since this is in the trading section, who is going to buy it?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:31 PM

$20.00. I'll be opening this bad boy up tomorrow and I'll make sure I take pictures of it.

Oh shoot. My bad guys. I accidentally put it under trading. How do I get it moved to general?

Edited by Cannonball, 23 December 2007 - 11:32 PM.

#9 DeceitfulSteve

DeceitfulSteve

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

What's the gray switch-looking thing above and behind the trigger? Is it just cosmetic?

Also, can you pull the slide back again once the gun is cocked, or does it lock in the forward position like the Longshot bolt?

Edited by DeceitfulSteve, 24 December 2007 - 03:18 AM.

#10 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:59 PM

Wow, based on what you said about the ranges, this thing might as well compete with a maverick in cosmetics. So many people think the maverick is sexy. Well at least its coming soon, like before the end of the year or so. Although the ranges sound dissapointing, looks like this is gonna be a good indoor gun; that is unless the internals or the plunger is the same size as the Longshot. Im not too excited about clip guns because of their dissabilities of darts and barrels in nerf. But because this gun is only $20, I'll probably buy it if modding is similar to the Longshot and if the ranges can get to a modded nf (when modded)

Thanks for the update Cannon!

Oh and can you show more pics of the gun more far way when cocked and not cocked. You know, show any cool features you can find. :P

Ps- where did you purchased this Recon?

Edited by CAPS, 24 December 2007 - 12:00 AM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#11 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

That thing looks pretty sweet- a true Recon weapon if ever there was one.

Well done! I've already got a few mods worked out in my head for that bad boy...
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#12 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:29 AM

What's the orange thing on the side of the stock?
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#13 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:35 AM

Can you pop a LS clip into the Recon?
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#14 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:45 AM

Can you pop a LS clip into the Recon?

Considering that they're completely identical aside from molded color, yes.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#15 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:59 AM

We demand internal pictures dammit.
No seriously it would be really sweet to have some.
QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#16 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

Can you give me box dimensions?
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#17 ashs75

ashs75

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:49 AM

Holy crap only 20 bucks?? That is pretty awesome! The pistol also looks like it will actually work unlike the longshot pistol to!! This could possible be better than when they came out with the longshot or the titan even!
Rifle vs Tank = terrorist getting owned

#18 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

Is the stock stable? It doesn't look Like it in the picture.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

I had a great dream with the Recon...

Sorta creepy though...

and funny...

So, I was in OHNO (could tell because of the shelter house/roses in the background).
It was dark and cold so I flipped on my "tactical light" then I hear rustling, shoot 3 times into the bushes, forget how many rounds I had (I know, stupid, but it was my sarcastic subconscious) and run away while seeing a dart whiz by my face. I dive into the shelter house, pop up to look for teammates. They are all out. Just me and my Recon. I charge into the enemies (I don't know what they had, probably Eyes of Fire, Arachnophobia, and Doomsayer.) All I know is that A LOT of darts are coming at me REALLY FAST. I shoot and with 3 darts tag the enemies. Then, hehe, I trip on a metal bench and wake up.

You guys have NERF dreams?

I didn't get a lot of sleep so it wasn't the usual non-prego Jessica Alba, Halle Berry and others.

Edited by Lynx, 24 December 2007 - 10:32 AM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:43 AM

Is the stock stable? It doesn't look Like it in the picture.

The handle on the gun feels better than it looks, but the stock is flimsy as hell and will most likely snap off during intense play.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#21 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:51 AM

I really like how everything is labeled. I mean, you all might say that all you have to do is play around with the gun a bit to get to know what is what and that they only put labels on there for retards, but I think quickly remembering how to operate your gun by simply reading could come in handy in the heat of battle.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#22 DeceitfulSteve

DeceitfulSteve

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

Can you give me box dimensions?

From the Target website: • Estimated Ship Dimensions : 3 inches length x 17 inches width x 11.5 inches height

#23 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

Wow...the laser looks like it might actually work! Is it hard to cock? The cocker thing looks like it might slip out of your hands... What store did you get it at? Where?
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#24 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

My god.... I'm so glad that i kept the mount for the front of my Longshot... I think the front "barrel" might be long enough to cover my after barrel... Finally!!!

Sweet find dude, I really want to find one of these. Sadly my Malmart sucks balls and any other large retailer is an hour away in Indy or Cinci, and who wants to go to those?
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#25 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:04 PM

My god.... I'm so glad that i kept the mount for the front of my Longshot... I think the front "barrel" might be long enough to cover my after barrel... Finally!!!

Sweet find dude, I really want to find one of these. Sadly my Malmart sucks balls and any other large retailer is an hour away in Indy or Cinci, and who wants to go to those?

Where do you live??
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users