Photo

Problem Solved (get More Power And Distance)

How I solved the spring/barrel/air problems

23 replies to this topic

#1 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

All of us have always wanted a more powerful gun. We've striven to modify, increase and destroy our guns. The reason why? Hasbro limits the power because they're supposed to be for 5 and up. Well, again, as we all know, the "and up" includes us. Take the Maverick. I've done he restrictor and tried a bigger spring. It does alright but it still lacks that extra something. My buddy double spring'ed his Longshot. That worked great but still only about 60 ft if he was lucky.

Problem solved right? Yes but not that way. Springs can only be so big before they make it so you can't cock the gun and doing some of the other mods is incredibly tedious (Only 43 more screws to go). Well, since the "air power" is what we're trying to increase, why not give that a boost of something different? I give you ----- CO2 power!

I'll post pics in a bit but let this tantalize you.

A barrel extension for accuracy

A "real" laser hand-grip

An open sight

And the best part, over 100 ft of greatness with regular darts.

The only flaw.... It's too powerful. I blew out three normal darts while testing. I requires the use of solid darts be it Stefens or something I made - Solid-Core darts.

I have to make a website in order to upload pics so it'll be a little bit. I'll post as a reply.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 11 December 2007 - 09:48 PM.

"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#2 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:02 PM

Fascinating, but hardly a new concept. However, are you adapting an existing Nerf gun to use CO2 via a homemade stepdown system like Captain Slug did, or are you doing a full-blown CO2-powered homemade like Boltsniper did?

Edit: Wow, very impressive. Is it single shot, and does it take small CO2 canisters instead of being fed from a larger tank?

Edited by umdlancer, 11 December 2007 - 03:06 PM.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:40 PM

Don't use geoshitties. Use Imageshack.
SexD Warves

#4 sn1per

sn1per

• Banned
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

Wow, pretty cool. And the 100 ft was with stock darts? I like the pistol design. Does it use like pellet rifle CO2 tanks? Because i have a million of those...
QUOTE(Scotch @ Feb 3 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

sn1per I appreciate your humor, that made me laugh literally out loud.

"It's a free country, UNDER MY DICTATORSHIP!!!"
-Connor

#5 aguineapig

aguineapig

• Banned
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but you might want to consider adding some air-restrictors, this is one case were it's just too powerful.
fun-petitive!

Her brother literally almost pissed herself.

DO NOT CLICK!!

#6 BadWolf

BadWolf

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:23 PM

it doesn't need a restrictor there is a velocity adjustment screw on the back, it uses the 12gram co2 powerlets, the cop under the front of the barrel unscrews to put in the 12 gram. it can also be moded to use the bigger co2 tanks mouted under the grip or on a remote. if you seal up the hole in the back of the darts with some hotglue and turn down the velocity,your darts won't blow apart on you.

#7 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:16 PM

it doesn't need a restrictor there is a velocity adjustment screw on the back, it uses the 12gram co2 powerlets, the cop under the front of the barrel unscrews to put in the 12 gram. it can also be moded to use the bigger co2 tanks mouted under the grip or on a remote. if you seal up the hole in the back of the darts with some hotglue and turn down the velocity,your darts won't blow apart on you.

Agreed. I used the stock darts and put in them the rods from the air restrictors and sealed all that with glue so it gives the darts an even balance. I can turn down the velocity but even on its lowest setting it was blowing away stock darts. I want to try a different darts. So far my custom darts work. Since the dart foam is flimsy, I put the rod in there to counteract that when I insert it into the CPVC.

And yes, the other flaw of this gun is that it's a single shot. It's a douche bag handgun. I can't find the pieces to hook it up to a bigger tank but I want to use the cartridges anyways. It hides the fact that it uses CO2. Some places give an evil stare at CO2 and consider it dangerous.

In the end, I want to use streamline darts and put a rod in those.

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 12 December 2007 - 08:45 AM.

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#8 BadWolf

BadWolf

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

What you can do to turn the velocity down more is either put a softer spring in or cut a little off the one that is in it. If you need it i can give you some links where you can get parts, Is that a PT-Junoir?

#9 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:14 PM

You do not need ar's added. It is just fine how it is. Think about the airtech 2000, it gets about 100 ft. (well mine did right before it broke, my kid brother pumped it 6 times and dislodged everything), keep it as is, you could own the battle field, with that as your primary, so you would'nt have to carry around a larger gun like the bbb, or the big blast, or lbb, or another large gun. Just keep it as is. And by the way, what are ya gonna name your beast? And does it take a whole CO2 canister for every shot, or do you have 1 canister for about 5 or 10 rounds? I am not familiar with those things. How much are the little canisters at the hardware stores? I have seen them before. And for having your stock darts and stefans not ripping, just wrap them around once with clear, scotch, gloss packing tape. They slide in and out of the barrel nicely, and they cant rip. That is what I do to my darts so I can use them in my titan. And remember, only one time around

-Corn

Edited by CornMan, 12 December 2007 - 12:16 PM.

#10 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:04 PM

You do not need ar's added. It is just fine how it is. Think about the airtech 2000, it gets about 100 ft. (well mine did right before it broke, my kid brother pumped it 6 times and dislodged everything), keep it as is, you could own the battle field, with that as your primary, so you would'nt have to carry around a larger gun like the bbb, or the big blast, or lbb, or another large gun. Just keep it as is. And by the way, what are ya gonna name your beast? And does it take a whole CO2 canister for every shot, or do you have 1 canister for about 5 or 10 rounds? I am not familiar with those things. How much are the little canisters at the hardware stores? I have seen them before. And for having your stock darts and stefans not ripping, just wrap them around once with clear, scotch, gloss packing tape. They slide in and out of the barrel nicely, and they cant rip. That is what I do to my darts so I can use them in my titan. And remember, only one time around

-Corn

The power is fine and turning it up is definitely the best option. What i need to do it just keep making darts. As a handgun, it's smaller than a Longshot with twice, if not more, the range. I think about it this way. If a paintball gun can shoot a ball of heavier mass 150+ ft, why would the same gun shoot a dart with just as good aerodynamics the same or farther distances? You can't deny physics. I still want to get a hold of some streamline darts and make them solid-core but they're so expensive. Oh and the gun is a PT Enforcer (close but good eye though).

CO2 canisters allow 12 full-power shots before fading. I can pick them up for $.50 to $.80.

The gun will be called Faust or Project Epsilon II.

#11 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:17 PM

Damn! Is this in the homemade directory yet? It should be, its awesome!

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

-Corn

The power is fine and turning it up is definitely the best option. What i need to do it just keep making darts. As a handgun, it's smaller than a Longshot with twice, if not more, the range. I think about it this way. If a paintball gun can shoot a ball of heavier mass 150+ ft, why would the same gun shoot a dart with just as good aerodynamics the same or farther distances? You can't deny physics. I still want to get a hold of some streamline darts and make them solid-core but they're so expensive. Oh and the gun is a PT Enforcer (close but good eye though).

CO2 canisters allow 12 full-power shots before fading. I can pick them up for $.50 to $.80.

The gun will be called Faust or Project Epsilon II.

Because of terminal velocity, a stefan can only go approximately 200 feet, due to it's low mass. If you increase the mass, you get a higher terminal velocity, which increases your distance. Also, stefans have better aerodynamics that paintballs.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#13 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Congrats for putting a barrel on a paintball gun!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#14 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

Yeah I'm not going to lie. Putting a barrel on a paintball gun (one that has proven itself time and time again and is pretty rare to find) and creating darts is about all I've done. I agree Prometheus and that's why I'm making the darts as I do. I'm trying to collect data on those and will eventually post a video on YouTube. But first off, what name does everyone like better? Faust or Project Epsilon II?

#15 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

Definetly Project Epsilon II. And, I just had a thought, why not get a coupler of some sort, and much wider pvc or something for a barrel, and make it compatable with homemade ballistic balls. (that sounds kinda sick) :mellow: , to make them heavier, and you could get more range out of them. Just a quick thought though.

-Corn

Edited by CornMan, 12 December 2007 - 04:58 PM.

#16 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

Well the gun can shoot the old school arrows from my arrowstorm so... granted it could do that better but i'd have to make an adapter out of slightly larger pvc so it's fit better. Anything is possible. I'm just anxious to use it for its intended purpose. Lasers seem to be my thing right now so i put one on a mave and a firefly. Firefly looked so cool but even modded.... makes me cry.

#17 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

Yeah I'm not going to lie. Putting a barrel on a paintball gun (one that has proven itself time and time again and is pretty rare to find) and creating darts is about all I've done.

And how does this fit into homemades...?

#18 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I'm not going to lie. Putting a barrel on a paintball gun (one that has proven itself time and time again and is pretty rare to find) and creating darts is about all I've done.

And how does this fit into homemades...?

The fact that he made a contribution to the forums makes his actions all the more valuable than yours right here.

Edited by Prometheus, 12 December 2007 - 10:38 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#19 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

Congrats for being sarcastic!
I think this is pretty cool. Technically, you could do a write-up and put this in the mods section.

Edited by Ubermensch, 13 December 2007 - 07:13 AM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#20 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

Congrats for being sarcastic!

I think this is pretty cool. Technically, you could do a write-up and put this in the mods section.

Edited by Ubermensch, 13 December 2007 - 07:13 AM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#21 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

This is nothing new. It's been done, and a co2 powered nerf gun is freaking dangerous at nerf wars. I have played with somebody who took a c02 powered bbgun, air rifle, or something and added a coupler to it. It hurt a lot.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#22 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

I think it's getting odd that everyone is thinking that I'm trying to give them something "new." I never once stated that this was new. I'm just presenting a gun that can shoot micros. If I could really have it my way, I would have disassembled the gun, put its pieces into a nerf gun and called it good. THAT would be new and sweet. However, the parts for something like that are not exactly available to me and would be a hassle to order or win online. Until that day arrives, this gun is a solution to my need for a gun that can shoot hella far and accurately.

I do look forward to making a Nerf gun with paintball parts. Say... a firefly with an autococker and a 20 oz tank. That'd be amazing. The Psycho Mantis (with respect to MGS).

Edited by TAiLsChaser, 13 December 2007 - 03:45 PM.

#23 BadWolf

BadWolf

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

This is nothing new. It's been done, and a co2 powered nerf gun is freaking dangerous at nerf wars. I have played with somebody who took a c02 powered bbgun, air rifle, or something and added a coupler to it. It hurt a lot.

if you are afraid to play against him because it might hurt then you would realy hate playing against me and my gun. also it does take some skill to take a gun that shoots a certain type ammo and mod it to shoot a totaly different type ammo, and i think he did a very decent job on it. at least it does not look like something that rose up from the junkyard.

by the way the games i plain , this is what we use for ammo and we shoot at 230fps.
Posted Image

Edited by BadWolf, 13 December 2007 - 06:13 PM.

#24 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:21 PM

I got my streamlines. Target was pretty baller on the price. I'm doing a few solid-cores and the others with bb's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users