Photo

Streamline Taggers

8 replies to this topic

#1 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

Ok. Christmas is so close I can taste it. But more importantly, that means my longshot is so close I can taste it. I'm getting obsessed. So one day I was browsing somewhere I don't remember, and i heard that taggers get jammed in a longshot. I decided to fix that. (note, i have no way to test if this works until Christmas)
So here is everything you'll need:
1) Tagger dart
2) Hot glue gun with glue stick
3) Scissors
4) Fishing weight (Optional)
Posted Image

First: cut off the tip
Posted Image

Then, you'll need to plug up the foam part with hot glue so air doesn't just go right through. You could also add a weight now, but I can't find mine right now.
Posted Image

Then, cut the tip in half like this:
Posted Image

next cut the rubber out from between the velcro
Posted Image

you might need to trim the velcro to fir on the foam. now put a couple drops of hot glue on the top
Posted Image

add the velcro
Posted Image

And finally, the finished product
Posted Image
Now you have a dart that will (I hope) work consistently in the longshot, and stick to tagger vests.

Edit: Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera was burning through batteries, and I wanted to get all my pictures before they ran out.

Edited by bobafett109, 23 December 2007 - 02:42 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

That will work if you have enough weight.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

Pretty cool...i might try that if i get a LS
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#4 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

That is interesting and a good idea. People do this often but they just throw away the whole tip and bot a BB or something inside the dart. I feel your excitement too, I am getting a LS for Christmas luckily I get to open it tommorow night instead of Christmas day. I find the dart tag vests kind of stupid though. Most people should be mature enough to follow the honor system and everything. Good job anyway.

Edited by venom213, 23 December 2007 - 04:16 PM.

#5 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

Most people don't use the dart tag vests, but do you have any idea how funny it is when you shoot a tagger at somebody, and it sticks to the back of their clothing? You should see them trying to see what your laughing about and running around in circles trying to get the tagger off.

#6 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

Most people don't use the dart tag vests, but do you have any idea how funny it is when you shoot a tagger at somebody, and it sticks to the back of their clothing? You should see them trying to see what your laughing about and running around in circles trying to get the tagger off.

Do they work in hair? Because that would be pretty funny...
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#7 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Eh.. Good Idea. I had not thought of that. good job. Especially for a new person. (notice I did not call you a noob. you have been promomted to new person). But the only prob is that they would be expensive. you have to buy taggers, but cool. or you could salvage the tagers and hot glue the velcro to the strealine and help the strealine's accuracy a bit. But it might be too wide for the ls. The streamers are thinner than taggers, just a heads up.

#8 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

( ^ still a noob himself. Until the utilization of grammar is embedded into your brain, your still noobish)

I've tried this, but not with the velcro on top. This is interesting, but will probably hurt more because of the tiny hooks that the velcro is. I like the concept, though, and I might be wrong, but I think that if your using a modded LS the velco becomes obsolete because of the force that the dart is ejected with. Clever, though. Good way to increase range in any stock gun, while still using the vests.

#9 bobafett109

bobafett109

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:23 PM

This is interesting, but will probably hurt more because of the tiny hooks that the velcro is.

I've shot myself in the hand from like 1 foot away with a NF (Ars removed) using a stock tagger and it didn't hurt.

And a bunch of teens-adults running around commando style with brightly colored peaces of plastic that shoot foam isn't funny?

The streamers are thinner than taggers, just a heads up.

That's why you cut the velcro part to be smaller than the foam

You could also use this with just the tip, and stick the velcro on a stefan if the foam from the tagger is bent/messed up

EDIT: Oh, wait, did you mean the streamlines have a smaller diameter? Or is just the tip smaller?

Edited by bobafett109, 24 December 2007 - 11:01 AM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Feb 17 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(FoamSniper @ Feb 18 2008, 12:08 AM) View Post

You're probably all wondering how to get a range of 95' from a mech 20

I was figuring you threw it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users