At2k Problem

Resolved. Thanks

17 replies to this topic

#1 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

Ok, I just tried opening the at2k by first taking off the pump cap. I tryed dremeling it and then hacksawing it off. WHen I finally got it off, it pulled the inner sleeve off too, so now I can fully remove the pump.

ANd, to make matters worse, the goo gauge is ALWAYS filled up, fill or not, the goo gauge is ALL the way full.

SO, I think I'm royally screwed right now so someone please tell me if and how this can be fixed, and a better way of removing the pump cap.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by xNFx 37, 01 January 2008 - 02:42 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

I'm not sure about the cap. You should be able to pry it off.

And yes it is terrible stock.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

It can be dremeled off, but I took a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to it and pryed the heck out of it, and it came off in about 3 pieces. It isn't that hard to get off.

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

10 feet? Your lucky- all my darts didn't go out of the barrel. I just unscrewed it all, and pulled until is broke off. Looks bad but shoots great.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

At2ks are terrible stock. I hack sawed my first cap off and the second on got the smashed with a hammer treatment.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#6 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:48 AM

Mine wasn't that bad they got like 25 feet stock. But then I traded both of them for a 3k... Man What a dumb decision I made.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

Not really. I traded a singled 2k for a stock 3k. Best Nerf decision I ever made. The 2k is only good as a pistol to me.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

please read first post
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#9 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

The goo gauge is useless. I suggest you see cxwq's goo gauge removal if it bothers you that much. It really shouldn't make a difference.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:30 PM

About your AT2k's shell; yep,it's pretty much screwed in my opinion. You could try gluing the shell piece back (if it's not totally destroyed during the removal process), or you could glue a crosspiece of plastic to the pump end... or you could be like me and just use disciplined pumping (hard to do in the thick of a fight) so you don't yank the handle out.

It happens. I've messed up a half-dozen AT2k shells already, many of them right there at the cap. Sometimes they pop right off with little effort, sometimes it's like you need dynamite to get it off (and part of the outer shell). My latest broken shell 2k now has it's internals in my SM 1500.

About the goo gauge; if your modded 2k shoots about average range (depends on your darts; most of them shoot micro stefans 70-90 feet), then I wouldn't let it bother me. It could be that the rubber diaphragm in the gauge is stuck pushing the goo up, making it look "full" all the time. I myself wouldn't try to hack it off, only because experience tells me that once the original seals on the tanks are compromised (either by breakage or by modification), it's only a matter of time before you have to go back and re-repair/ periodically repair the same spot over and over again. Air blasters are finicky like that.

Good luck and don't be discouraged. It wouldn't hurt to ask around NerfHaven if anyone has a 2k shell they could sell you/ donate to you. I'd give you one for the cost of shipping, but postals from Hawaii are as much as a new 2k (if you can even find one anymore at those limited sales, etc.)

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

Well if worst comes to worst you could always just glue the outer pump part to the shell with some hot glue. But if you do this be liberal feel free to use alot and if you mess up just reheat the glue with hot water and it will become maleable again so you came get the pump out. But really the goo gauge doent matter I personally did the mod in my guns and it worked rather well its just if you pump it too much the goo gauge will fail. I think at 10 pumps or something like that. But as Piney said don't be discouraged most blasters are very forgiving and can be fixed, to a certain point. Good luck.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:50 AM

You could find a suitable cap. Pvc cap, cpvc cap, bottle cap, medicine bottle cap, any cap. That would fit decently over the pump tube and machine the X shape into place. Or you could take the broken pieces and put them back in place using super glue and plumbers goop.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

Are you sure the goo guage doesn't always appear to be full because it's laying on its side?
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#14 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

I'm sure the goo gauge isn't full because it's on the side. It never fills up all the way even if you pump it four times.

I'm not really concrned about the case, but the goo gauge blowin up in my face. BEcause if the rubber membrane is up, UNPUMPED, and you pump it, it will explode. I read a topic about someone going deaf from that for like 5 minutes, so that's not in my best interest. But what I don't understand is why the goo gauge crapped out on me when I cut the pump cap off. The pump is in fine condition though.

Can I just use CX's method to drain the goo gauge like he did on his 3k? Or do I have to fill it with epoxy and shit?

I do have another 2k and a kohls like 20 minutes from my house so buying more isnt' a problem but I don't want my first one dead.

EDit: I am the suck with air guns. MY 3k had many problems too.

Edited by xNFx 37, 01 January 2008 - 09:15 AM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#15 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

For the goo gauge, either do Cx's mod, or just drill a hole in the top of the gauge to drain it.
Unless, you want to act on the airtank expansion theory. Cx, however, proved that it had no impact on range.

EDIT: Oh, right. What I did was open the gauge like Cxwq, drain the goo, but then I filled that whole cavity at the end of the gauge with hot glue. After filling it up to the small lip, the pressure an at2k takes can NOT blow it out.

Edited by lionhead333, 01 January 2008 - 09:42 AM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#16 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

For the goo gauge, either do Cx's mod, or just drill a hole in the top of the gauge to drain it.
Unless, you want to act on the airtank expansion theory. Cx, however, proved that it had no impact on range.

EDIT: Oh, right. What I did was open the gauge like Cxwq, drain the goo, but then I filled that whole cavity at the end of the gauge with hot glue. After filling it up to the small lip, the pressure an at2k takes can NOT blow it out.

Wait, so unscrew the screws, punch a hole in the rubber membrane, drain the goo, and fill the goo tube with hot glue?

Correct me if i'm wrong
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#17 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

Yeah thats what you do just dont mess up the outside edges of the membrane or the gun will leak. Really a small hole in the middle is all you need. But when mine blew up it wasnt the top part of the goo gauge the bottom part like blew off but it really didnt defen me. Really its up to you what you decide to do. Thats the buety of these guns is that there are so many possibilities for them and its all up to the modder as to how to do it.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#18 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:17 AM

Guys, only puncture the membrane to do an expansion. If you just want to put the glue on, lift the membrane out completely.
EDIT: Punctuation error.

Edited by lionhead333, 02 January 2008 - 07:18 AM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users