Please Help!!!!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

I have a problem.

I do mods and painjobs for anypne who's willing to pay. My problem is that my parents won't let me do mods anymore because I become liable and could have legal issues. My idea was to make a contract or liability form.

Please help.

Edited by Spectre666, 20 December 2007 - 09:54 PM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#2 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

I just got this off of an eBay seller's listing, and then edited it to suit your needs:

BY PURCHASING GUN/DARTS YOU AGREE TO AND ARE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING! Gun described is very powerful and leaves welts! Do not use it at all without AT LEAST eye protection. NEVER point dart gun at any animals or people unless they are in an agreed and organized dart gun fight with you and have proper eye protection! Do not put anything other then foam darts down the barrel. Do not modify gun or darts in any way. Do not ingest any darts, the gun, or its contents in any way. Keep out of reach of children. Only use with teens+ unless you are SURE others can handle it. NEVER point it at anyone six or under. I cannot be responsible for the gun once it leaves my hands. You, the buyer are liable for anything that happens with this gun once you receive it.

-Buyer's signiture here-

You would keep a copy of that on MS word and in paper.

Oh and BTW, you posted like 3 topics

Edited by precisionnerfer, 20 December 2007 - 10:02 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#3 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

Thanks a bunch, and yeah, I know, there was an internal server error.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#4 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

I figured it was something like that, but it has to happen to some poor soul; just giving you a head's up. Actually I wrote that, and thought it out for a long time, thinking that if anyone could hurt anyone else with a gun bearing that disclaimer, they would be in special school or worse. An interesting approach to your parents would be to say
"An eBay seller who has sold many guns [blasters] used this disclaimer and his competitors copied it for their descriptions."

And then you could give them this link

I know it's dated and the gun doesn't get 100" consistently, but it will be an example worth showing.

Just trying to help... good luck with your small biz.

-PN

Edited by precisionnerfer, 20 December 2007 - 10:18 PM.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#5 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

Why do people seem to be having problems with posting duplicate topics? Seriously, make sure it doesn't happen again.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#6 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:01 AM

I know this is off topic, but it has to do with the internal server errors and such. If you receive one, do not refresh the page, and do not click post reply/topic.

If you worry about it; then hit the back button, then copy your message, go to the home page and then check the thread to see if your message has been placed.

I've had this happen to me here, and at a few other forums and the same trick works perfectly. If someone with the power can slap this on the front page or stick it somewhere where people will see this, then I feel that there will be fewer multi posts.

Just my little snippit of the intwebz.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

You know that having someone sign that little piece of paper isn't going to cover your ass all that much, right? At least get the signature notorized, if you don't want a true legal document (which I doubt you'll have the time/money to get - no offense). Notary fees are very low, and while I accept that you might not be making much, if you're truely worried about losing this business to your parent's "tyranny," telling them you're going to get "contracts" notorized might show them a great deal of maturity and make them feel like you can do this safely(in the legal sense).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users