Photo

Longshot Trouble

11 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

Ok I have got issues with my Long Shot. When I tried to mod it to take the air restrictor out, all I saw at the end of the plunger tube was a black cap with no three prongs coming out, as Carrtoon said there would be. I will post pics soon to explain this. Any advice is very welcome as this is my first real mod apart from barrel replacements.
Thanks
MSDFS

quick edit yes I need a bit of help selecting a spring for the trigger plate/catch due to when I put a BBB spring in, it would not cock due to the pressure being too much for the tiny spring. I tried one from a sharpshooter 2 but that was too stiff, and I am trying a spring from a pen. Should I glue the spring in or not?
Also, does the arm that is attached to the trigger plate that indicates the red and green window do anything else? I took it out and I am not to sure what to do with it.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 27 December 2007 - 07:07 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

Hot glue it in. If it doesn't work, you can always scrape the hot glue out.

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Now I have got the gun cocking and everything, but my clip wont go in straight. It is hard to explain but when I stick it in, the sides of the clip get stuck on one side of the bolt, making the thing impossible to load. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 27 December 2007 - 07:09 PM.

#4 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

:D .... here- http://nerfhaven.com...opic=7527&st=60
I know you are extremely new here, so I am not going to flame you, (partly because I don't have the right to), but please look at sme of the LS mods on this thread, it is pinned, so you can look at it anytime. And you should post your questions on the LS help thread. You won't get flamed there. I just don't want to see people get suspended for being a new person that doesn't know about the haven in detail.

Edited by CornMan, 27 December 2007 - 03:49 PM.

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

:D .... here-http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7527&st=60
I know you are extremely new here, so I am not going to flame you, (partly because I don't have the right to), but please look at sme of the LS mods on this thread, it is pinned, so you can look at it anytime. And you should post your questions on the LS help thread. You won't get flamed there. I just don't want to see people get suspended for being a new person that doesn't know about the haven in detail.

I am sorry I got validated yesterday. I found something on this problem from someone saying that CaptainSlug helped him out so I Emailed him. Hopefully he can help me out a bit.
I didn't know there was an LS help thread until now.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 27 December 2007 - 07:09 PM.

#6 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:51 PM

It's fine. I just don't want to see you get suspended for something you had no clue about. I hope that helps.

#7 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

ok now ive got the gun cocking and everything, my clip wont go in straight. Its hard to explain but when I stick it in, the sides of the clip get stuck on one side of the bolt, making the thing impossible to load. any advice would be very appreciated.

Sand/ hack saw the back of the dart catch things at the top of the clip.

#8 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

ok now ive got the gun cocking and everything, my clip wont go in straight. Its hard to explain but when I stick it in, the sides of the clip get stuck on one side of the bolt, making the thing impossible to load. any advice would be very appreciated.

Sand/ hack saw the back of the dart catch things at the top of the clip.

Ok I will try this but first assure me that this will not wreck my clip. I dont want to buy a new clip for nothing.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 27 December 2007 - 07:10 PM.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

If you add a stronger spring the bolt will sit further forward when primed. This makes it get in the way of the top of the clip. The solution is the trim the rear of the clip. Like shown on the clip on the left.
Posted Image
This was already pointed out by me in the Stickied thread.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 December 2007 - 04:28 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

Thank you very much everyone for all the help with my noob questions. I trimmed the back of one of my clips and now it works fine. I by accident removed the clip lock so im going to replace that. I have not measured the range yet but I think that it would easily get 70-80ft. Thanks again for all the help and support. Write up will come soon.

I am sorry that now all your quotes of me are screwed up but I got a grammar warning from One Man Clan, so I went back to edit the grammar.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 27 December 2007 - 07:11 PM.

#11 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

Just to note, you didn't have to trim the clip. On my longshot, I did Inventor guy's mod with cpvc, and a new spring. Once you trim the bolt back, the clip has room to spare.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#12 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:29 PM

Just to note, you didn't have to trim the clip. On my longshot, I did Inventor guy's mod with cpvc, and a new spring. Once you trim the bolt back, the clip has room to spare.

If there's the option to, I would much rather recommend modding something that can be replaced easily.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users