Photo

Nerfhq?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

What's wrong with Nerfhq's discussion forums? When I click the link it brings me to an error page. Is anyone else having this problem? It's just with the forum for me.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

The Wiki is also down. They're having database server problems.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:13 PM

I was just about to post. It's been down before, but never this long that I can remember.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#4 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

I know that this sort of discussion isn't always approved of, but NHQ has been down for quite some time and I have some actual information to say.

I just talked to JSkater who had talked to Spanky (NHQ Webmaster) earlier on. He said that NHQ's server is changing IPs which is causing this problem. No word on when it will be back up.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#5 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:06 AM

I saw it was down also. If they are changing ip's then it may take a long time it took my dads site a month.
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:05 AM

I know that this sort of discussion isn't always approved of

Oh, you are so fucking banned!

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

I saw it was down also. If they are changing ip's then it may take a long time it took my dads site a month.

This would not take place. The process of changing IPs involves a short waiting period that happens when DNS servers all across the 'net redirect to the new IP. It would never take a month unless someone messed something up. And since it's something that's nearly entirely automated (save for your dad/dad's company changing the IP) there's noone to mess anything up.

Edited by RAMBO, 20 December 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#8 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:08 PM

it was not the automated process that took long it was all the people haveing to make sure everything was working okay and testing the firewalls with the new ip plus a a bunch of dumbass tech people who kept delaying it.
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#9 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:00 AM

I know that this sort of discussion isn't always approved of

Oh, you are so fucking banned!

Fuck!

See you all in a few years!

-Diablo

#10 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

I doubt you will be seeing us, but be hearing from us. Sorry for not contributing ot this thread but I feel nothing has to be done, and Im also a little specticalabout people thinking they will se me since Im probably atleast 100 miles away from most of you. But whatever.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#11 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

I doubt you will be seeing us, but be hearing from us. Sorry for not contributing ot this thread but I feel nothing has to be done, and Im also a little specticalabout people thinking they will se me since Im probably atleast 100 miles away from most of you. But whatever.

Mile? Come on man, use the metric system. You call yourself a Canadian... And I'm pretty sure Diablo isn't getting banned, just a little admin-to-admin-on-a-different-website humor.

Edited by penguin807, 21 December 2007 - 05:35 PM.

#12 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Yah I just had to say something, I felt it in my stomach, I wasnt really thinking.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#13 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

I know this is a slightly old topic, and I know I might be flamed for this, but NerfHQ is fixed.
kthxbaisend

#14 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

I thought HQ was down because Spanky realized how gay it was, and took it off the internet.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#15 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

I thought HQ was down because Spanky realized how gay it was, and took it off the internet.

I second that Notion. You notice how even after being down for a month they only managed people to post 2 new threads?

Some population they got there.
Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

EARN EASY MONEY... 100's a month.

#16 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

I second that Notion. You notice how even after being down for a month they only managed people to post 2 new threads?

Some population they got there.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

The Merits of The NIC Have nothing to do with Fucking posting shit on a forum. This Community exists AS A MUTHERFUCKING WHOLE, It's about FUCKING NERF, not about forum posts or which forum things are posted on, Honestly, it has Nothing to do with forums ...at all.

unfortunately too many seem to have forgotten that ... and that's just sad.

There is ONE Nerf Community, and we're all part of it.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 04 January 2008 - 01:51 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#17 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hoorah, I think we should stop talking about post ethics and other forums immediately. Nerfhaven is for us to post about nerf not other forums or how we post.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#18 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

If you don't like a Nerf site, don't go there. Flaming it because it isn't as active as another isn't doing anything except making you look like a tool. Instead of taking the time to go to NerfHQ, figure out that there were only two new threads, and then make a dumbass reply to this topic...you could have done something productive.

I mean wasn't it you, The Metal Bullet, who said "I honestly do see an overall quality level lowering as new members come in."? Don't you see this as being quite hypocritical, considering your post in this thread was completely useless? I don't sit around NerfHQ making fun of the Haven. I like this site, I think it has many good things to offer the NIC. I think that NerfHQ has good things to offer the NIC as well. Were you aware that there is a NerfWiki in production over there? Probably not, because you're too busy jumping on the "bash NHQ" bandwagon, if you will.

I don't expect the Founders over here to defend NerfHQ; that's not their job. But I wouldn't put it past them to take up your own advice, "I do not know how many more 9999 day specials the admins of NH have to hand out until the point gets across."

My guess is that if you don't stop acting like a complete douche, they'll be one more 9999 day special closer to the perfection you seek.

-Diablo

#19 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:07 AM

Wow... Don't get Diablo worked up or he's likely to blow his load all over your face.

So, Metal Bullet, do you spit or....you...you swalllow don't you? Oh, that is filthy! You Filthy Slut! .....What are you doing tonight?

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:30 AM

And now for an actual constructive question: Any idea when the Wiki will be back up?
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#21 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

VACC makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

As far as the wiki goes, I'm not sure. I asked the rest of the mods and admins over at NerfHQ, so hopefully Spanky will see my question, figure out why it's down, and remedy the situation.

-Diablo

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:54 AM

Well, for those of you too lazy to type 10 characters in your search engine's address bar, NerfHQ is up and functioning as of 2:52 am on Saturday morning. Oh, I'm on top of this shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users