Slide Lock

New idea I think...

16 replies to this topic

#1 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

I was messing around with my crossfire one day and thought “Gee! Why doesn’t this have a slide lock!?” Not really. But anyway, I decided to make one, just to up the cool-factor. I also minimized it, taking a lot off of the slide, and cutting of the ammo holders. This is not revolutionary, but I filled it up with something with some dimension to give it some looks-like-it-should-be-there-ness. This has no effect on the gun’s performance, it just looks cool.

Close-up of the slide lock:
Posted Image

The lock itself:
Posted Image
All it is a small piece of plastic that I had laying around my house. I drilled two holes, one for the catch, and one for the lever, and dremeled out the curved area. The spring is a RFR catch spring, and it rests in a small hole drilled close to the pivot screw.

The finished product:
Posted Image

And a little video of how it works:
Posted Image

The only thing I had to do to the SLIDE was cutting a small portion down to form a ramp, and to cut the notch (can be seen in first picture). Theoretically this can be applied to any slide gun, and is completely removable if your need to cock you gun quickly.

Comments? Criticism? Advice?

Edited by Maeric, 18 December 2007 - 06:16 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#2 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

Let me be the first to say, NICE JOB!
kthxbaisend

#3 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:16 PM

Thats pretty good.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#4 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:32 PM

Does it improve/change the performance in any way?

#5 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:42 PM

This has no effect on the gun’s performance, it just looks cool.

Uh... You tell me, Swifto.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#6 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:48 PM

My bad.

I guess if you wanted to you could put some rubber bands on...

#7 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

STOP POSTING IN MY THREAD SWIFTO!!!!
Dude, c'mon really. You can't internally band a crossfire that well, if at all. I haven't tried. And if you meant the slide? What the hell for?! Like I said. Stop.

Edited by Maeric, 18 December 2007 - 08:10 PM.

#8 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

Dude, c'mon really. You can't internally band a crossfire that well, if at all. I haven't tried. And if you meant the slide? What the hell for?! Like I said. Stop.

Yea, Swifto. A crossfire doesn't work like a NF. It may have seemed like that in the video, but no. And can I still post in your thread? Even if I don't really plan to.

Edited by n-strike, 18 December 2007 - 10:16 PM.

kthxbaisend

#9 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

What the shit, dude? Lay off the steroids. It may have been a stupid question, but he wasn't being particularly annoying or anything. He apologized for missing something you said and made a small suggestion, and you blew up.

It's a pretty cool mod, though.

#10 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:41 PM

Normally I would kindly explain, but there are two things that I absolutely hate, Giving suggestions about a gun that you don't know about, or asking questions that were explained in the first post. He hit both right on the head. If it were one or the other... Eh, yeah I wouldn't have yelled, but he did both. and thanks for the compliments guys.

#11 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

I think a lot of people get mad at swifto because he doesnt know how to read. He is retarted so calm down, its not his fault he cant read.

On topic- I dont see any real use in this for the crossfire but if your into homemades this would definetly be usefull fo ra trigger mechanism.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#12 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

Cool idea man
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#13 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

Just a question you think it could work on other guns ?
namely the Maverick?
Retired Australian Nerfer Due To University
=[

#14 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

Yeah I kinda noticed that about Swifto.... Anyway, thanks for all the comments, and yes I believe that it would work on any gun with a spring loaded slide. I would try it on my Maverick... but its kinda an airgun now, and the only function that the slide serves is to actuate the breech.

EDIT: Thanks guys! you gave me a great idea for my Mav before I post it! (which will be later tonight or late tomorrow)

Edited by Maeric, 19 December 2007 - 05:27 PM.

#15 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:38 PM

So that was your mav that was on steroids with the at2k guts? Man, I gotta give you props.

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

He is retarted so calm down, its not his fault he cant read.

Wow.
SexD Warves

#17 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

Mmmmm. Braindead after my math finals... BLEH! Any way, yeah my Mav has an airgun, but its a super soaker from when they were still owned by Larami. I got an idea to put a slide lock on my Mav too, and just band the slide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users