Photo

Anyone Nerf Around Vancouver,cananda?

14 replies to this topic

#1 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 05:13 PM

I know that theres zero and gaebo,but who else?
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 11:16 PM

Born and raised, motherfuckers.

I live in North Van but I'm usually out at UBC pretending I'm learning something.
I like my women like I like my coffee...
Ground up and in the freezer.

#3 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:52 PM

cool my bro goes to UBC

#4 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:41 PM

cool my bro goes to UBC

What faculty? Maybe I can make fun of him.

#5 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:01 PM

no he's in his third year.

#6 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:29 PM

no he's in his third year.

He should still be in a faculty by third year, unless he really REALLY wants to be a generalist.

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:32 PM

Is not being in a faculty like not declareing a major?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:43 PM

Is not being in a faculty like not declareing a major?

Yeah, exactly. By third year most faculties give you shit odds to get seats in their classes unless you've declared to be one of theirs.
That's my experience with comp.sci anyways. I think lots of arts courses are different because everybody takes arts as easy electives. But either way, I was forced to declare my major by third year or I wouldn't have been able to take much of anything.

#9 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:54 AM

I was in Vancouver for 3 weeks... and I'm coming back next year for another 3. But somehow, even if you guys wanted me there, I wouldn't be able to bring my modded SM5K loser with me...

Yeah, that brought the topic back to where it started, heh.
Sylent Blade

http://cam-m.cjb.net

#10 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:06 PM

i dont know if hes faculty of not,but i dont think he is

#11 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:56 PM

Born and raised, motherfuckers.

I live in North Van but I'm usually out at UBC pretending I'm learning something.

And here I thought you were from that "Back East" place! Yeah, I go to UBC too (first year... So maybe not for long...), but the faculty will remain unannounced for... Uh... "Safety" reasons.

Comp Sci, eh? Crazy mathematical theory?

The basic Comp Sci class I'm in is rather bland. It's just C++, after all, with nothing good in the way of algorithms.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#12 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 05:10 PM

And here I thought you were from that "Back East" place! Yeah, I go to UBC too (first year... So maybe not for long...), but the faculty will remain unannounced for... Uh... "Safety" reasons.

It gets better.. First year I think was the worst year of my life. Second year is a bit better. Third and fourth are great.

Comp Sci, eh? Crazy mathematical theory?

Blech. I hate math. You only need 2 upper level math to graduate, plus the basic linear algebra/calc/stat nonsense early on.

The basic Comp Sci class I'm in is rather bland. It's just C++, after all, with nothing good in the way of algorithms.

They still teach C++ in first year? Thank god.
Resist Java, it's the nicest language to code in and the most useless in the world. There's a sick algorithm course.. CS320.. Look into that.. Everybody hates it and it's mandatory.

And to steer back on topic for a moment.. Found any decent sites around Vancouver to nerf? I'd considered Queen E park but I have a feeling there's too much open space and not enough close quarters. Stanley Park is another obvious one if you go trekking into the boonies, but there's probably too many squatters and fornicating gays and stalking perverts to make it of much use...
I'm still a big indoor fan for that reason.

#13 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 05:22 PM

but there's probably too many squatters and fornicating gays and stalking perverts to make it of much use...

But that makes it so much more fun! They're like...NPCs or somethng.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#14 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:12 PM

And to steer back on topic for a moment.. Found any decent sites around Vancouver to nerf? I'd considered Queen E park but I have a feeling there's too much open space and not enough close quarters. Stanley Park is another obvious one if you go trekking into the boonies, but there's probably too many squatters and fornicating gays and stalking perverts to make it of much use...
I'm still a big indoor fan for that reason.

I'm still a big fan of smaller towns, for that very reason. Daigan (frequents Hal's X-Forums now, fourth year UBC Philosophy major, I believe) once suggested the UBC endowment grounds, but I don't know how happily the administration would take to that... Not that they have to know, of course, but it's a similar issue.

I'd suggest a park in a small town, but that's too much travel for most of us, and there is no guarantee of park population. So I can't really help anybody out with Vancouver sites without some scouting. Stanley Park sounds fun, though. Somewhere rather unpopulated with buildings of some kind would be really handy. I have something like that in my town, but that town is unfortunately Mission.

Starting some kind Nerf thing on the UBC campus would be fun, if not for the redundancy with the presence of Paintball and Airsoft clubs of the same nature. Still, dorm wars sound like fun.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#15 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 11:02 PM

I live in North Vancouver. Me and about ten of my friends nerf together quite often so i look forward to possibly nerfing with some different people.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users