Semi-auto Maverick

Sorry, not a writeup

1 reply to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

I finished this a while ago, but finally got around to taking some pictures of it this morning. My version of a semi-auto Maverick. I take no credit, as this has been done before. To do a proper write up I would have to build another which I have no intentions of doing. Also plans could change greatly depending on the materials you have access to. So I'll just briefly explain what I did: the internals of the Mav. are very similar to rusty's semi-auto Maverick.(check mods directory) I had some leftover 3" PVC which I just popped some endcaps on and put in a standard tire valve. All that left is the fittings for the tubing. On the tank there is a threaded/barbed(male) brass fitting, which goes to one almost identical to it(female) on the other end of a 3ft long 1/4 diameter acrylic tube. A smaller barb coming off the valve tubing with a male thread is same size threading on the female barbed piece. Just screw and glue the fittings from the valve to the tube coming off the tank and you get this:

Posted Image

Fittings:

Posted Image

Currently ranges are in the mid 30's. Although, the valve is opening prematurely to the spin of the turret. If I fix this, ranges would be more like mid 50's.

EDIT: click on pics for bigger ones.

Edited by Matt31, 29 December 2007 - 10:37 AM.

"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

Wyatt Earp baby!

Definitely cool. Good luck with the range-fixing.
Sup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users