Titan

Valve and air tank

3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hey, my titan valve isn't functioning properly, when I pump all the air just comes right out, like the valve isn't closed or something. I'm wondering, can I get the air tank open to get at the valve, but then get the air tank back together and still have it hold pressure? Thanks in advance. . .
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

Check this topic out. Most of it applies to AT2K's as well as the titan.
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9018&hl=

Edit: See if your firing pin is all the way forward. In my AT2K, the o-ring (seen in above topic) hadn't blown out, but was halfway off the pin; blocking my air tank open.

In the mod, I substituted hot glue for superglue, and didn't use any e-tape. It now works just fine, but you have to make sure that you still have the spring that goes inside the airtank when you epoxy the halves together.

2nd Edit: Would Rokor's 'barrel plug' actually work? It seems to me that this would simply equalize the pressure between barrel and air tank. Seems to me that the most reasonable (and permanent) fix is the link above.

Edited by lionhead333, 09 December 2007 - 08:46 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:40 PM

same thing happens to mine sometimes, stick your finger in the barrel to make it air tight, then pump a couple times to re-close it. If that doesnt work then you have to open it up and pull the rod back. But to prevent it next time, pump more for more air to get released faster and it wont happen. So now if you pump 20 time then pump about 25. For me I have to pump 55 and I get a shot that can break through soft wood, consistantly.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:57 AM

spray some silicon spay onto the valve.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users