Are You A Helpfull Nerfer?

do you think you are ?

25 replies to this topic

#1 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:57 AM

Ok just asking people if they see themself as a kindhearted nerfer or a mean badass nerfer.

what do i mean ?...
Are you a kind of nerfer that would share u are darts to a teammate out of darts
or help a person pick out a gun if they seem in need
or others

If your a mean nerfer.
You aim for people out of darts
or that are picking up darts intentionally
tapping people hard so they get hurt.
or any other mean/bad things.

I see myself as a kind nerfer .
(i usually let people pick up darts and not shoot them or pass around at least some of my spare ammo to mates.)
I also helped a lady just today looking at nerf guns
presumed she was buying it for Christmas.
I saw her eye on the reactor ball blaster.
Her reason was that the other guns would break stuff in their house (also the price)
i told her to get a maverick and explained that the balls are more prone to recking stuff than maverick darts
she said thanks and we were off our way she even asked me "do you even work here"
which i politely answered "na, no i dont".

Edited by ltvills, 17 December 2007 - 08:17 AM.

Retired Australian Nerfer Due To University
=[

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:04 AM

Please fix you grammar, refrain from usingchat speak and refere to nerf ammo as darts not bullets please.
Thank you for your time.

I would consider myself to be a fusion of the two. I will help my team out but will also go out of my way and put my whole team in danger to go get a really cool barrel tap or execution. And yes, when I'm playing with my friends I have been known to take a human shield now and again.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:22 AM

wow a human shield ...
what do you mean about execution ?
if your like my friend he charges while our enemy is reloading and taps them across the head .
he gave a friend of ours a blood nose, pistol wiping with his maverick

he is also known to give bruises when tapping (i have had a couple myself)
ironically his name is bruce
=[

#4 Stelven

Stelven

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

i usually shoot people in the head, but i dont know if that is considered mean or not. When we are playing with newbs, i usually try to give them a little room and not shoot them right away.

#5 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

Helpful is spelt with one l at the end.

To answer your question, I'd say I'm neither. I won't go out of my way to get a head shot with my Titan, nor will I stop and wait for people to reload. I also usually don't help people pick Nerf guns because I'm a nice guy; it's because I'm bored at the time.

Edited by penguin807, 17 December 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#6 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

I think Hybrid is going to be very common, considering everyone wants to get an execution shot once in a while. I certianly am. I dislike headshots, considering some of the rules being made around here void headshot kills and take me out. But if someone is out of ammo, I'll suicide myself just to recite the Sheperds Prayer. If they run out of ammo, either they've fought valiantly enough to die with honor, or they didn't carry enough into battle. I bring spare guns to matches only because it lets me build favors, and the people who need my guns usually have no problem drawing fire so I can maneuver.
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#7 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

HAHA! Are you kidding?! ME?! Yeah right, I am one mean-ass nerfer. I go for people out of ammo and reloading, headshot-a-palooza. Human-shields... It's strategy, not being mean. And I'm ruthlessly efficient. Hehe. Yeah thats me in a nutshell.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#8 C-A 99

C-A 99

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

I'm usually more kindhearted (or at least not trying to look badass), but if someone's head is the only target presented, I'll have to shoot that. I do pass darts around (this is more of a tactical matter than who you are) and use charge-up attacks as well as attacking another while they're reloading. (though most people don't stick around to get shot at while reloading) The headshots aren't an issue because we only use stock darts and blasters right now. (we don't even use eye protection, though we probably should; if a stiff, well sealed dart that hardly fits in the barrel of a NF hits someone's eye at point blank, that would not be comfortable)

Either way, I don't care much about status, how nice or mean I look, etc. I just play.

#9 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

HAHA! Are you kidding?! ME?! Yeah right, I am one mean-ass nerfer. I go for people out of ammo and reloading, headshot-a-palooza. Human-shields... It's strategy, not being mean. And I'm ruthlessly efficient. Hehe. Yeah thats me in a nutshell.

Remind me to getsolid concrete wall before reloading in a war with you.

Hybrid for me. No I don't aim for the head but I do take someone out if they're reloading. Saves me some trouble later on. Human sheilds I only did once and it was harsh. my brothers friend took 5 to the chest before I dropped him. It was harsh.
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

I think "mean" is a bit strong of a word. I'm...effective, not malicious. I don't aim for heads, but if someone is behind a trench, around a corner, or lying down and the only target they give me is their head, I won't hesitate. A couple weeks ago I shot a "prairie-dogger" in the face from about thirty feet with my SM1500. He bled, got pissed, and shoved my gun barrel first into the dirt (I supply everybody with guns...I have enough primaries to supply all the attendants of any war). I felt bad for the guy because he was stupid enough to think his head was too small of a target. And he's 22 year old who lost his temper at a NERF war. Frankly, I was a little pleased to watch the blood trickle down his nose. As for shooting people who are picking up darts, of course I do it. I NEVER pick up darts durring a battle. I carry at least 100 on me and if I'm getting low, I'll go back to my base and refill my pockets/pouches. If I'm close to someone who has an unloaded gun I'll barrel tap them, and not deliberately hard. But if they are five feet away and reloading, I won't chance it. I'll pull out my side-arm and shoot 'em. If they have a loaded gun pointed at me, I don't care if I'm holding a titan from eight feet away. I'll point at there legs/abdomen and make them realize you shouldn't stand too close to somebody with a singled titan. Basically, I try not to hurt people too badly, but I will do WHATEVER it takes to win, but I will not get mad in a NERF war.

#11 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Maeric sounds much like a Rambo character ...
homicidal with his teammates ..
i don't know if i want to go against him or fight beside him ...

both sounds dangerous ..
=[

#12 precisionnerfer

precisionnerfer

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:36 PM

As much as I don't really like topics that don't contribute to Nerfing, [no off. anyone] this one I would love to talk about.

Me? I'm practical and blunt. Allow me to elaborate:

Head shots? No, not really. I try to aim right in the middle of the chest every time I can. If your head is sticking out, sure I'll shoot it, but that also applies for your foot, fingers, or penis. *Joking*

Well, I also do headshots if the following happens:

I shoot someone, I know it. They might even know it, but what they say is that they didn't feel it.

I make a mental note to take care of that next time we meet! If I ever shoot them again, I aim for their head, specifically their face, so that little misunderstanding does not occur again.

But anyways, I am practical so yes I do dish out darts if I need too, and always try to do what is best for the team. Why not blitz people when they reload? That's their problem they couldn't shoot you. If I did every time they ran out, I wouldn't get near as many hits! No human shields; that is for babies and cowards. For Nerfing, it may be a little different, but I like to use the same tactics and fair play in NERF as I would in a real battle.
Also, when I play with noobs, I am merciless. This will actually help them learn quickly.

I love helping people in stores, it makes me feel good to know that I helped someone get a good gun. However, one time, I saw some guy walking away with a firefly, saying how his last one stunk.
I told him they all stink, and he could get a modified gun off eBay, and they were really good. He looked at me really funny, and then I looked down and noticed that I was buying 3 NF's and 2 mav's....
"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."
-Piney-
"It is amazing what a bit of conversation can do, as apposed to just *^$(*#*^ about it."
-AJAQ-

#13 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

Well, I play with some younger kids and proceed to shoot them in a Penny Arcade or execution style format.

I slide blasters on the ground to bait the enemy.

I go for the kid whose foot is SLIGHTLY protruding from cover.

I rush, go for the most vulnerable in the pack, and most importantly, use "illegal blasters" (stock Magstrike).

If the enemy don't feel humility after losing, you did not win psychologically therefore losing the overall battle.

Representin' Sun Tzu 4izzle (please don't ban me, please don't ban me, please don't ban me)
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#14 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

Well I am a nice to my teammates but kinda blunt with my enemies kind of guy. I will shoot headshots if I need to but I aim more for chest area because it has a higher hit %. If i see a enemy picking up darts I shoot the fool.
If an enemy is out of ammo I barrel tap. if he is reloading I pop him with my nightfinder.
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#15 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:14 AM

wow a human shield ...
what do you mean about execution ?
if your like my friend he charges while our enemy is reloading and taps them across the head .
he gave a friend of ours a blood nose, pistol wiping with his maverick

he is also known to give bruises when tapping (i have had a couple myself)
ironically his name is bruce

Yup. I will sneak up behind one of my poor unfortunate victims and take them hostage, allowing me to pick people off who dont want to risk shooting thier own team. And by executions, I will charge after they take a shot and pull off any one of the executions from the Godfather videogame. Like getting a knee shot then grabbing thier shirt and shooting them in the neck. That sort of thing. But I don't do this all the time. Just when I'm with my friends.

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:10 PM

I consider myself a Hybrid. I do not take head shots no matter what. If my team mate needed some ammo then yeah I would toss him some. I do go after people who are reloading but I do not go out of my way to do it. I have never used another team member as a shield, and I never will.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#17 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

I think just about everyone who posted here said they were a Hybrid. I would kind of consider myself one. I am a nice nerfer to my teamate but to my enemies I dont give a shit where they bleed. For example: there is some noob in my school who thinks that the Tommy 20 is the best gun ever untill his neighbour got a longshot, then he did and now thinks he is unstopable(untill I played him). Its was a one-on-one match, me .vs. him and I was using my singled Titan which he had no idea about because he is such a noob. We were playing at a park and I literally knocked him out with a head shot from 50ft away. Now he cant brag about knowing everything about nerf since a friend of mine got video of him lieing on the ground and cying when he woke up. It was really funny.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#18 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:29 PM

Shooting somebody in the head with a high powerd air gun doesn't make you cool. It makes you an asshole. Especially when they have no idea what it is. Extra especially when you hold his injury over his head as blackmail. Dick.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#19 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

Ask ANYONE i've nerfed with and you'll here the story of the giant sword, Or chucking people. Or kittens.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#20 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

Or kittens.

Kittens? :wacko:
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#21 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Yep. Perfect projectile. Great for stunning. :wacko: . Just kidding. I made that part up.

#22 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

Shooting somebody in the head with a high powerd air gun doesn't make you cool. It makes you an asshole. Especially when they have no idea what it is. Extra especially when you hold his injury over his head as blackmail. Dick.

True that.

#23 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:35 PM

Yep. Perfect projectile. Great for stunning. :wacko: . Just kidding. I made that part up.

I just had a vision of a cat launcher And a kid getting hid eyes clawed out because of direct hit
=[

#24 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

True that.

Agreed.
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#25 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

Yep. Perfect projectile. Great for stunning. :rolleyes: . Just kidding. I made that part up.

I just had a vision of a cat launcher And a kid getting hid eyes clawed out because of direct hit

Good Idea! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users