Disc Shot

A question and a recent deal I saw

16 replies to this topic

#1 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:41 PM

I recently saw this on amazon but it is at an outrageous price of $99.99. I was wondering if anyone has seen this in an actual store for a reasonable price:
Posted Image

Also in the TRU flyer the disc shot set was $30, the unity system was $30 and the dart tag was $30.

#2 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

Yeah you can get them at ToysRus.com. But you do not need to buy that unless you want the actual thing that launches the discs. There is an expansion pack for a lot less money, which just includes the gun and some extra discs(which you won't need if you don't have the disk launcher).
What you wanted
What I recomend
Hope I helped
-Scotch

EDIT- ToysRus I think is the cheapest.

Edited by Scotch, 10 December 2007 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

I was wondering if anyone has seen this in an actual store for a reasonable price:

in the TRU flyer the disc shot set was $30

I think you answered your own question.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:58 PM

The Bullshit price still in Canada.

I would purchase one for $29.99
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

I cant believe the prices here in canada.

forsaken? did you hear or see anything involving the recon here in canada?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#6 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:23 AM

I've seen that set at various Targets and Wal Marts for around $30.00. I'm nt sure if it was local or what, but for a few days, the Columbus Toys R' Us was offering the disk shot or a magstrike for $20.00. I bought up a magstrike but passed on the disk shot.

But you do not need to buy that unless you want the actual thing that launches the discs

Are the disks soft or are they some sort of hard plastic? I kind of want to mount the disk launcher on a bigger gun if it is at all safe...although on second thought, that is probably not nerf approved ordinance.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#7 matteroniandcheese

matteroniandcheese

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:01 AM

Yah, I was thinking of buying one of these for $30...should I? I only care about the disk launcher, not the gun.

#8 NerferKid

NerferKid

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

I found one on sale in target for 29.99. But it's probably just a crimmus sale.

edit: it must not be local,because I just noticed jedi's post..

Edited by NerferKid, 11 December 2007 - 03:11 PM.

...thing happens to mine sometimes, stick your finger in the barrel to make it air tight, then pump a couple times to re-close it... If that doesnt work then you have to open it up and pull the rod back.For me I have to pump 55 and I get a shot that can break through soft wood, consistantly.-rokor

#9 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

I found the launcher in Wal-Mart for 50 or 60 dollars here in Washington. The expansion pack is only 15 dollars.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#10 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

I was wondering if anyone has seen this in an actual store for a reasonable price:

in the TRU flyer the disc shot set was $30

I think you answered your own question.

The set that is $30 is the set that doesn't include the extra disc shot gun.

Also I have seen a disc shot set like the one in my picture but instead of it including the disc shot gun it included a nite-finder. Also there was a set on ebay that came with two mavericks.

The question I would like to have answered is 'has anyone seen a disc shot set that came with a nite-finder, two mavericks, or an extra disc shot.'

#11 longshotman32

longshotman32

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

I saw one at target for $40.00 if that reasonable to you.
Well i can use any other nerf gun but give me the longshot you better find VERY GOOD cover!

#12 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:56 PM

I hate the damn Disk Shot price here in Canada. Ugh. I'm so pissed at it. Mother fucking bull shitting price. They are sons of bitches. Them stupid assholes. :D
kthxbaisend

#13 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:34 PM

The Bullshit price still in Canada.

I would purchase one for $29.99

I wonder how long it'll take Hasbro to catch on to the fact that y'all's currency is actually worth more nor. ^_^;

#14 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

Yea, I've been wondering about that for a while now...
kthxbaisend

#15 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

Some people aren't keeping track of their own country's economy. The Canadian dollar dropped 12 cents in a matter of weeks. It's because every single Canadian had the same brilliant idea to go over to the states for a couple days, and buy everything in a 10 foot radius of where they were currently standing.

At the time I posted this message 1.00 CAD = 0.989931 USD approximately. Go to XE.com and see for yourselves.

But yes, I do wish that Nerf would lower their prices a tad.

#16 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:24 AM

Some people aren't keeping track of their own country's economy. The Canadian dollar dropped 12 cents in a matter of weeks. It's because every single Canadian had the same brilliant idea to go over to the states for a couple days, and buy everything in a 10 foot radius of where they were currently standing.

At the time I posted this message 1.00 CAD = 0.989931 USD approximately. Go to XE.com and see for yourselves.

But yes, I do wish that Nerf would lower their prices a tad.

I stand corrected. Living in Buffalo, I do have an appreciation for that sort of phenomenon – I remember when Americans used to go to Canada for the same reason in reverse.

Of course, a significant portion of the international trade in my vicinity is closely connected to Canada's more sensible drinking age, which hasn't changed with the currency, so I expect that Canada will pull through in the end. ^_^

#17 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:37 AM

Disk Shot is $25 now at Walmart,you can have it shipped to your store for free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users