56 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Already sold, now mine is free. Capitalism. Gotta love it. No internals because I don't have a second one yet. Questions are welcome.

#2 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

This gun looks pretty bitchin'. Thanks, Captain CC.

#3 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

So it looks like mid December was right! Where did you get it? were there a lot in stock? and also can we get pics of the actual blaster?

#4 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

As I mentioned in the other thread, the latest streamline dart packs have pics of the Recon, so expect it in most stores really, really soon. Also, it was $20 at the Target in the Tustin Marketplace, just out of Irvine, CA. Don't buy it on Amazon, wait for Target to save yourself the $10 and buy refills with it.

No pics of the blaster as I have sold it. It was the last one in stock and I almost didn't even see it. The box is tinier than you'd expect. If you take two sealed Nite Finders and place them vertically next to each other, it matches the size exactly. By vertically I meant so the cocking handle is facing down, and put them side by side, not one on top of the other.

Edited by CaptainCC, 16 December 2007 - 11:42 AM.

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

That must've taken a LOT of self-control to not rip into that box and pull that puppy out.

I'm traveling to Honolulu tonight...first stop; Toys 'R' Us, and Wal*Mart...it's worth a try anyway. I'll look for the "tiny" box.

Good one, as always Cap. You never cease to impress me how you find these things first.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

SO, most of us CAN find this at our local Target?
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#7 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:16 PM

That means I MAY be getting one for Christmas. When my aunt got home yesterday from our TRU, I noticed a box for a Nerf gun about that same size through the bag, so look around guys, it may be completely out NOW. Now I prettimuch know I'm getting one for Christmas.

EDIT: PS. Has anyone noticed the bottom right of the box on the first pic? I know it means attach whatever's needed for your mission, but if the warnings weren't there it would just be encouraging us to mod.

Edited by deaddumpster, 16 December 2007 - 12:21 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#8 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

CaptainCC, you officially rock. Thanks for the pictures. What are the advertised ranges? I gotta say though, I'm dissapointed you can't put the stock on the sight rail...

Edited by penguin807, 16 December 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#9 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

tHank you so much CaptainCC! But did anyone else notice that the box says the light can either be red DOT or red LIGHT. This is even better than I would have thought. I dont think I can wait another week to go to America.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#10 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:40 PM

CaptainCC, you officially rock. Thanks for the pictures. What are the advertised ranges? I gotta say though, I'm dissapointed you can't put the stock on the sight rail...

Why would you want to put the stock on the sight rail, or was that sarcasm? Anyways, thanks for the heads up CaptainCC, I'll be sure to drop a couple hints on my parents to check the local Target in order to check something off my Christmas list. Can't wait until someone posts internal pictures!

EDIT: Woah, did anyone else notice the funky color scheme on the Maverick picture on the back of the box :lol:.

Edited by Blasphemy, 16 December 2007 - 12:46 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#11 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

DANG!!! I begged my parents and they said not today but now they said yes. But I cant go because I have a ton of homework. But I am trusting my dad to get the right one. Once I have it in about an hour or two. Ill post like 50 pictures of it!!!!

Edited by sourskttles772, 16 December 2007 - 01:50 PM.

http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#12 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

That thing is intense, good find. like piney said, how could you not open that the second you got home?glad to know they hit stores.

PS. Is it me or in the second picture does the mav on the botom have a different color scheme

Edited by dadude778, 16 December 2007 - 01:06 PM.

Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#13 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

I have the exact same colour scheme on my maverick, yelloe and black with silver turret.

EDIT: I think it would be pretty easy to mod the slide on this so it works like a LS. Expect me to give a level 3 mod write-up when I get this in my house.

Edited by rokor, 16 December 2007 - 01:05 PM.

Talio in Shoutbox.

#14 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

I have the exact same colour scheme on my maverick, yelloe and black with silver turret.

Look at the slider.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#15 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

Awesome. You know, Since that kid looks about my size, (remember, I am 13, and only 5 foot, two inches)
I could almost use that little "laser light beam" as a shotgun foregrip. Caiptain Slug should get sme made for the recon. And CC, you have impressed me. :lol:

#16 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

Look at the slider.

Yes, I noticed the slider, that is the same colour scheme as my Maverick. And what would I gain from lying to you.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#17 Tofu

Tofu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

Frick yeah!!! I was going to go get one yesterday but I couldn't find any. Now I know where to look nd am going to get one soon! Yeah beaby yeah.
I eat air restrictors for breakfast.

QUOTE(P.C. III @ Jan 17 2008, 12:19 PM) View Post

A great nf can beat a crummy xbow...

^BS^

#18 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Anybody seen one in Canada yet?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#19 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

Dont think their up in Canadayet, but Il be in America next week so I can get some. If you want Il pick one up for you and you can get it at WCNO. No holding fee.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#20 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

I itch to open it, but unfortunately it must go in the mail on Tuesday.

No advertised ranges--I hope that's not a bad sign. I should also note that the thing is extremely light. Whereas the LS box weighs like six pounds, this thing, I'm guessing, is about 3 at the high end. Also, I said the box was tinier than one would expect, but the actual gun, judging from the picture on the side of the box that gives a better perspective than the front, seems to be reaching Longshot levels fully assembled. Overall, it seems like a much more badass LS.

Also, pictures of these dumb kids are kind of annoying. I liked it better when we had the hand drawn kids shooting hand drawn toys.

#21 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

Well my target doesnt have it. it sucks
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#22 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

Finally I was waiting for it to be released. Now to pray to get it for Christmas.

I like the "modify for any mission" section of the box. All of the combinations besides the pistol look absolutely ridicules.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#23 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

Finally I was waiting for it to be released. Now to pray to get it for Christmas.

I like the "modify for any mission" section of the box. All of the combinations besides the pistol look absolutely ridicules.

Ridicules. How ironic. Ridiculous even.

#24 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

Man, the box looks pretty darn awesome.

On my quest for one today, I found the two Target's close to me in Columbus (Graceland and Lennox) both do not have any Recon's in stock. My friend that works at TRU will be checking to see if their latest shipment had any as soon as his break is over.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#25 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:50 PM

Why would you want to put the stock on the sight rail, or was that sarcasm?

I think the real question here is why wouldn't I? I mean come on, you could integrate a sspb in the handle and use the stock on the sight rail to steady your shot!

No advertised ranges--I hope that's not a bad sign. I should also note that the thing is extremely light.

I can only assume that you bought the shell of the gun with no internals by mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users