Air tank won't hold air

4 replies to this topic

#1 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

I need help, my air tank wouldn't hold air before till about 3 pumps, now it won't hold air at all. I didn't rupture the tank, i checked, all it does it push the air out of the barrel, instead of holding it in the airtank. Can any one help me? Thanks.

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:33 AM

Sounds like you've got something stuck in the valve. Try holding down the trigger and pumping really fast. If that doesn't work, open the gun up, spray some silicone lube on the valve and try it again. Pumping up really fast then firing should work too. Whatever is on your valve should come loose and come off from all the air pressure on it.

#3 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:36 AM

This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I am not entirely sure what I did., but I think you should crack the gun back open, take the pump out of the shaft, then put it back in. Then like renegade said, hold down the trigger and pump as fast as you can about 5 times. If there is any rupture in the tank, I think this will fix it. :angry: . I am not entirely sure though

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:01 AM

I am having the same problem with my (newly purchased, in box, from a retail store...not old and off eBay, or something) AT3k.

After opening the blaster and inspecting it, I found that if the valve's pin is only partially pulled back, the valve will not close all the way. If I pulled the pin all the way back and let it go quickly, the valve would close all the way about 95% of the time.

To fix this, I tried:

1. Spraying silicone into the front of the open air tank as well as on the pin (while the pin was pulled back as far as possible). This worked at first, but (I suppose) that the silicone came off the pin and after 6-10 shots it was not much better that before.

2. Figuring that, somehow, the spring that closed the valve was weak, I tried banding the pin (I would need a picture to explain how I did it, but I can'rt get one right now). It seemed to work fine, until I went to a war a few days later and, when I went to use it for a round, the rotation mechanism wasn't working. A quick diagnosis lead to the conclusion that the band had shifted and gotten in the way of some internal mechanism. I therefore took the band off.

I haven't done much with the 3k since the war, but the last time I tried it, it was in the following condition: sometimes it works fine, other times...not so much.

My suggestion would be to try some silicone like I did, first...maybe it will work better for you. Then, try banding it (in a way such that the rubber band will not shift and render the turret rotation mechanism useless.

Good luck, and let me know if you discover a different solution.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 vaan

vaan

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

Thanks guys, i'll try a few of those suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users