Big Bad Bow Leak?

Plus other random stuff

3 replies to this topic

#1 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

Well a while ago I bought a BBB did the Big Bad Sexy mod to it and it worked fine. I had to ramrod stefans down the barrel though, and that annoyed me. Still, it got 100 feet. So now I tried making a breech...and there are just so many problems now.

Posted Image
That's what the internals look like. Anything else behind that I didn't do anything to.

Posted Image
Looking down the... barrel thing. I put hot glue all around that so when I tried pushing a stefan back with CPVC trying to get it up there, it didn't just go back too far. The diameter of the circle left where the air can get through is just enough so I could fit a small sized hot glue stick down there.

Posted Image
That probably doesn't explain much, but since CPVC fits my darts really tightly, I took a file to it and scraped out lots of the pipe. So, the dart can slide down easier through the first 2 inches or so.

In case those pictures didn't explain much, this is basically it:
I have 3/4" PVC attached to the thing that attaches to the plunger tube. There is a layer of craft foam in there so CPVC will fit in it. Then there's a hole dremeled out so a dart can fit down there when the CPVC isn't in it. Then, I put a dart in and push the CPVC back, hoping the dart would go up the CPVC so I wouldn't have to ramrod it. However, there is still about half an inch of the stefan sticking out the back of the barrel.

So when I try and shoot it, it doesn't work. The dart just slowly moves up the barrel. After about 4 or so shots the dart finally comes out but it only goes like 30 feet.
Palm beach is in florida you dingaling face.

#2 mp130

mp130

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

Do you have any pictures of the breech itself? the seal might not be airtight. How long is your barrel? If the dart just moves up, your barrel might be too long.
QUOTE(DJRayza @ May 2 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
the range is to that of a midget hurling a small cow

#3 tyrant bb

tyrant bb

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

Well, the breech itself would definitely not be airtight, but thats another reason why I added all the hot glue.

Posted Image
The CPVC is in that in that picture, and you can't really see but its under all the hot glue. So when all the air comes out, it should just go in that little hole.

Oh yeah, the barrel is 8.5 inches, that shouldn't be a problem though cause it was like that before I made this breech and it easily shot 100 feet.

Edited by tyrant_bb, 21 December 2007 - 09:05 PM.

Palm beach is in florida you dingaling face.

#4 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:18 AM

Well, in the 3/4 in. PVC make a slot a little bigger than your darts. Pull the CPVC back a little and you can push the dart into the back of the barrel. THen try adding more craft foam and even e-tape.

Hope this helps
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users