Only 35FT?

8 replies to this topic

#1 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

Im in a bit of a predicament.
I just bought a DTG about a month ago by Zaxbys (Thanks!) stock. I was excited and did a CPVC barrel mod very cleanly. I was dissapointed when the stock ranges were only about 25FT flat was compared to the new 35Ft. -_- There are absolutely no leaks in the barrel part, but where the the plunger meets is where I'm unsure.

Posted Image

I didn't see any internal pics for the DTG around that was working so does this look ok?
The only other thing I did was add e-tape to the plunger head. Everything else is stock. Help would be dearly appreciated.

Thanks
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:47 PM

If your cpvc is like mine and is tighter than the grip of a man who has been single his whole life.
Then it is a fair assumption the dart friction is to much.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#3 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

If your cpvc is like mine and is tighter than the grip of a man who has been single his whole life.
Then it is a fair assumption the dart friction is to much.

Yeah, My Lowe's stopped making my favorite CPVC with some new tighter ones. I notice, the more I put the stephan down the barrel, the distances decrease sighnificantly. If thats the case, what do you suggest "'O wise one?"
-Vacc

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Can you shove an Ace 49 spring in there?

I did, then sold it to a friend who said it got about 40+ feet (not me saying I got it jusst saying what he said).
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

That looks right.

It's probably the barrels. I wouldn't suggest doing a barrel replacement unless you add a stronger spring, as the stock barrels are smoother than CPVC.

Also, I wouldn't suggest changing the spring with one too strong as the plunger rod feels a bit week (atleast on the ones I've had). I would suggest banding it.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#6 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

You could try some of my bodge-ary and do some lazy internal banding:

All you need to do is open her up and wrap a couple of those big elastic bands around the end of the plunger rod and forwads to the screw mount things, like so:

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3228.jpg

Just be careful they don't fly off anf hit you in the face or something. You could try more than two, but I found the shell of the gun started to bend at two, and the two shell halfs didn't meet up properly till I put some screws in.

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3225.jpg

It seems to add a fair bit more power, although I havn't range tested it yet, and it took me less than 10mins to do. It might just have the power to get your darts out of those tight-ass barrels (I quite like FA's comparison XD).

PS: I linked because I cba to resize...

#7 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:57 PM

Thanks ya'll, Wisey.
The banding helpped a little, like 5FT more the most. I was expecting the ranges of a NF. I mean if I were to put a stronger spring, it would make it better. I'll probably replace the DTG spring, put it on a NF and put the NF spring on the DTG and see what happens. Thanks again for all ya'll help.

-CAPS
-Vacc

#8 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:06 AM

The banding helpped a little, like 5FT more the most.

Humm, I'll have to range test mine agianst the one with no banding... to see if, like you say with yours, it dosn't make alot of difference. It might not y'know, I've only tested mine inside.

#9 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:10 AM

CAPs, if you're experiencing a problem with the seal between the plunger and turret add a small o-ring onto the end of the "sealing piece" and add a good bit of lube between the new o-ring and turret.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users