Single Tek

A quick mod

12 replies to this topic

#1 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

I was recently looking around ToysRus and I found two Big Blasts and two Single Teks for $14.99. I would probably pay that much for one Big Blast, so I automatically grabbed it. I decided I would mod the Single Tek first because it was kind of cool and I thought it might have potential. Let's get started!

What you will need

Single Tek
Screwdriver
Hacksaw
Lot's of hot glue
Another Spring(I found that Maverick and LS Sidearm springs work best in addition to the stock spring).
1/2 inch CPVC

Okay, here's the gun.

Posted Image

The spring actually sounds pretty strong, I was expecting it to get 20-30 ranges stock, but instead it got about 5-10. This was because of the beast of and AR inside.

Now open it up. I could not get a picture of the internals because as soon as I opened two springs and an orange piece hit me in the face. It's very simple though.

First cut off the front part of the gun wright in front of the first ammo holder, like this(sorry for blurry pics my camera is having a mid-life crisis)

Posted Image

This is because we need to fit a barrel in there and the original hole is to small.

Next we will take a look at the Spring.

Posted Image

It's very similar to a NF spring, just a little weaker. I tried putting a NF spring in there but it would not fit inside the plunger chamber. So instead I put the original spring back in with an LS sidearm spring on the inside(this was really the only thing I had that would fit and I did not want it to be too strong and hard to pull).

Now lets replace the barrel. Cut off the entire stock barrel and break of the little black piece that jets out. Now sand down the head of the barrel.( I do not think I need a pick for this process in particular).

Now hot glue on your CPVC. It should look like this afterwards.

Posted Image

Now put it all back together. This is the hardest part because you have to hold the plunger chamber tight in with the catch and keep the trigger in place. E-tape, Duct Tape and hot glue do not work. My advice is to put the cocking mechanism inside the plunger rod before you put the shell on. This may take a few tries.

After you screw it all back together you will have to hot glue the front like so.

Posted Image

This is because if you do not it, when you fire the plunger chamber will come right out.

Here's the finished product

Posted Image

It's a pretty good gun, maybe for a sidearm, defiantly not a primary.

Ranges

42ft
46ft
44ft
39ft
42.75ft avg.

Questions, comments, flames? Feel free to post!
(Not the last one)

-Scotch

Edited by Scotch, 13 December 2007 - 07:44 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#2 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

Instead of just sealing it with hot glue why not use expanding foam or plumber cement making it air tight and strong hold?
if not.. use hot glue then E-tape ontop of it to secure it even more?

should that work nicely?

One more question did you really get 171 ft?
Retired Australian Nerfer Due To University
=[

#3 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:19 PM

If you are being serious, that is the total. But thanks for the suggestions I think I'll try putting some of that expanding foam in there I have some called great stuff.

-Scotch

Edited by Scotch, 13 December 2007 - 05:21 PM.

Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#4 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

I think your barrel is crooked. Maybe it's just the angle of the picture though. And how many inches of CPVC did you use? It looks like 3 to me.
kthxbaisend

#5 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:54 PM

Good, easy to follow mod. On your next mod though, take a bit more care with your pics, they were a bit fuzzy. Take more than one pic, nad take the best one and post it. That is what I do. If you only take one pic per step, then if you get a carppy pic, you are stuck with a crappy picture for that step. once again, good mod. But did you say they have big blasts at tru? I have been dying for a big blast.

#6 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

Ranges

42ft
46ft
44ft
39ft
171ft
42.75ft avg.

-Scotch

171 ft? What is that? Do you mean 17 ft?
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#7 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

Ranges

42ft
46ft
44ft
39ft
171ft
42.75ft avg.

-Scotch

No that was just the total distance which he divided by the 4 trials to get the average.
Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#8 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

I was thinking of picking one of these up from my local Tesco and seeing what I could do with it. I still might do.

It's pretty ugly though. Although it looks alot better now you've cut the body down a bit.

#9 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:41 PM

Ranges

42ft
46ft
44ft
39ft
171ft
42.75ft avg.

-Scotch

No, Scotch said that that was the TOTAL[b] distance that he got. He added all of the tests together to get 171 ft.

#10 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

CornMan: dadudue778 already corrected All Star, I don't see why you had to do it again.

On-Topic: Nice mod but I wouldn't have hacked down the front, also a Disk Shot spring would work nicely with the existing spring seeing as how they are the same length.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#11 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

I am sorry about the total for the averages I will take that out to simmer down the controversy. I know it's a little messy but quite frankly I really don't give a damn. I acknowledge the fact that is could have dremeled instead of hacksawed, but it was quick as the title purists. Cornman- that actually is a good idea. I think I will do that on my next mod.
Thanks for the tips guys!

-Scotch

#12 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

Cornman- that actually is a good idea. I think I will do that on my next mod.
Thanks for the tips guys!

-Scotch

Did you mean Blasphemys tip of adding a Disk Shot spring. Cornman didn't add a suggestion.
Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#13 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

Good, easy to follow mod. On your next mod though, take a bit more care with your pics, they were a bit fuzzy. Take more than one pic, nad take the best one and post it. That is what I do. If you only take one pic per step, then if you get a carppy pic, you are stuck with a crappy picture for that step. once again, good mod. But did you say they have big blasts at tru? I have been dying for a big blast.

I meant this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users